PDA

View Full Version : Anime Expo 2010

NeoCracker
10-12-2009, 03:16 AM
So yeah, I'm uber excited. I've already started budgeting myself so that I can go to this 4 day con, and come back with a mass haul of goodies, as well as accomplish a couple other things before hand.

I'm going to have at least 3 different Cosplay's ready by then too, hopefully a fourth one.

First day I'm not sure what I'll have, it kind of depends on when they hold their Masquerade Ball. If it's like this years, it will be day 3. In which case my costumes shall go as follows.

Day 1 - Unknown
Day 2 - Jiro Mitchizuki (Black Blood Brothers)
Day 3 - Jiro Mitchizuki, before being turned. (A few minor tweaks and his outfit could easily fit perfectly into a formal Masquerade Ball.)
Day 4 - Kenzo Tenma. (Monster)

I'll need a pretty drastic hair cut for Kenzo, yet I need really long hair for Jiro.

I'm going to dye my hair black shortly before the Con, and look into what I can do with extensions so that I may pull off both Jiro and Kenzo without a problem with my hair. However, I'd rather have about 3 days worth of stubble for Kenzo, cause I don't think my whiskers grow fast enough to pull it off in a day, since I need to be clean shaven for Jiro, and the Ball tends to be at night, so i might end up a whisker less Kenzo. :(

Well, it's not until July next year though, so I have plenty of time to get ready.

So, thoughts on Cons? What are your experiences with them? Plan on going to any?

This will be my first one, and if my source for costumes works out, I'll be a very happy beaver. ^_^

Markus. D
10-12-2009, 03:47 AM
So, thoughts on Cons?
More engaging than any club or moshpit ever.

What are your experiences with them?
Apart from all the interesting reasonably priced awesomeness you can buy?... THE AMAZING COSPLAYERS!

Plan on going to any?
2010 is the first year I'm funding a group cosplay, Sewing/Tailoring 3+ (hopefully it remains 3...) costumes and mildly altering a pre-bought Sebastian Michaelis Tux (as buying a new suit to tailor is about the same price and requires more effort...).
Unfortuanetly uni has taken a turn and I might not make it to Comicon as planned, but who knows~ (still got a lot in Australia)

Taquadris
10-12-2009, 10:11 AM
OMGOODNESS YOURE SO DANG LUCKY, I myself plan on going to sakuracon 2010. but i need the MONEY

Psychotic
10-12-2009, 04:06 PM
You could go as an egg. Lots of people like eggs.

Jessweeee♪
10-12-2009, 08:00 PM
I was just at Realmscon about a week ago. My friends and I were gonna do a group Persona 4 cosplay, but we're all jobless so we don't have the money for it. One of them still got to go as Dojima, though xD

Aerith's Knight
10-12-2009, 09:57 PM
You could go as an egg. Lots of people like eggs.

I like them easy.. I mean over easy. :shifty:

Jojee
10-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Oh, you. I've been to one con, Madison's Geek.Kon - three or four years ago, when they first started. I actually knew the people that started the con. :O It was really small though, and in the basement of the humanities building on campus which is a terrible place. Didn't impress me much at all. :x There were a few cool costumes, and I guess you can't expect much more from a 1st year event, mm?

Anyway, upon reminiscing I decided to check up on how Geek.kon as doing~

Welcome to Geek.Kon! (http://geekkon.net/)

Apparently it's Oct 23-25, which is next weekend. xD If I cared enough I could totally make it up there, maybe they've gotten their act together more after 3 years. And I have nothing to do that weekend. Buuut... I probably won't because I'm too lazy. :p

Markus. D
10-12-2009, 11:42 PM
OMGOODNESS YOURE SO DANG LUCKY, I myself plan on going to sakuracon 2010. but i need the MONEY

I replaced videogames with 2010 cosplay :[...

The four pairs of theatrical contact lens (http://02a5349.netsolstores.com/nightstalker.aspx) (This doesn't include the US $65 Shipping cost...) I'm ordering are costing me an absolute fortune for the group cosplay I'm funding (Thankfully not sewing or anything for this, geez I'd go insane if I had anymore than Green Jester, Mine and My sister's Volturi gettups, RitsYunaJorablahblahetc).

Mogi
10-13-2009, 12:07 AM
I've been to Momocon in Atlanta twice. It was really fun the first time, but it's free, so the second time I went it was way crowded and the line to register wrapped all throughout the building, outside, and then back inside and through the building again. We were seriously in line for four hours. So it kinda sucked.
P:

Acciocon this year, in Orlando, was freaking awesome, and it was really neat because I was on staff because I knew the director. I got to stay for free, go to all of the events, and all kinds of stuff, and all I had to do in return was dress up like Sirius Black and look pretty. It was really fun, but Acciocon discontinued because the director moved.
;_;