PDA

View Full Version : god damn Magic pot!

Xardrick
10-15-2009, 01:24 PM
WTF is with magic pots??
can't i kill them until i give them an Elixir??
is there any other way to kill them??

Jiro
10-15-2009, 01:29 PM
You might be able to with KoTR. Maybe.

Karifean
10-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Magic pots are invulnerable to physical AND magical attacks (every kind of damage, therefore) until they receive an elixir. they are immune to Death. The ONLY thing that could actually kill a magic pot without giving it an elixir would be Cait Sith's "Game Over" Limit Break. It ignores status defense and inflicts Death, so it will always kill everything.

By the way, there are only two actions a magic pot can use, and they are Steal (Real Name: Gimme!) and Escape (Real Name: (Report)). "Gimme!" is used with a 25% chance (1/4) as a counter, same with "(Report)", but that only has a 6.25% chance (1/16), but both are only used, if the pot hasn't received an Elixir yet. Magic pots are probably the best enemies to use for the "Super W-Item Trick". And you will always receive a turbo ether, 8000 EXP, 1000 AP and 8500 GIL from Magic Pots.

I hope that's enough of information on magic pots for now...

Flying Mullet
10-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Magic pots are probably the best enemies to use for the "Super W-Item Trick". And you will always receive a turbo ether, 8000 EXP, 1000 AP and 8500 GIL from Magic Pots.
Absolutely. Once you learn of the W-Item duplicate item trick, Magic Pots go from being at the top of your "Most Hated Enemy" list to the top of your "Most Loved Enemy" list, right next to the Mover.

Jiro
10-15-2009, 02:47 PM
That way you can both have all the Elixirs you could want.

seiferalmasy2
10-15-2009, 03:30 PM
and make sure you don't hit them without elixir, they can steal your best weapons, even the ultima weapon if it isn't equipped.

You should have known how to kill them really, they cry out "gimme elixir!"

Karifean
10-15-2009, 03:40 PM
@seiferalmasy2: his question was actually, whether there is another way besides giving it an elixir^^

@others: i've got a feeling that you're confusing "W-Item Trick" with "Super W-Item Trick". With the latter you can duplicate any item that shows up in "Item"-Command including Mystile, Ultimate Weapon, XX Sources, Zeidrich, Tough Ring, ..........

seiferalmasy2
10-15-2009, 03:43 PM
ah yes, my apologies.

I personally do not like the W-item trick. I think it is a lazy escape, and elixirs can be stolen from the master tonberry of the same place.

Flying Mullet
10-15-2009, 03:53 PM
@others: i've got a feeling that you're confusing "W-Item Trick" with "Super W-Item Trick". With the latter you can duplicate any item that shows up in "Item"-Command including Mystile, Ultimate Weapon, XX Sources, Zeidrich, Tough Ring, ..........
I'm not familiar with the Super W-Item trick. Do share. :D

Karifean
10-15-2009, 04:25 PM
okay, here goes...

first of all, there are actually 3 different types of Super W-Item Trick. The first one is the "Steal-Trick", the second the "Morph-Trick" and the third the "Be-Stolen-Trick". They all work with one fact: "When you use the first of the 2 items in W-Item and another item suddenly appears on its now empty slot - you must have only had it once - this will be the item that is going to be duplicated." While Steal and Morph tricks are quite easy to do, Be-Stolen trick is a real pain in the ass (and it's the only way to duplicate important things). To specify:

Steal-Trick

What is it good for: You can steal an item from an enemy - and instantly duplicate it, whether it is usable in-battle or not.
Requirements: W-Item and Steal materia, equipped to different chars. 1 of one in-battle-usable item, I suggest Potion. The enemy of whom you want to duplicate the stolen item encountered in-battle. And finally: 0 of the item you want to have duplicated - equipment count can be reduced to 0 from maximum of 8 by equipping.
What to do?
You'll have to do it quickly. Before battle, put the 1 Potion in your very first item slot. Now enter battle and find the enemy. Now order one char to steal from the enemy (best put him in Stop-status to prevent Steal from missing too often). While he does that, quickly open up W-Item menu with the second char and use the Potion on any person or enemy in the battle. If the char has stolen successfully and the Potion was used fast enough, the stolen item should now be in the exact slot where the Potion was. Now put the cursor on any other usable item. Now continue like normally in W-Item-Trick, press ACTION (Circle), then CANCEL (X) to receive the stolen item. Too bad you can't receive W-Item materia before fighting the Turks for the last time. :mad:

Morph Trick

What is it good for: Same as Steal, but with Morph. Especially used for duplicating luck, defense and speed sources from Gelnika or Mideel.
-Everything else is exactly the same as the Steal-Trick. It won't work with enemies which are alone in the battle, as the battle ends when morphing them.

Be-Stolen Trick

The most complicated of those, I wouldn't have noticed without help.
What is it good for: Duplicating ANY item that can be seen in item menu!
Requirements: W-Item-Materia and 1 of an item usable in-battle, preferably Potion again. And finally: Only ONE of the duplicated item in the item menu - the count of equipment can be reduced up to 8 by equipping.
What to do?
Well, this is mostly based on luck. First, put Potion in the first item slot, then encounter -TWO- Magic Pots. You can also encounter thieves, but magic pots are the best enemies for this. First, hit one of the pots until he steals an item from you - you'll have to be a bit lucky as he can also escape from battle instead. When he did, the stolen item should now be removed from the item list. if so, give the pot an elixir. If you're sure that you will kill the pot with the next attack, attack him. At the same time, use the Potion on anyone in the battle. What will happen? You will get the stolen item back - and it's on the potion's slot. You know what to do, go and duplicate that item!!! (You need 2 pots since else, the battle would end after killing the one magic pot. Never touch the second pot during the process, though!)
The Cons of this: You will have to have extreme luck and patience to have the pot steal exactly the item you want him to, as it can be ANY item of the item list. I wonder... even tissue or masamune or the other unusable items? Second, as said, magic pot has also a 1/16 chance of escaping the battle when attacked before having got an elixir. The odds are very low, but it will probably happen some times before he steals the item you want him to. You better only let him steal 1 item per battle.

I hope that helped^^

Flying Mullet
10-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Yes, that is very helpful information. Thanks! :)

Xardrick
10-15-2009, 08:21 PM
thanx for all info :)
I was in a fight without elixir and Super W-Item Trick, and i didn't have any saves before this magic pots, so i figured my only option was to run :p so I ran. lol Now i am in final battle against Sephiroth, its hard :mad2: