PDA

View Full Version : Certain music at certain times

Flying Mullet
10-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Do you have music that you only feel like listening to at a certain time of day or certain time of the year? I was driving to work this morning and a song came on and I thought, "Naw, this is a lunch-time song" and continued on to the next song. I never realized I had any "lunch-time songs" until that moment. But I do have songs that feel like summer(remind me of music festivals, outdoor parties, barbecues, etc...), so I guess having morning, afternoon and evening songs isn't out of the question.

So do you have songs, bands, genres, etc... that you only listen to at certain times of the day or year (beyond the somewhat typical "I listen to slow stuff before I go to sleep")?

blackmage_nuke
10-09-2009, 02:18 PM
I have a few "walking home at night songs" which make me feel that the day is at a close. Typically anime ending credit themes.

Breine
10-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't have music that I exclusively listen to at certain times. Surely there's a lot of music that reminds me of e.g. summer, winter, good times and whatnot, but I still continue to listen to it all year round.

guffman
10-09-2009, 06:49 PM
oh man i totally agree with this post, in fact i was just trying to choose music that suits today; it is the first fairly cold day outside and it is damp and overcast. my favorite type of day btw. any ideas?

Levian
10-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Sonny & Cher - I've got you babe

This is the song that immediately gets me in christmas spirit, so I try not to listen to it before december, but when that time comes I can easily listen to it on repeat. xD

Moon Rabbits
10-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Kate Bush is my "I just got home from school and am tired as :bou::bou::bou::bou: and need to unwind" music.

Breine
10-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Kate Bush is great for anything, though.

Moon Rabbits
10-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Running Up That Hill is my DETERMINATION SONG :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Wolf Kanno
10-10-2009, 08:21 AM
I like listening to The Pillows in the afternoon as I drive, The Gorillaz at night with a few song exceptions. I really love listening to Yoko Kanno's jazz tracks or piano pieces in the evening. :cool:

Rocket Edge
10-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Well I suppose the obvious one's are when I'm about to go out. Loud banging tunes will only do.

If I'm tired, which is usually after work, mellow songs. Bob Marley works well.

Burtsplurt
10-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Continuing on the Kate Bush theme, I always use Running Up That Hill on my iPod when I am running up a hill. It really works.

Providence or Sleep by Godspeed You! Black Emperor are definitely my favourite songs for working.

Moon Rabbits
10-10-2009, 03:27 PM
I like listening to The Pillows in the afternoon as I drive, The Gorillaz at night with a few song exceptions. I really love listening to Yoko Kanno's jazz tracks or piano pieces in the evening. :cool:

Speaking of Yokos, Yoko Ono is sometimes my "getting ready to go out" music.

edit: actually, Walking On Thin Ice I specifically like to listen to whilst doing my hair >D

Araciel
10-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Happy Birthday To You always makes me think of birthdays.

I mean hi.