PDA

View Full Version : INKED!

Moon Rabbits
10-17-2009, 11:47 PM
-

Rantz
10-18-2009, 12:18 AM
That octopus one made me want to get an Ultros tattoo.

Bastian
10-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Awesome tats, man!

My first tat was the symbol on the blade of the Master Sword (the version from A Link to the Past):
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2412/tat2q.th.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/tat2q.jpg/)
My second was Auryn from The NeverEnding Story (the film version):
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5900/picture013mi.th.jpg (http://img39.imageshack.us/i/picture013mi.jpg/)
Then this year I got more Zelda tats:
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7387/virtues.th.jpg (http://img35.imageshack.us/i/virtues.jpg/)
But I didn't like how they looked (they were so small they just looked like little stamps) so I went back in and had her put circles around them:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6485/picture001ouf.th.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/picture001ouf.jpg/)

And now I only have like five more that I NEED. Haha.

Jess
10-18-2009, 12:51 AM
I have one tattoo. It's a star and a moon on my lower back.

I've been debating my second for a while now. I want one on my right hipbone. I just have to decide exactly what I want. I have a rough idea, I just want some extra bits added to the design. :jess:

rubah
10-18-2009, 01:38 AM
if it wasn't supposed to be such a terrible spot, I imagine I would get a black heart on my left palm.

Bastian
10-18-2009, 02:09 AM
rubah: what's that in reference to? It sounds awesome.

rubah
10-18-2009, 03:52 AM
not a reference. Just something I like to sharpie on myself. I guess I like the idea of being a card

Bastian
10-18-2009, 04:02 AM
You ARE a card! :P

But that reminds me that I've always wanted a red outline Triforce symbol on the back of my left hand, like Link had in the Instruction Manual art in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, but hand tats are considered "trashy" by some . . . :(

Freya
10-18-2009, 05:12 AM
I don't like anything enough to get a tattoo. I mean some look awesome on people but I couldn't get one on me. As I said, I don't like anything enough.

Rye
10-18-2009, 10:10 AM
I know what I want as a tattoo, and where I want it, but it's just bidding time to see if I really want it or if it's a typical fleeting Rye fancy. I think it's the former, as I've been thinking about it for a while.

I'm mostly just plucking up the courage. I'm not scared of the pain, but I'm scared of the person making a mistake and it ruining my nice skin. I want Cat Von Dee to do it. :(

Rodarian
10-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I want a tattoo but somehow my own inner faith prevents me from getting one...Basically I'm being chicken about it!

Oh but I do have piercing.....And its located....on shaft of my penis...

I usually keep a diamond stud on it when go out... Talk about bling bling...:cool:

Rye
10-18-2009, 11:06 AM
=O

Jiro
10-18-2009, 11:16 AM
I am undecided on whether I will get a tattoo in the future or not. I'm not sure what I would get though, which is the troubling thing. There has to be a really good reason to stick it on my body, because if it just looks cool then I'll stick it on my wall or something.

Shauna
10-18-2009, 11:45 AM
When my friend and I make our badass moped gang, we shall be getting matching gang tattoos! We shall be kickass!

But really, I would like a tattoo, but I have no idea what I'd get. :o

Old Manus
10-18-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm gonna get a teardrop tattoo to show I ain't afraid of cappin some niggaz

Quindiana Jones
10-18-2009, 01:39 PM
I've been meaning to get one myself over my heart. But I'm poor. :(

Captain Maxx Power
10-18-2009, 01:41 PM
No tattoo in the history of mankind has ever in any capacity looked anything close to good on any human being anywhere.

Melissaur
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq308/melissalockhart88/052109153244.jpg
I was freaking out right before, I thought I would run away screaming of pain, but while she was doing it I wanted to laugh so much! It tickled like hell ^__^
BTW! Love this thread! This is my first of.... 21 tattoos I have planned to get.

Rocket Edge
10-18-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm gonna get a teardrop tattoo to show I ain't afraid of cappin some niggaz
Your references about the struggles of the ghetto always make me giggle. :yellowkin

Nah don't have one as of yet, but I do want one. It will take the form of four vertical lines of lyrics from 2Pac going down my right calf. Wise or not? Who cares. I'll probably not get it done though due to laziness.

rubah
10-18-2009, 06:49 PM
No tattoo in the history of mankind has ever in any capacity looked anything close to good on any human being anywhere.

