PDA

View Full Version : The Fall Of Halloween

Formalhaut
10-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Anyone else noticed that Halloween is not that big now anymore? That's a shame because I love Halloween, but I think compared to Christmas which is quite nearby Halloween is almost overlooked.

*Sigh*

Voice Your thoughts!

IXVI
10-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Ehhhh I used to do halloween....than, due to personal beliefs I quit all holidays for one reason or another. I'm hardly "christian/catholic" so that's not why i don't do halloween, or any past trauma. I don't celebrate any holiday...I guess my birthday or my girlfriends...or other peoples...if that counts..probably not..

Del Murder
10-16-2009, 05:04 PM
In my adult life I have never been that much into it but I bet for kids it's still exciting to dress up and stuff.

Bunny
10-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Halloween is retarded.

Jessweeee♪
10-16-2009, 05:38 PM
This might be my first year not trick-or-treating ;_;

It's really neat 'cause we always get the last of everyone's candy because all of the kids are gone when it's late.

Marshall Banana
10-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Halloween and Christmas are my favorite holidays! October through December is my favorite time of year!

Maybe I'll have more opportunities to dress up and do things for Halloween once I move to California.

Christmas merchandise is already sneaking in.

Flying Mullet
10-16-2009, 06:13 PM
It's still a big deal, you're just an old fart now.

Welcome to the club!

Freya
10-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Well when you're little you're all excited and you want candy and you dress like this.

http://halloweenwitchcostumes.net/images/38391.jpg

But when your older it has turned not into candy and scary things but who can look like the biggest whore. But it's ok! Everyone is looking like a whore! The one holiday you can dress skanky and get away with it.

http://www.nexternal.com/masquerade/images/19910-m.jpg

I guess you're just not into the skanky dressing and partying so then yeah, it wouldn't be as fun. :P

Flying Mullet
10-16-2009, 06:39 PM
The one holiday you can dress skanky and get away with it.
Damn straight! I love my halter-top Halloweens. No one looks at me funny.

theundeadhero
10-16-2009, 07:27 PM
I can't figure out just what the fuck is with that flamingo.

Marshall Banana
10-16-2009, 07:50 PM
I can't figure out just what the smurf is with that flamingo.
There's a scene in Alice in Wonderland in which Alice and the Queen of Hearts play a game using flamingos.

theundeadhero
10-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I would have never guessed that's what the costume was from.

NorthernChaosGod
10-16-2009, 08:07 PM
If anything, Halloween is an even bigger deal now than any prior point in my life. UCSB Halloweens are insane. :D

Vermachtnis
10-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Halloween is awesome. But it is overshadowed Christmas. People are already putting up house decorations for it. I've seen maybe 2 giant inflatable pumkins on people's lawns, but light up pine trees on walls are all over the place.

Flying Mullet
10-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I think I'm going to become a modern-day Robin Hood of sorts and my deeds will be headlines in newspapers as I steal all Christmas decorations put up before Thanksgiving and then return them the day after Thanksgiving.

Quindiana Jones
10-16-2009, 08:39 PM
I would have never guessed that's what the costume was from.

Oddly enough, the flamingo was the only thing that gave it away for me!

Halloween is still the same, it's just we're older. People don't give sweets to adults, because they're dicks. :(

Formalhaut
10-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Im Only 14! It not as if Im getting old. Ok 14 is old but im not 30 or such and such.

The Main problem is that it is overshadowed by Xmas. In England I recieived the first of many of those Xmas Magazines with various bits of clothing and inflatables, you know the sort.

I feel Halloween is just a one day gimmick. No one celebrates it, in fact the most people might do if they are really outgoing is go to the pub or if they are off the chart outgoing perhaps put on a Witch Hat for a hour...

*Sigh* If I was rich my house would be visible from space.

LunarWeaver
10-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Halloween ain't so bad and all. For adults it usually goes from candy hunting to parties. Unless they have children and must walk around with them like suckers. :moo: Or you're a sucker like me and do neither.

