PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of FF: Dissidia

Tidusjnr
10-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Tell Me What You Think Of This Game ?:D:D:D:D:tongue:

Elly
10-11-2009, 04:31 PM
great game, i love the speed of its combat, but there's already a Dissidia subforum... http://forums.eyesonff.com/dissidia-final-fantasy/
on topic with this being in the FFVII Forums i've already beat Clouds Story, and unlocked Sephiroth and their Alternate Costumes, i prefer Cloud's Alternate...

Rantz
10-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Moved to the Dissidia forum. Carry on. :)

Markus. D
10-14-2009, 11:52 PM
It's an absolutely fantastic compilation of content and customisation.

black orb
10-15-2009, 09:50 PM
>>> Dissidia is a good start for a new fighting games franchise, they already tried something with Ergheiz but I think with Dissidia they are finally making it a reality *cross fingers*..

IXVI
10-16-2009, 12:31 AM
i've never exactly played it, and i've had mixed feelings. Some times it looks awsome, some times it looks...mediocre...finding out that the battle system isn't wifi kinda lowered my interest..and since my favorite characters aren't any of the ones that are playable, i'm not to sure what to think except, it's FF, it's by square, i might wanna try it out....also i don't have a psp, so yeah. I'd like to know what other people think of it.

FaithWontFall
10-23-2009, 12:36 AM
I like it. But Cecil drives me mad (sorry for his fans) he takes so long to attack because he has to say his bit first. Unless thats just my playing it all wrong, :).
Then again, i have actually only completed Cloud's part (it was the easiest one apparently :D)
Having not known many of the other FF charcters other than 7,8,9 and 10 i thought it was great that i can know get to know some of the other main characters from the first FF games. Go Firion!:)

Skyblade
10-23-2009, 12:57 AM
I like it. But Cecil drives me mad (sorry for his fans) he takes so long to attack because he has to say his bit first. Unless thats just my playing it all wrong, :).
Then again, i have actually only completed Cloud's part (it was the easiest one apparently :D)
Having not known many of the other FF charcters other than 7,8,9 and 10 i thought it was great that i can know get to know some of the other main characters from the first FF games. Go Firion!:)

No, I fully agree. Cecil's biggest weakness is that his HP attacks have extremely long setups, which gives the enemy plenty of time to see what's coming and avoid it.

Wolf Kanno
10-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Cecil's easiest HP setup is to combo his Dark Cannon with Dark Wave. There is just enough delay to get it off and since Dark Flame is homing and can go through solid objects (as well as up and down) he's got some flexibility. His Paladin HP attacks are difficult to pull off without comboing it with Searchlight first. Cecil is an opportunity character, just like Zidane and Tidus.

FaithWontFall
10-23-2009, 02:49 PM
I shall use what you say to try and play better. I do want to complete Cecil's part. Then i can enjoy Dissidia a bit more.
What's an opportunity character?:)

Skyblade
10-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Cecil's easiest HP setup is to combo his Dark Cannon with Dark Wave. There is just enough delay to get it off and since Dark Flame is homing and can go through solid objects (as well as up and down) he's got some flexibility. His Paladin HP attacks are difficult to pull off without comboing it with Searchlight first. Cecil is an opportunity character, just like Zidane and Tidus.

While I agree with the comparison with Tidus, Zidane is a completely different kind of character. He has Free Energy which is a very fast cast spell and can, in a lot of battles, simply be spammed to win. And he has 4 Brave attacks that combo directly into HP attacks. Zidane's HP attacks are far more plentiful, and far easier to use than Cecil's.

Wolf Kanno
10-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Glad to know, I haven't gotten him past level 30 so I was unaware he got chain moves.

Skyblade
10-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Chain attacks are unlocked by mastering the ability they chain from, not from levelling up (took me a while to realize that, 'cause I usually had levelled up when I learned them anyway).

But, yeah, most of Zidane's sword combo brave attacks chain into Meo Laser, and it gives him a very large number of HP attacks to choose from (9 total). There are 4 versions of Meo Laser, one for each attack that chains into it: Meo Laser A (ground), Meo Laser B (ground), Meo Laser A (aerial), and Meo Laser B (aerial). So, unfortunately, besides them all being the same move, you have to earn AP for them all separately.

