PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal Activity

Craig
10-08-2009, 05:57 PM
WARNING: It has been suggested that the trailer linked to in this post can spoil parts of the movie.

Trailer: YouTube - "Paranormal Activity" - Official Trailer [HQ HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074)

Apparently the film wont be released properly until they get 1 million demands. if you think it looks cool plz click below and demand the movie, and tell as many ppl as u can. the sooner this comes out the better

Paranormal Activity (2009) | Official Movie Site & Trailer (http://www.paranormalmovie.com)

Bunny
10-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Eh.

Moon Rabbits
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
It looks okay.

Slothy
10-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Doesn't look like anything special to me. If anything I'd say I was even more put off by the fact that they seemed to show more of people looking scared than anything scary in the movie. Almost like it wasn't actually that scary but they tried to make it seem like it was anyway. Couldn't care less if this ever sees the light of day to be honest.

Boney King
10-10-2009, 05:24 PM
After online response, Paranormal Activity to finally open nationwide - HitFix.com (http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-10-10-after-online-response-paranormal-activity-to-finally-open-nationwide)

Interesting way of marketing the film, but the actual film doesn't look too great.

Necronopticous
10-11-2009, 03:09 AM
You're spoiling a fairly decent film for a lot of people by posting that <i>trailer</i> here.

If you have any intentions of seeing this film, avoid the trailer--nearly every effective scene in the movie is egregiously shown in its entirety with no buildup or context, ruining a lot of the potential impact.

Dreddz
10-12-2009, 07:28 PM
I HAVE to see this movie. Shame it isn't released till the end of November in the UK. Ill just try and forget about it till then.

Old Manus
10-12-2009, 08:33 PM
It looks like an assignment for a college film studies class.

guffman
10-16-2009, 02:09 AM
dude you guys have got to do some research on this film, i know a few people who have seen it and said it was absolutely terrifying. apparently people are having trouble sleeping and some have had psychotic episodes due to lack of sleep. this is not some cheap scare flick where :bou::bou::bou::bou: jumps out at you, it is supposed to be just good ol' fashioned horror where it sticks with you when you are alone and trying to sleep at night. from what i have heard, i have to see this film.

Necronopticous
10-16-2009, 04:50 AM
You're giving the film far more credit than it deserves, and you will be disappointed with those expectations.

Slothy
10-16-2009, 01:01 PM
dude you guys have got to do some research on this film, i know a few people who have seen it and said it was absolutely terrifying. apparently people are having trouble sleeping and some have had psychotic episodes due to lack of sleep. this is not some cheap scare flick where :bou::bou::bou::bou: jumps out at you, it is supposed to be just good ol' fashioned horror where it sticks with you when you are alone and trying to sleep at night. from what i have heard, i have to see this film.

You know, I've seen studios make claims like this before about their movies and it never pans out, and I have no doubt that some people walked out of the theater when they saw it at test screenings and such. I know I'm not the only one who remembers the Blair Witch Project. People were saying they'd never go in the woods again, but when I finally bothered to watch the movie it was literally the most boring waste of time I've ever seen. Hell, actually hiking through the woods in the middle of the night is scarier and even that's not that bad (unless you have Grizzly's in your woods).

I also know that a good portion of the human race are easily scared in movies like this even if they aren't that scary. My wife is like that but I won't even flinch at the scariest things I've ever seen in a movie. Unfortunately, all it takes is a handful of people like my wife for the hype train to start rolling. Maybe, just maybe, if I hear nothing but good things about it I'll check it out when it's released on DVD, but I have trouble believing any movie will ever end up being as scary as the hype makes them out to be.

McLovin'
10-18-2009, 07:54 AM
So anyone seen it yet?

McLovin'
10-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Alright so the movie sucked. Not terrifying in the least bit, nothing that will jump out at you. It's simply like a ghost tv-show but with stuff that actually happens and done with a hand held camera.

guffman
10-19-2009, 07:30 AM
i still want to check it out, and i do not want things to jump out at me. that is just cheap scares, that :bou::bou::bou::bou: is easy to pull off...

Dreddz
10-22-2009, 07:33 PM
What a disappointment. Wish I didn't have such high expectations because I really wasn't scared at all. All the scares are just noises and sudden bangs. Have to wonder what those people in the trailer were freaking out about.

On the other hand the banter between the couple is quite amusing. And there is one good scene when the girlfriend gets dragged down the hall, but other than that this movie has absolutely zero scares. The Blair Witch Project is still the king when it comes to these types of movies.

guffman
10-26-2009, 05:52 AM
sad to hear, but i think i'll still check it out. gotta get paid first!

IronOcean
10-26-2009, 07:07 AM
i saw it and enjoyed it, alot of people in the theater were freaking out though, i like horror films so i pretty much was going to like it no matter what

krissy
10-26-2009, 02:39 PM
it was fun, good acting

i liked the cop ending best (if you pick up the bottle from the hospital and soak up the weird fluid and then use it on the demon you get the cop ending)

Quindiana Jones
10-26-2009, 02:55 PM
There are different endings???

krissy
10-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Roger really: The endings of Paranormal Activity (http://daveguzman.blogspot.com/2009/08/endings-of-paranormal-activity.html)

spoilers of course

IronOcean
10-26-2009, 04:39 PM
i like the second alt endind thats what i said should happen except she just curls back up in bedi think i liked this movie so much because i knew nothing about it, never saw a trailer or anything thats how i suggest people see it. the more you know the more your going to hate the movie

Rase
10-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Some friends and I saw it and agreed that it was alright, nothing terribly special but enjoyable nonetheless. However, this may have also been because of the people in front of us making some decently funny comments throughout the movie. They were not impressed very much by it.

Rocket Edge
10-26-2009, 09:16 PM
The Blair Witch Project is still the king when it comes to these types of movies.
Yep. TBWP is by far the only movie to make me be spooked out. It was excellent. All the rest were either :bou::bou::bou::bou:e, not so very much scary, or both.

Won't be seeing this.

McLovin'
10-26-2009, 10:47 PM
This was a great comedy. 3/5

Unbreakable Will
10-29-2009, 04:47 PM
I want to see this really bad, I have a friend who went to see it and he said that about 10 of the people in the theatre got up and left b/c it was so freaky. :ghost:

Boosk
10-30-2009, 01:43 AM
I just finished watching it like 10 mins ago...Me my boyfriend and our flatmate are all pale faced and a little jumpy lol...Oh dear lord!!! I am a little scared lol! I don't think my fella has function in his hand I was sqwishing it so much!!! Horror or gore doesn't usually bother or scare me, but anything to do with ghosts really scares me!!! It was like how Most Haunted should be!! (love MH btw...Daft, but addictive...). I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight...

Quindiana Jones
10-30-2009, 01:58 AM
Boosk is getting laid.

Boosk
10-30-2009, 10:41 AM
didn't sleep at all...

VexNet
10-30-2009, 02:39 PM
D=

I think the movie looks really good! I'm pretty excited to see it with my girlfriend.. this and the fourth kind.

I've never really watched many scary movies, so I want to start getting into them~

Paranormal stuff on its own already pretty creeps me out, so It should be good! xD