So all the peoples for whom tattooing is some rite of passage etc cultural thing aren't human beings? Or are you just superimposing your view onto an entire species again

Iceglow
10-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Tattoos can look very good on some people, it depends on the person, their body and the design they choose and how good the artist is.

For example I know someone who has got a sleeve of vines and flowers on her arm. I know, she knows, the artist who done the work knows and a couple of our friends who helped make the design know what it hides underneath but it looks fantastic and has restored my friends confidence in wearing short sleeved or sleeveless tops. I don't even think her current fella knows what is under the ink but thats how it goes sometimes.

I don't have any ink or holes yet, not even an ear piercing. I want some inkwork more than I want the idea of a piercing however it's a question of what I would like. I respect the decision of people such as Bastian to get stuff like game art done however I'm not sure even though I'm a huge games fan myself if there is anything I could have done small enough that would actually look good and feel right to me. For example I could but probably wouldn't go for something like a ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence from Halo universe) logo even though I am a huge fan of the Halo games same goes with stuff like a brotherhood of steel logo or a cogtag from gears of war hell count Griever from FFVIII on this list too. I would however consider something like the pendant depicted on the character of Ashley from Vagrant Story (as a back piece) or the huge cross symbol on Merlose's back. Equally cool to get would be something based along the lines of the Will user markings from Fable 2. However when I am older and grey and wrinkly would I look at the inkwork of a games logo or something with a clear gaming reference (at least to me) and think that was a wise choice? Then again considering some of the more common designs out there are disturbingly enough something I wouldn't want either (penises penetrating hearts anyone?) I may as well go for it, having something like the examples of stuff I could but probably wouldn't go for has to be better than that.

KentaRawr!
10-19-2009, 03:05 AM

So all the peoples for whom tattooing is some rite of passage etc cultural thing aren't human beings? Or are you just superimposing your view onto an entire species again

That's not what he's saying at all. He's saying they're human, just ugly humans.

Anyway, I'm not planning on any tattoos, but my sister has a bunch that I quite like. :3

rubah
10-19-2009, 03:59 AM
I'm pretty sure some of them consider each other to be beautiful; there's gotta be a reason they keep mating. Clearly, they are beautiful. So then the question is like I said, are they not human or is he making a ridiculous generalization?

Quindiana Jones
10-19-2009, 04:15 AM
He was stating his opinion in a way humans often state their opinions. "McDonalds is disgusting", for example.

Melissaur
10-19-2009, 07:38 AM
O_O he's pregnant too!! Congrats guy in the picture!

theundeadhero
10-19-2009, 07:46 AM
The artwork is great but the guy himself is not beautiful at all.

People who are all "how could you ever scar your body forever" or even "I have to think about it forever and then really really want it so I don't change my mind I don't want to regret it" don't understand half the point of getting a tattoo, and they never will understand.

Meat Puppet
10-19-2009, 08:00 AM
When I was younger, I would use a utility knife to (gently) carve my name in my arm. I had to get all sorts of counseling for that... but the thing is, I didn’t really hate myself, I was just too poor to afford temporary tattoos (and my name is easy to write with straight lines).

Iceglow
10-19-2009, 08:06 AM
And yet if the image Moon Rabbits posted was the inkwork on some muscle bound body builder whose face was strong jawed, high cheek boned and generally good looking we would be saying that the guy is an attractive guy with great body art. Again there are good looking people in all walks of life, with body art, piercings and so on. I mean look here:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5214/tattoowoman.jpg

Her inkwork is pretty damn decent, the shadings are beautiful and the lines true and sharp the design is quite complex whilst still retaining a simplicity that is pleasing. Oh and the first person to say she's ugly gets a free eyetest from a rusty screwdriver. So what we have here is a beautiful woman with a very nice looking tattoo. I have thus disproved Capt Maxx Power's original statement and any other statements concurring with his. Yes there is a disproportionate amount of good looking - bad looking people in this world with tattoos, but then when you consider this: theres around 6 billion people on the globe, if every single one of them was attractive by our standards then 1) population boost would be immense and 2) actually it wouldn't because in their eyes there would still be a distinction of ugly and beautiful it's in our nature to rate the asthetics of another person. Generally what we consider to be beautiful is something that if you go down the line leads back to one thing and one thing alone, procreation the creating of more life. We are after all just animals ourselves. Therefore there will always be good looking and ugly people with inkwork and piercings it is merely in the eye of the beholder what constitutes what.

