PDA

View Full Version : OH NO I'VE BEEN SUCKED INTO A GAME UNIVERSE.

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Which universe have you been sucked into?

I'm talking magic by the way. You get literally sucked through your television. It sounds bizarre, but a game that I'd quite like to be in is Fallout 3, assuming I'm like the Lone Wanderer and therefore freaking immortal. xD

Otherwise somewhere nice. Fable. Oblivion. Final Fantasy 9. That sort of thing. I think I'd enjoy Oblivion most. Nice countryside. :)

How 'about choo, EoFF?

Shattered Dreamer
10-08-2009, 04:44 PM
The Metal Gear universe is the only one I have to have I've every been totally engrossed maybe because its so close to our own. I even downloaded the Metal Gear encyclopedia from the Playstation store:D

Vermachtnis
10-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Digimon, maybe World 1 or Dawn/Dusk verse! Raising partners and going on adventures. Sounds like so much fun.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-08-2009, 05:00 PM
FFT for sure. I'd totally be a PC, specifically a White Mage with Summoner abilities as secondary. I mean, just look at my screen name, if I wasn't a summoner in some sense, it'd be all a lie.

*begins to summon Leviathan*

Flying Mullet
10-08-2009, 05:03 PM
The Sims. Then I can use a cheat and own everything in the world!

Araciel
10-08-2009, 05:20 PM
http://www.demonslayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/captainn.jpg

Flying Mullet
10-08-2009, 06:47 PM
If Roto were still here I would throw him into the Zelda universe so he could listen to Link say, "Well excuuuuuse me, Princess" all day long. :spin:

Madame Adequate
10-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Mirror's Edge, at least whilst playing it.

Halo: Combat Evolved.

Laddy
10-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Viva Pinata!

Rase
10-08-2009, 08:27 PM
http://www.demonslayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/captainn.jpg
That show's Mega-awesome!

Since I've been playing it a fair amount, Oblivion. I'd probably just join the Mages Guild, sell them back all of their stuff, by decent starting spells, and make more Septims then most people do in a year with one dungeon crawl.

Aerith's Knight
10-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Myst, any of them. I'd want to be taught the gift of writing ages. =D

JKTrix
10-08-2009, 09:08 PM
A topic about getting sucked into a TV and I'm the first person to mention Persona? Hmm.

As for a game world I would actually like to live in, that would be Zone of the Enders. I love Giant Robots, and the ZoE 'bots are probably the best ones out there.

Moon Rabbits
10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
http://guineapig119.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/earthbound.png?w=512&h=448

For-fucking-sure.

Markus. D
10-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Probably Tyria!

Bolivar
10-08-2009, 11:16 PM
The Metal Gear universe is the only one I have to have I've every been totally engrossed maybe because its so close to our own. I even downloaded the Metal Gear encyclopedia from the Playstation store:D

MGS for sure, but out of all of them I might say the first one sucked me in the most. Playing that game late at night, for all intents and purposes you are at Shadow Moses.

Far Cry 2 really put me in that world. The diversity of the locations, and the way the environment interacted with you was insane. I mean the sunsets really look like sunsets, the heavy rains feel like heavy rains and the way fire spread was just off the charts. You're bogged down in this hopeless situation of mind-warped warlords, cold-cut businessmen, and genuinely good people who are just innocent civilians working creatively to try and help eachother out. You really get into the mind of that mercenary, and being brought back from near death by one of your buddies (or having one of them die in your arms) is a really touching game experience.

I've enjoyed and gotten lost in a lot of games, but as far as really absorbing me, those two stand out the most. I would say inFAMOUS, the GTA games, and Demon's Souls have all done it as well.

Iceglow
10-09-2009, 12:35 AM
I've gotta admit I get sucked in pretty deeply by games such as Fallout, Fable and Oblivion.

Rostum
10-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Myst, any of them. I'd want to be taught the gift of writing ages. =D

Very much so for me too!

Evastio
10-09-2009, 04:34 AM
(Points to sig)

Besides Smash Bros, I guess there's also Pokemon, even though I've pretty much ran out of things to do in HeartGold.

Quindiana Jones
10-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Many of you aren't reading the original post carefully enough. I don't care about your emotions and the obsession that some game create. This is about MAGIC. Like....like that film with Tobey Maguire, where he and his sister get sucked into the TV program, and then start changing stuff so it goes from black and white to colour. Something-ville. Yeah, like that.

Jiro
10-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Oblivion. It has a nice countryside (apart from the Oblivion Gates but we'll pretend they aren't there) and it has plenty of opportunities to make money and go adventuring and whatnot.

Mass Effect because it is space and I love space. And adventures. And space battles, pew pew psswaahh!

Rocket Edge
10-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Any of the Final Fantasies I've played. They sucked me in so much. VIII is still my favourite world though. I remember dreaming of becoming a SeeD and then retiring in Balamb. I was young, it was a simpler time.

krissy
10-09-2009, 01:15 PM
jet set raaadiooo

Shoeberto
10-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Half-life 2 was like a revelation when I first played it. Totally got absorbed into the whole thing.

I think Hyrule in Twilight Princess really grabbed me, as well.

Raistlin
10-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Ultima's world makes me all nostalgic, especially after two years of playing Ultima Online many years ago. I never grew bored with exploring it.

Levian
10-10-2009, 12:01 AM
I've been re-sucked into the Silent Hill world. I've recently replayed SH 2, 3, 4 and 5 with a friend. We would take turns playing as both of us prefer watching the other person play. It's all been quite fun really. Now I need to find Silent Hill Origins so we could play through that too. :mog:

Aerith's Knight
10-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Ignoring my previous statement, DOA Xtreme beach volleyball is the only right answer.

Greatermaximus
10-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Absorbed into Final Fantasy and GE. Been wary about WoW and other games.

Iceglow
10-19-2009, 02:30 AM
Absorbed in to the pre-searing Ascalon of Guildwars Prophecies would be fantastic well, so long as I wasn't north of the wall much I guess (though I always thought they'd saved some of the most beautiful landscaping for north of the wall in pre-searing) If not Kryta or Shing Jea would also do fantastically. Guildwars provides an equisite world so long as you look at pre-searing. I would also like to physically visit the worlds of games like Fable/Fable 2 and even though I'd probably wind up dead quite quickly the Fallout post apocalyptic nuke wasteland enchants me.

Recently though when I played through ODST to go get the audio files late at night, in the dark with no one and nothing to interrupt it honestly was as if I was the rookie/other odst's from the game. Primarily the rookie though because that was a big long experience for me to go through (I hunted without a map/assistance for 27 out of 30) I found myself even ducking further back away from the TV when I hid from patrols and holding breath before sniping my first grunt of a patrol. Pretty much as physically speaking as you can get in terms of reality I was an ODST in New Mombasa at night stalking the city.

Cyric
10-20-2009, 02:34 AM
The only TRUE game universe: EVE-Online

Nifleheim7
10-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I loved the world of Dragon Quest VIII!

Jessweeee♪
10-28-2009, 07:07 PM
I got sucked into the TV while playing Persona 4.

...but really I would pick P4 xD

smittenkitten
10-30-2009, 02:50 AM
I am getting slowly addicted to FFXI, I've been playing it for about 3 months now, or more. Just gotta keep my eyes open... :Eek:

Vyk
11-03-2009, 04:55 AM
Take me away, Xenogears :[

Meat Puppet
11-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Sometimes it seems like a mosaic of Tetriminoes has been etched into the backs of my eyelids.

Old Manus
11-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Resident Evil 2!

Christmas
11-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Oblivion! I like those funny mods off the internet! :bigsmile: