PDA

View Full Version : Serah and Cockstralian-Accented Chick Might Be Playable! Sazh's Summon's Not Ifrit!

Laddy
10-15-2009, 03:24 AM
I suck at getting articles, could you guys get a better one for me? ;D (http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-1363573)

Apparently, Kitase hinted that Serah and the black-haired Cockstralian l'Cie, named Oerba Yun Fang, might be playable. Although the article mentions only Yun Fang, others mentioned Vanille as playable.

Oh, and Sazh's summon is not Ifrit, but has another name. Read the article for more.

NeoCracker
10-15-2009, 04:05 AM
I suck at getting articles, could you guys get a better one for me? ;D (http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-1363573)

Apparently, Kitase hinted that Serah and the black-haired Cockstralian l'Cie, named Oerba Yun Fang, might be playable. Although the article mentions only Yun Fang, others mentioned Vanille as playable.

Oh, and Sazh's summon is not Ifrit, but has another name. Read the article for more.

That was a pretty crappily written article. MYSTERIOUS!

Anyway, the few tidbits of info were interesting, though I'm not sure hjow much credibility to give the article. MYSTERIOUS!

Jiro
10-15-2009, 02:10 PM
What the heck does Cockstralian mean? I don't like how it almost looks like Australian. :nonono:

Formalhaut
10-15-2009, 03:50 PM
OOOOO Jiro's Riled! What Will Happen Next!?

On Another Note, Why Trust "Yahoo"? If I had To pick any website for Info For FFXIII, Yahoo Is The Last Place Id Look For...

I can just imagine A Yahoo Representative At the Tokyo Game Show...

Jiro
10-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Don't the "mainstream" news sources just steal updates from video game news sites anyway? :p

Laddy
10-15-2009, 07:03 PM
What the heck does Cockstralian mean? I don't like how it almost looks like Australian. :nonono:
Cockney-Australian. A bad attempt at Australian that comes off as a bad attempt at Cockeny, amazingly, at the same time.

Calarandir
10-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Don't the "mainstream" news sources just steal updates from video game news sites anyway? :p

Either that or they'll get it horribly wrong...

How many more playable characters are going to be announced? They seem to be announcing new characters and then not giving any more information other than their names, the fact that they're L'Cie as well and their weapon. I'm probably being a bit hopefully expecting more yet at least with some of the earlier characters we had a vague idea of their personalities.

Jiro
10-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Cockney-Australian. A bad attempt at Australian that comes off as a bad attempt at Cockeny, amazingly, at the same time.

That makes sense. Is it a talent to fail at two accents at the same time? xD

Wolf Kanno
10-18-2009, 07:20 PM
I must say, I'm REALLY disappointed with how Bahamut looks (http://www.siliconera.com/2009/10/14/meet-final-fantasy-xiiis-bahamut/)...

He seems really underwhelming compared to the other summons. Brunhilde almost looks better and he's a Transformer reject. :p

You would think Alexander would make an appearance since he's one of the few summons that is mechanical to begin with but I guess that would be too easy.

Jiro
10-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Bahamut is a let down. He's supposed to be so badass that we wet our pants. :(

Loony BoB
10-19-2009, 11:29 AM
How many more playable characters are going to be announced? They seem to be announcing new characters and then not giving any more information other than their names, the fact that they're L'Cie as well and their weapon. I'm probably being a bit hopefully expecting more yet at least with some of the earlier characters we had a vague idea of their personalities.
Personally speaking, I prefer to find out about their personalities while playing the game. I mean, some people define Yuffie as bubbly and cute, some people define her as outright annoying. I don't think people should be quick to label the game's characters, but rather play it and then label that end of things.

Formalhaut
10-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Bahamut does look I bit wimpy... I hope his drive mode is like uber powerful.

and I also support the idea of a Alexander type being. Its been awhile since we had him in FFVIII.

Calarandir
10-20-2009, 11:38 PM

and I also support the idea of a Alexander type being. Its been awhile since we had him in FFVIII.

I don't really want him to overpowered, as it would make the game unbalanced, if one person's summon was more powerful than everyone elses. Bahamut is great when he's overpowered and you get him in the end game, though if everyone has only one summon, chances are you'll be getting them all at roughly the same time. Thus they should really all be of equal power.

Skyblade
10-27-2009, 04:45 PM

I don't really want him to overpowered, as it would make the game unbalanced, if one person's summon was more powerful than everyone elses. Bahamut is great when he's overpowered and you get him in the end game, though if everyone has only one summon, chances are you'll be getting them all at roughly the same time. Thus they should really all be of equal power.

Not necessarily. Each summon is unlocked as a l'Cie strengthens their powers. Since each one is tied to an individual, you may very well unlock different ones and different times, as each character reaches the point in their development that allows them to wield their summon. Most likely each summon will also grow in strength as the l'Cie does (that trend has been working fairly well in the later FFs, and I expect it to continue), so the power-balance is not exactly a problem. The key is to keep each character's summon evenly balanced so that players don't feel forced to use a character just because they're so much more powerful than the others.

As to the comment on Bahamut, I think he was saying that he was hoping that Bahamut has an excellent drive mode, not that he be overpowered in all ways. Bahamut may have a weak and puny-looking main form, but counter that with a more powerful drive mode. I doubt it will happen, though, it looks like they just dropped the ball on Bahamut. They really need to get back to Bahamut being a dragon.

And Alexander would be awesome. He's always been a cool summon, and we never get enough of him.

As a side note, I wonder if FFXIII is going to force party changes on you the way FFIV did. It would shift the summons and the balance between them around if characters left and entered your party at times. Also, if not all l'Cie are part of the main party, is it possible we'll get guest characters who can use their own summons?