But yeah, it's getting more overshadowed by Christmas. It's the big holiday and :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Jowy
10-16-2009, 09:50 PM
I miss getting drunk at my friend's house and playing beer pong for hours until we flood the basement or someone pukes in the dryer.

Madonna
10-16-2009, 10:31 PM
I blame all the stories of people hiding razor blades in apples, injecting drugs into damaged wrapped candy, needles in popcorn balls, and basically anything else the media likes to scare the public about and give bad people ideas!

I am turning my front yard into a graveyard and going to hide in a coffin to scare bypassers! Also, candy; I will hand it out to all those whose pacemakers have not gone out! Oh, and children get candy too, I suppose!

Jess
10-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Halloween just isn't as fun for most people as they get older.

I pretty much live in the middle of no-where, and have lived here for 14 years. I always liked Halloween but with very little houses around where I live, I did little trick-or-treating, and now we get barely any trick-or-treaters coming to our door. I used to always enjoy carving the pumpkin with my mum, though. :jess:

Now, I usually just watch a couple of horror films.

I'm looking forward to this Halloween, though. I'm going to a fancy-dress party. I've been looking for a costume that is atleast a little Halloween orientated (as I fail to see how Alice in Wonderland or the Queen of Hearts fall into the category, but that might just be me!) that isn't a witch/devil/vampire or ghost.

So far, I've found this: Miss Voorhees Costume (http://www.joke.co.uk/fancy_dress/adult_licensed_sexy_miss_voorhees_costume~90107.html) but if I get this I plan to wear a top under the dress, because unlike the model, I don't want my boobies to fall out of the dress.

If I don't find a new costume, I already own this (http://www.joke.co.uk/fancy_dress/adult_tina_the_target_halloween_costume~24641.html) from another fancy dress party, and I'll just add some more blood, I spose.

Marshall Banana
10-16-2009, 11:56 PM
I want to be a bee girl (not a "sexy" bee girl)! Or Pikachu! Or a samurai! Or a panda! Or a pumpkin girl! Or a fat strawberry girl!

URRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

NorthernChaosGod
10-17-2009, 06:57 AM
I think I'm going to become a modern-day Robin Hood of sorts and my deeds will be headlines in newspapers as I steal all Christmas decorations put up before Thanksgiving and then return them the day after Thanksgiving.

I approve of this.

Laddy
10-17-2009, 07:53 AM
I don't think it's dying.

But then again, I live in the sticks, and people finally figured this "Halloween-thing" might not be Satan Day after all and have been giving it a try.

Iceglow
10-17-2009, 10:21 AM
So far, I've found this: Miss Voorhees Costume (http://www.joke.co.uk/fancy_dress/adult_licensed_sexy_miss_voorhees_costume~90107.html)

I approve.

but if I get this I plan to wear a top under the dress, because unlike the model, I don't want my boobies to fall out of the dress.

I disapprove, simply use double sided sticky tape or something to keep it from falling off the entire idea of that outfit is to look sexy and slutty, you have the boobs now show em off a little.

If I don't find a new costume, I already own this (http://www.joke.co.uk/fancy_dress/adult_tina_the_target_halloween_costume~24641.html) from another fancy dress party, and I'll just add some more blood, I spose.

That'd be awesome for a zombie outfit.

For work this year we're having a fancy dress/day/halloween party the day being in aid of CLIC Sargeant a charity HMV does a lot of work for and donates to regulary. I suggested that the entire store turns up dressed as zombies for social satire however being the sickening man I am I wanna do proper movie style zombie outfit with the blood all dribbling out of my mouth and caked up my arms and on my clothes. Though I considered getting a hmv pure card t-shirt (they're white) and making myself a zombie hmv staff member. Bloody handprints on the shirt as well. In fact that reminds me I promised I'd message Tsukasa about getting some advice for friends of mine who wanted to do the same thing.

Agrias
10-17-2009, 10:21 AM
OOOOO i love halloweeeeeen!!!! :D
This is a sneak peak at what i'm going to be. The costume is made by myself, so i'm really proud of it. I cant wait to wear it and take more pics!!
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/Agrias_Oaks/3.jpg

Freya
10-17-2009, 07:07 PM
EEE I has to see all of it! :O

Shauna
10-17-2009, 09:58 PM
My friend thoroughly loves Halloween, so her general excitement gets me riled up for it too. But, Halloween still seems like a pretty big thing here. People still go out, and us older people go out to parties and get drunk. At the Student Unions they have stuff going on. So, I don't really think Halloween is becoming less celebrated. xP

Moon Rabbits
10-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Hallowe'en dying? False! I'm going to a block party Hallowe'en night - I'ma go see me some drag queens perform the Beautiful People by Manson.

edit:
Im Only 14! It not as if Im getting old. Ok 14 is old Sorry, it's not. Not at all. You are still a little babersonnnnnnn with innocence and stuff.

Jess
10-18-2009, 12:47 AM
but if I get this I plan to wear a top under the dress, because unlike the model, I don't want my boobies to fall out of the dress.

I disapprove, simply use double sided sticky tape or something to keep it from falling off the entire idea of that outfit is to look sexy and slutty, you have the boobs now show em off a little.

It can be 'sexy' without my boobies falling out by wearing a top under it. I don't really want to look slutty.

Shauna
10-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Not looking slutty is always a positive. :thumb:

My boyfriend was trying to get me to get some sexy Halloween costume, but I refused on the ground of not looking like a slut. He wasn't happy about it. xP

Iceglow
10-19-2009, 03:10 AM

It can be 'sexy' without my boobies falling out by wearing a top under it. I don't really want to look slutty.

I'm disapproving more because a top underneath might not look good as an outfit that is (I'm surprisingly not thinking with whats between my legs atm, I used to work in womens clothing so I kinda view women's clothing with an objective and critical eye more like most girls gay best friend than a straight guy) it conflicts too much with the idea of the outfit to begin with. IDK, I personally think wearing something designed to be that revealing/teasing with another top underneath kinda defeats the objective of the outfit in the first place. Even were it my girlfriend (who lets face it, I am possessive about when it comes to other guys perving over, what guy isn't?) wearing that outfit, if she had a top on underneath I'd be like; "Well what the hell is the point of the outfit in the first place? Use double sided tape and lose the under top" Then again I see nothing to be ashamed/shy about when you've got decent looks, if you got it flaunt it. In the end it becomes your choice. I just think that the wearing of an top underneath is going to 1) ruin the look of the outfit from a viewing point and also probably (considering the tightness on the model image) the fit of the outfit and 2) make you look like you're not comfortable with yourself. If you're not comfortable wearing something how it's meant to be worn then what would be the point of wearing it at all?

Tavrobel
10-19-2009, 03:57 AM
You know, the best day to buy Halloween candy is actually November 1st.

You know, when you're an adult, isn't it easier just to dress up to cosplay anyways? Who needs the excuse anymore?

Old Manus
10-19-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm disapproving more because a top underneath might not look good as an outfit that is (I'm surprisingly not thinking with whats between my legs atm, I used to work in womens clothing so I kinda view women's clothing with an objective and critical eye more like most girls gay best friend than a straight guy) it conflicts too much with the idea of the outfit to begin with. IDK, I personally think wearing something designed to be that revealing/teasing with another top underneath kinda defeats the objective of the outfit in the first place. Even were it my girlfriend (who lets face it, I am possessive about when it comes to other guys perving over, what guy isn't?) wearing that outfit, if she had a top on underneath I'd be like; "Well what the hell is the point of the outfit in the first place? Use double sided tape and lose the under top" Then again I see nothing to be ashamed/shy about when you've got decent looks, if you got it flaunt it. In the end it becomes your choice. I just think that the wearing of an top underneath is going to 1) ruin the look of the outfit from a viewing point and also probably (considering the tightness on the model image) the fit of the outfit and 2) make you look like you're not comfortable with yourself. If you're not comfortable wearing something how it's meant to be worn then what would be the point of wearing it at all?This is why I love EoFF.

scrumpleberry
10-19-2009, 04:37 PM
oh my god she can wear her damn costume how she wants to :lol: Wearing a top under that doesn't make her INSECURE or a prude or anything.

