PDA

View Full Version : Angel Wings limit

Kyros
10-10-2009, 06:00 AM
Does anyone else pretty much ignore this limit once you can start choosing between it and Angelo? I think you're required to use it as her only limit for a little while (though I can't remember b/c it's been forever since I played the game, wanna replay through it again soon). I've thought about using it more often my next play through b/c I was reading up on it, and it really doesn't sound to me to be that bad. Of course I doubt it would be as potent as Wishing Star once you got that ability for Angelo, but until that point it'd be nice to mess around with this for a change. If I really hated it then I could always just stop using it, but I know that I for one never really credited it for being worthwhile for a few reasons:

1) I didn't know it boosted the crap out of Rinoa's magic stat to where it could go above the stat limit.

2) The main reason I never even gave it a chance was probably b/c I thought it used up draws when it actually doesn't decrease your number of stocked magics at all.

3) If you know what you're doing you can limit her options on what she randomly casts greatly, pretty much allowing you to loosely control what she will cast during her turn.

blackmage_nuke
10-10-2009, 06:55 AM
No once I got angel wing I pretty much used it instead of angelo. She only casts spells that shes holding which means if you only giver her metoer she will only cast meteor. there are other spells she wont casts too which can be used for junctioning but i cant remember what those are. Another advantage to angel wing is that to my knowledge her current hp doesnt effect her power, so you can use angel wing and bring her up to 100% health with no consequence, however if you try use renzouken at 100% health with aura your less likely to get lion heart.

Kyros
10-10-2009, 07:40 PM
I got lionheart every time once I got the ultimate weapon whether he was in yellow or max hp with aura. I wasn't aware it was based off of his hp or anything.

I forgot angel wing also maxed out her hp, which makes it even nicer :o

MJN SEIFER
10-10-2009, 09:45 PM
I tried out Angel Wing today against one of the Ruby Dragons at the Deep Sea Research Center - what a mistake that was! Rinoa kept casting Fira, Firaga and Tonado, all of which cure Ruby Dragons, so the fight went on for what seamed like an ice age. I'm not using that again, I don't like auto attacks that much (I never really used Vincent's limits in FFVII for example).

Kyros
10-10-2009, 10:16 PM
If you intend to use angel wing you're supposed to go mess with what magic she has stocked first so that kinda stuff doesn't happen =/

Wolf Kanno
10-11-2009, 06:54 AM
With the right spells and Junctions, this is a nasty Limit Break. Actually seeing Ultima, Flare, and Meteor do real damage is a wonderful feeling. :D

Markus. D
10-14-2009, 05:07 AM
Meteor + Angel Wing = Hideous amounts of damage.

TheSpoonyBard
10-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I think you're required to use it as her only limit for a little while (though I can't remember b/c it's been forever since I played the game, wanna replay through it again soon).
When you're on the Ragnarok.

1) I didn't know it boosted the crap out of Rinoa's magic stat to where it could go above the stat limit.
Yep, the damage is five times what it would normally be.

however if you try use renzouken at 100% health with aura your less likely to get lion heart.
Squall's HP only governs whether or not you get a finishing move. If you do, Lionheart always has a 25% chance of being chosen.

I got lionheart every time once I got the ultimate weapon whether he was in yellow or max hp with aura. I wasn't aware it was based off of his hp or anything.
You're very lucky as you should only be seeing it 1/4 of the time.