PDA

View Full Version : Santa's making a list

Peegee
10-15-2009, 06:45 PM
And he needs your help. If you are a friend of PG, and have only known me for 5 years (to the day; I'm sure the margin of error is sufficient to not matter), could you post in this thread saying so, or PM me if for some reason you want to remain anon (you won't remain anon btw)

If you for some reason managed to know PG prior to 5 years (to the day), feel free to tell me so / remind me. It would be nice to have a second list, but I'm really just after the first list.

The topic, since EoFF isn't /b/ isn't what these lists are for. That's a surprise. Instead, I'd like to know if you mentally categorize your friends in lists. Not 'good friends' or 'females I'd like to sex' but just misc lists.

On facebook I have my friends categorized by certain parameters. For example by location, by eoff, by work, by internet...

It's pretty useful when I want to purge friends.

theundeadhero
10-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Just over five years, I guess.

I categorize facebook and IM people but that's about it.

Yar
10-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Well there are:

Close Friends
Friends
Acquaintances
Internet Acquaintances and...
Frenemies

8)

Peegee
10-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Well there are:

Close Friends
Friends
Acquaintances
Internet Acquaintances and...
Frenemies

8)

You're going on my list.

Just to save some people time I recall the following. I'm also drunk:

Joy
Kaycee
Yar
Araciel
Chemical
Shiny
Sagensyg
Cz (I think)
Stu
Vaern
enano
mindflare
Alisu
Blue Harvey
Celes (?)
Rubah (I don't think so but it's possible)
Cpt Maxx Power
Harlequin
Justin (Momiji)
Zach (Ouch, and I only think so)
Jiro
Shauna
Danielle, but not DanBoB

If you should be on the list you aren't on msn unless I missed you.

The ones I put a question mark on I'm not 100% sure

whee

Shauna
10-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Fairly sure I've known you for less than 5 years. :P

And I categorise my friends into groups, depending on where I met them. "EoFF", "School", etc. :D

KentaRawr!
10-15-2009, 07:52 PM
I don't think I've known you for 5 years. I've certainly known about you for 5 or so years, but I don't think I've really known you for 5 years.

Peegee
10-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Fairly sure I've known you for less than 5 years. :P

And I categorise my friends into groups, depending on where I met them. "EoFF", "School", etc. :D

Oh yeah. Shauna, Danielle...brain hurts from alcohol...

neotifa comes to mind
I forget. I'll add to the list.

Thanks guys!

Madonna
10-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Pureghetto, I have known of you for more than five years; we have not become friends in that span of time! I wonder if I even edge into your awareness!

I love lists, groupings, and the trappings thereof! "Oh, do not categorize others," is silly once one realizes one does it all the time, but with whom do you associate and who is that you actively avoid or turn down for socialization?! Even if you have not a written/typed/memorized list, there is always one which actively pops up to deal with immediate people!

I categorize people by similar parameters as Pureghetto; "confidence" is one I do not see mentioned, but it is one I diligently apply beyond initial rankings! I think the normal titles applied are boring, so often my lists look akin to this:

http://akusui.net/_lynxoma/not-one-breathing-soul-around.png

Good luck with ever ranking as a Gun in a Cheap Suit!

Quindiana Jones
10-15-2009, 10:32 PM
I haven't been Harle-Quin for a year now, you drunkard! xD

theundeadhero
10-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Take it easy Harle.

Quindiana Jones
10-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Gragh!

Shattered Dreamer
10-15-2009, 11:07 PM
I don't believe we've been formally introduced Pureghetto:p

Leeza
10-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Internet-wise, I have known you for about 9 years. IRL-wise, it would be around two years. :cat:

Aerith's Knight
10-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Drinking friends
Real friends
Girls friends have dated/are dating
Potential girfriends
Sure thing for one night stand, but too many complications.
Sure thing. (ex-girlfriends)

Jojee
10-16-2009, 12:14 AM
I dunno, I tried categorizing my facebook friends by location a while back but I spent forever on the list and then it was like TIMED OUT or some shiet so I was like I hate my life and quit. xD

I've known you for a long time, yeah. Have no idea how many years.

Raistlin
10-16-2009, 03:11 AM
I've definitely known you for more than 5 years, since we've both been around EoFF for much longer.

Shlup
10-16-2009, 03:24 AM
I don't pay attention to time, but my wedding was over three years ago so there's at least that. You're coming out for Ashley's wedding, right??

My Facebook friends are just categorized as Family, Old People, or left uncategorized. I only have a couple EoFFers as Facebook friends so I don't have that category, and qualifying people by level of friend seems odd.

rubah
10-16-2009, 04:14 AM
my IM contacts lists sorts everyone by where I know them from unless they're people I like to talk to, then they can be in the 'friends' group and people I talk to almost constantly are 'Good Kids'

Peegee
10-16-2009, 04:36 AM
I don't pay attention to time, but my wedding was over three years ago so there's at least that. You're coming out for Ashley's wedding, right??

My Facebook friends are just categorized as Family, Old People, or left uncategorized. I only have a couple EoFFers as Facebook friends so I don't have that category, and qualifying people by level of friend seems odd.

I can't make it for Ashley's wedding because I just transferred to a new jerb. Also no monies to travel faster than a bus anyway, or I would.

This list thingie is coming along very well. I might wuss out and not reveal the point (it won't be in eoff anyway) though. Or maybe I will. Reverse birthday present.