Edea's-Ether
10-27-2009, 03:32 AM
I have to admit in the rating scale this is along the lines of Dirge of Cerberus.....a crappy game I bought because of my love for Final Fantasy...I did have high hopes of it being good but it hasnt rated that far.
The story line becomes rediculious when the charecters talk to each other Example " Its dangerous for you to go , you stay here i'll go"....
The leveling becomes monotonous as well as having to play threw they highly irking levels over and over again just to get the 100%.....
Its anoying fans, including myself, are supporting crappy games for the love of a series when we are duped with crappy story lines.
For me the Final Fantasy series has drastically gone downhill....
Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy XII
Dissidia......
I hope they start to get better but by buying the games myself im supporting poop....
Oh the cunundrum of a fanbase....
While being inovative in everything else...the story has suffered..
As for Dissidia the game is anoying but i patially like it do to it being part of my FF addiction=)

Darkwolf090
10-27-2009, 08:47 AM
I enjoyed this game but now the only time its really fun for me is vs another player. the AI is either way to easy or spams one move to win, either way it pisses me off.
Also Cecil, sad to say I was hoping to see him be a better char then he is. If you take him and compare him to his villain, Golbez, its just really one sided. Golbez is just a better char, imo, and his all his brave attacks but 2 chain into a hp attack what is just nasty, plus he can fight long range or far away. So really I love Cecil I really do he was my first level 100, but i dont play him anymore, just alot better chars in the game, my main is now Golbez infact so ya. Take what I say as you will.

black orb
10-27-2009, 11:13 PM
I have to admit in the rating scale this is along the lines of Dirge of Cerberus.....a crappy game I bought because of my love for Final Fantasy...I did have high hopes of it being good but it hasnt rated that far.
The story line becomes rediculious when the charecters talk to each other Example " Its dangerous for you to go , you stay here i'll go"....
The leveling becomes monotonous as well as having to play threw they highly irking levels over and over again just to get the 100%.....
Its anoying fans, including myself, are supporting crappy games for the love of a series when we are duped with crappy story lines.
Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy XII
Dissidia......
I hope they start to get better but by buying the games myself im supporting poop....
As for Dissidia the game is anoying but i patially like it do to it being part of my FF addiction=)

>>> Dissidia is a fighting game, not a rpg.. Are you a fan of fighting games?
I dont think so..

Fynn
10-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy XII
Dissidia......

You know what? You better rephrase that statement...

Skyblade
10-30-2009, 12:19 AM

You're right... I should. I didn't mean to say that the Enterprise should be hauling garbage. I meant to say that it should be hauled away as garbage.

Sorry, that quote just popped into my head as soon as I read your post. Personally, I think Dissidia is quite a decent step up from XII.

Fynn
10-30-2009, 11:45 PM

You're right... I should. I didn't mean to say that the Enterprise should be hauling garbage. I meant to say that it should be hauled away as garbage.

Sorry, that quote just popped into my head as soon as I read your post. Personally, I think Dissidia is quite a decent step up from XII.

You did NOT just say that...

leapyear29
01-07-2010, 09:44 AM
ithink the story is a bit loose and not memorable, but it is a fighting game so that's fine.. the graphics are great and you can play as all the heroes of the FF games.

Setzer the Gambler
01-07-2010, 01:02 PM
As a fan of Final Fantasy, I think that Dissidia was more of a nostalgic collective item then a game to be played. I mean, for those of you who have been with the Final Fantasy series since its beginning, I am sure you didn't mind experiencing 3D action with your favorite NES and SNES characters. Putting a voice on them also gave you that incredible satisfaction of knowing that these old characters were not left to rot in a drawer.
Dissidia was definetly made for those hardcore gamers that have followed the series since its beginning and I am glad Square made it.

nirojan
01-14-2010, 12:58 AM
enjoyable fighting game. The rpg elements were a nice touch to it and overall loved the character selection. Alll the extra content crammed on there (like weapons, items, voice data, alternate looks, etc.) adds hours of replayability and the online looks cool...too bad there's not alot of people on though!