PDA

View Full Version : Pre Paid Cards

Deadwinter66950
10-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Something I hope that Square does with this is bring out some sort of pre paid card. Now I know there are some risks in them doing that, however it would make the game more accessible to people like myself who doesn't have a credit card. I always wanted to play FFXI but I was never able to do so because I wasn't able to pay for it the way they want you too. So what do you think, should they release some sort of pre paid card so FF fans that don't own a credit card can enjoy this game aswell?

Flying Mullet
10-16-2009, 06:25 PM
I guess I'm ignorant on the subject, but why are pre-paid cards risky?

Jessweeee♪
10-16-2009, 07:59 PM
That would be neat. When I was able to afford to play in the summers, my friend would pay for the account with his card, and I'd pay him back with cash (sometimes x.x).

Deadwinter66950
10-16-2009, 08:43 PM
I guess I'm ignorant on the subject, but why are pre-paid cards risky?

The only reason I could thing of for being risky is that you would probably have people trying to find ways to get free subscription by trying to find sites or software that can give them the key codes.

Calarandir
10-17-2009, 11:45 PM
If the codes were done effectively they should prevent people from being able to cheat the system. I don't think people can really cheat the system though, look at WoW, that uses pre-paid cards and that earns massive amounts of money, or if people can cheat then only a small amount can cheat and it wouldn't really matter.

From a business stand point it does make sense as it would help make the game more accessible so I can see Square Enix doing it.