Madame Adequate
10-19-2009, 11:26 AM

People who are all "how could you ever scar your body forever" or even "I have to think about it forever and then really really want it so I don't change my mind I don't want to regret it" don't understand half the point of getting a tattoo, and they never will understand.

The point of a tattoo is to make a permanent mark on your own body which may go so far as to influence your career options on a whim?

aquatius
10-19-2009, 12:15 PM
I'd like a tatoo, probably a small one. The thing is I'm planning on working in Japanese interpreting and in Japan tatooed people are stereotyped as thugs because of the Yakuza :(

Breine
10-19-2009, 02:17 PM
I like the tattoos, Rabbits. Especially the octopus. It looks cool.

I've always been fascinated by tattoos, and at one point contemplated getting one myself. They can also look horrible, though.

I'm also thinking about getting my ear pierced.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-19-2009, 07:09 PM
I have none at the moment but I've wanted to get one for a long time.

The one I want the most is a pentacle down with intertwining vines on my right shoulder blade. It'd also be nice to get the Leo symbol on my other shoulder blade, or maybe something representing the sun. I also want a crescent moon right about the left side of my pelvis (it would start with a crescent moon and as I got older, add a full moon and the last crescent). If I go that then I'd want something on the right side representing masculine energies.

Basically, each of those four mentioned either represents masculine or female principles and I like to balance them. :D

Melissaur
10-19-2009, 07:24 PM
MORE PICTURES. I love seeing the tattoos.

NorthernChaosGod
10-20-2009, 12:01 AM

The point of a tattoo is to make a permanent mark on your own body which may go so far as to influence your career options on a whim?

Stupid people make stupid decisions, there is no changing that.

That being said, most people will think about it for a good amount of time and probably get it somewhere easily covered.

Rodarian
10-20-2009, 06:37 PM
=O

You know I would have no qualms about showing you but Hux would get mad and I wouldn't want that! So I guess it'll be OTHER EYES ONLY!! XD XD

Oh and this my bro's tattoo ..He's a Scorpio and well, he tattooed the sign Scorpio on the abdomen

Quindiana Jones
10-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Tell your brother to pull his trousers up, the dirty hobo.

The Space Pope
10-21-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm a nonconformist so I'm going to get a daring tattoo, perhaps a yin yang or something in Sanskrit, or maybe even something that reflects a culture that isn't mine but secretly wish it were because I am devoid of any knowledge of my ancestral past.

Rodarian
10-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Tell your brother to pull his trousers up, the dirty hobo.

Why don't YOU tell him...:P

black orb
10-22-2009, 10:35 PM
>>> People with tattoos are going to hell..

Aurey
10-23-2009, 02:10 AM
I cannot stop thinking about how badass a vampire squid would be as a tattoo, all thanks to this thread.

black orb
10-23-2009, 02:14 AM
>>> People with tattoos are going to hell..

If I'm going to hell it's not gonna be for tattoos~
>>> Dont worry, Hell has a special place for all of you tattooers..

rubah
10-23-2009, 02:43 AM
I can't make up my mind whether I think black orb is being serious or hilarious

Caraliz
10-23-2009, 02:25 PM
i want a tattoo but i want to design it myself. and thats taking quite some time.

i want a lot of piercings too. but ive come to accept that employers generally frown upon that kinda stuff so i have to decide what i want to do first. and maybe get a job. and then go all out. when they cant fire me. :)

Moon Rabbits
10-23-2009, 06:33 PM
I cannot stop thinking about how badass a vampire squid would be as a tattoo, all thanks to this thread.

I really fucking hope that is a IBOPA reference.

theundeadhero
10-23-2009, 09:53 PM
The point of a tattoo is to make a permanent mark on your own body which may go so far as to influence your career options on a whim?Explain how. Except for on the neck, face or hands any job that won't hire you because of a tattoo you'll be wearing a suit jacket to or at least a button up shirt which is lond-sleeved. They'll never see it. And then there's everyone who already have a career path set.

Madame Adequate
10-24-2009, 02:54 AM
may
–auxiliary verb,
(used to express possibility): It may rain.

theundeadhero
10-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Might as well say your boss may decide to hire you just before he spontaniously combusts for all that's worth. One situation is just as likely as the other.