KentaRawr!
10-19-2009, 05:16 PM
I'll only go trick or treating if some friends of mine are going, too. Otherwise, I'll be the mad scientist handing out candeh.

Last year, I went trick or treating, and when I got back, I found that all the candy we were handing out was gone. So I started handing out my night's earnings.

I felt nice. :3

Jess
10-19-2009, 05:56 PM
IDK, I personally think wearing something designed to be that revealing/teasing with another top underneath kinda defeats the objective of the outfit in the first place. Even were it my girlfriend (who lets face it, I am possessive about when it comes to other guys perving over, what guy isn't?) wearing that outfit, if she had a top on underneath I'd be like; "Well what the hell is the point of the outfit in the first place? Use double sided tape and lose the under top" Then again I see nothing to be ashamed/shy about when you've got decent looks, if you got it flaunt it... I just think that the wearing of an top underneath is going to 1) ruin the look of the outfit from a viewing point and also probably (considering the tightness on the model image) the fit of the outfit and 2) make you look like you're not comfortable with yourself. If you're not comfortable wearing something how it's meant to be worn then what would be the point of wearing it at all?
It would be a black strappy vest top I would wear under the dress. As it is, that dress is too low cut to wear a bra, and I'm much more 'top-heavy' then the model, I couldn't not wear a bra. I'm comfortable with myself, if I wasn't I wouldn't consider wearing an outfit like that at all. The idea of the outfit (to me) is a more 'original' Halloween costume than a witch/vampire/devil, which is why I'm thinking of going with it. You can 'flaunt' want you have, without leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination, you know. :lol:

I want to see more people's costumes!

Agrias - I agree with Lekana, I want to see all of your costume! I've always preferred home-made costumes to shop-bought. I usually make my own costumes with my Mum, but I don't have the time this year. :kaohappy2

Rocket Edge
10-19-2009, 06:31 PM
It's alive as it's ever been here in Ireland. Come the weekend there won't be a soul out who isn't dressed up. Unfortunately for myself, I still have no idea what I want to go as! :(

EDIT: However, one thing I do know I'm definitely getting is them crazy lenses. I get them every year. I'll probably get the first on the second line down this time around.

Agrias
10-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Agrias - I agree with Lekana, I want to see all of your costume! I've always preferred home-made costumes to shop-bought. I usually make my own costumes with my Mum, but I don't have the time this year. :kaohappy2

I'm going to test try my costume this saturday so i'll take lots of pics and post it then. ;o

I'm really proud with the way it turned out actually! It looks ferocious!!

rubah
10-19-2009, 10:47 PM
actually, I can't have fun this halloween because I'm not old enough. It sucks :cry:

NorthernChaosGod
10-19-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm going to be a robot again! Pictures to come later, I haven't even started making it.

Markus. D
10-20-2009, 12:07 AM
I kinda wish Halloween was acknowledged in Australia...

Blue Harvest
10-23-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't usually do anything on Halloween but this year I'm going out drinking with a bunch of people from work. Most of us (including me) aren't dressing up though.

Shlup
10-23-2009, 10:04 PM
It seems like Halloween is more of a party night than a trick-or-treating night. When I take my siblings out in their cute little costumes there aren't many houses giving candy, or many other kids out. We usually go down to the fire station where they put on a very nice little carnival for free.

Then I head out to the party full of booze and skanks. The last couple of years the girls have been toning down the skankitude though, seeing as we're all settling down and getting married and having kids and such...

Caraliz
10-23-2009, 10:21 PM
i hate halloween a lot