PDA

View Full Version : Dance for me!

Carl the Llama
10-14-2009, 04:20 PM
I have been wondering for ages now if the dancers hold any reason for being in the game?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-14-2009, 04:33 PM
They're lovely, of course.

IXVI
10-14-2009, 05:40 PM
entertainment, relieving to some, realism, idk. it's funny to me.

Flying Mullet
10-14-2009, 06:27 PM
The dancer's are a symbol of the inner light in Golbez, fighting to get free, dancing off the inside of his dark armor as he feels trapped and helpless and yearns for the happiness and elation that freedom brings.

theundeadhero
10-14-2009, 07:24 PM
So you can moan in agony or pleasure as you have to sit there and wait for them to finish their dance.

Flying Mullet
10-14-2009, 07:29 PM
When did the puff-puff girls first show up in the Dragon Quest series?

IXVI
10-15-2009, 05:55 AM
The dancer's are a symbol of the inner light in Golbez, fighting to get free, dancing off the inside of his dark armor as he feels trapped and helpless and yearns for the happiness and elation that freedom brings. Well....That about sums it up...Well than.....:mario: Moving on to the next question, Why is party swap ONLY available in the GBA version of the game? :mad:..

Carl the Llama
10-15-2009, 12:02 PM
I would hazzard a guess to make it easyer for the player as GBA is generally a kiddy console and they might think that kids of 8y/o wouldnt be able to handle the pressure?

Wolf Kanno
10-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Kiddy console my ass, the GBA is a portable SNES, quite possibly the greatest console system ever made! :colbert:

I like watching the dancers cause they were fun and I'm a total perv... "Yeah baby! Show me those badly aged 16-bit curves! Flaunt woo-hoo!";)

Calarandir
10-16-2009, 11:03 PM
I think Party Swap was in GBA and not SNES because on the SNES they had more of an incentive to focus entirely on the story to improve the game, as in my opinion having the original final party, boy that sounds weird, makes more sense story-wise. However on the GBA added features would be more effective to make people want to buy it.

IXVI
10-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Kiddy console my ass, the GBA is a portable SNES, quite possibly the greatest console system ever made! :colbert:

I like watching the dancers cause they were fun and I'm a total perv... "Yeah baby! Show me those badly aged 16-bit curves! Flaunt woo-hoo!";)

HAHAHA, HOT. if you wanna see badly 8-bit curves, play "Custards revenge" for the atari and other various sexual themed games. Yes, atari DID have games based on raping and naked women. I have PROOF..besides the episode of AVG(Angry Vidya Game Nerd..)...Back on subject, I was pissed that there was no party swap. I would of had Cid, Rydia, Edge and ...Kayne I guess..OH YEAH THERE'S 5 PEOPLE in your party, last would be uh.....hmmm....err....Rosa, cause she heals, and has holy and all that useful white magic Don't go around the swear filter ~hero

Wolf Kanno
10-17-2009, 05:41 AM
Party swap is a double edged sword in the GBA game though. In order to make it fair for the flimsy characters that left your party to stand a chance in the final dungeon they really had to nerf the difficulty. Even the optional dungeons are pretty easy.

Besides, the DS version fixed my main problem with your final party by actually making a Edge an awesome character (omg! he can actually dodge and hurt things now!!!! :Eek: ). I feel the final party works better for story purposes cause all of them were present when the real revelations about events happened. Besides, with the exception of Palom and Porom, the other characters were technically still injured.

Calarandir
10-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Arguably Palom and Porom could be a bit worse for wear after being turned to stone for a bit. How did you not find Edge useful? Mine did nearly as much damage as Cecil and was twice as fast!

IXVI
10-21-2009, 04:42 AM
Ehhh, for me, Edge was good I do admit. BUT!..Buuuut!...His defense is kinda...iffy...I still would rather have party swap..Ixvin (I named Cid) for edge.

Vermachtnis
10-21-2009, 04:48 AM
Storming the moon with Cecil, Rydia, Rosa, Palom, and Porom was not my brightest idea.

black orb
10-23-2009, 08:49 PM
I have been wondering for ages now if the dancers hold any reason for being in the game?
>>> They were necessary for that "Court of Kings" scene..

Skyblade
10-23-2009, 11:04 PM

Quoted for truth.

I liked the dancers, just because it added a little color to the world.