PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Gaming

Levian
10-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Ever end up playing video games while under the influence?

Outside nachspiel games such as Singstar and Buzz, I've sometimes ended up playing some games myself. Although mostly alone after splitting with friends on town and ended up alone and bored somewhere and heading home. My first night drinking ever ended up with playing Resident Evil 3 mercenaries with my cousin, which is probably the most fun night I've had with him ever, we still talk about that even 8 years later. I also recently played FFXI while drunk :p Next time I played I was in the middle of a desert without a map, and one level lower than I originally was! Definitely not a good idea. I'm a bit intoxicated now, and I fully intend to play Young Merlin again, and it's all Tsukasa's fault. I'll probably give up once I reach the mines though.

edit: yeah, I was right. Stupid mines.

LunarWeaver
10-18-2009, 02:10 AM
Well, now I'm considering it. :mad2:

Markus. D
10-18-2009, 02:15 AM
I fully intend to play Young Merlin again, and it's all Tsukasa's fault. I'll probably give up once I reach the mines though.

edit: yeah, I was right. Stupid mines.

XD! I did that too.

edit: Singstar, does that count?

Raistlin
10-18-2009, 02:38 AM
Rock Band drunk is entertaining.

blackmage_nuke
10-18-2009, 02:59 AM
No im too busy confessing my love to everyone.

Freya
10-18-2009, 04:49 AM
Holy ef i'm drunk right now! I need to play a game!

I use to play WoW drunk, that's hella fun!

Moon Rabbits
10-18-2009, 06:13 AM
I've played Guitar Hero/Rock Band when I've been drunk with people. That's the only way you'll get me to sing on Rock Band. I've played drunk DDR with some folks once or twice, it usually ends in tears and bloodshed.

Usually I just play Geometry Wars when I'm stoned, though.

theundeadhero
10-18-2009, 10:25 AM
We get together and drink sometimes just so we can play Duck Hunt drunk.

Quindiana Jones
10-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Burnout: Takedown Road Rage is a game in which your skill improves based on your level of intoxication. Highest number of takedowns sober: 42. Highest number of takedowns drunk: 78. Yeah. I love that game. Though I suppose it could've been due to playing with my drunk friends, rather than the computer.

Rantz
10-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Any Super Smash Bros game is insane when playing it under the influence.

Pete for President
10-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Little Big Planet is alway fun while being drunk or high. Makes for good laughs and a incredible feel-good vibe.

Rocket Edge
10-18-2009, 05:00 PM
A great deal. Popping on Call of Duty when your drunk is hilarious. I sometimes get sing-a-longs going in the lobby with my headset.

Momiji
10-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I've heard that playing arcade shmups are fun when drunk. Dunno why though, you kinda need to be coordinated for those. :P

IXVI
10-18-2009, 05:21 PM
It's REALLY hard for me to get drunk, but yeah i have, I drink alot in general. Best times: Stayed up til' 7:00 AM atleast doin' rockband (I'm not a big fan, i don't really like it all that much, but my best friend Eric loved it, and my other friend Mathias loved it) Had a hang over that morning. FF6 Me and Eric again, best part of our drunken journey through FF6 was when it took us hours to find the SMURFIN' raft and how he got all mad because he didn't want Cid or Celes to die. Our party was Umaro, Shadow, Celes, Sabin(That was his character). oh, and marvel ultimate alliance. Our party: Ghost Rider, Dead Pool, Venom Spiderman(again, that was him). My girlfriend and I also played Little Big Planet while she was drunk, and what that guy said up there, it is indeed feel-good, Annnnd FF6 while she was drunk (since i moved in with her, I can't drink past my limit because her mom has a problem with drinkers and such sooo...yeah....) Yep...my friends and I have had great experiences gaming and drunk..

Jowy
10-18-2009, 06:24 PM
I really needed to record the ventrilo logs of drunk WoW. I would just charge random :bou::bou::bou::bou: in Ulduar with half of the group not paying attention. Two people refuse to run with me anymore, haha. Anything involving a non-conventional controller is twice as entertaining too. I was told to "keep it down" while singing badly on Rock Band and making sure to scream louder than Jared Leto while doing "Attack".

I Took the Red Pill
10-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Megaman Anniversary Collection. 'nuff said.

Shauna
10-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Last weekend my friends and I all played Guitar Hero whilst thoroughly drunk. It was utterly awesome, from the terrible singing to the general inability of all of us to actually get through some of the songs. The amount of noise we made when Livin' on a Prayer was played was insane. xD Oh good times.

NorthernChaosGod
10-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Definitely played a lot of Guitar Hero/Rock Band while drunk. But also managed to turn Halo into a drinking game on several occasions and get fairly smashed off of it.

Levian
10-19-2009, 11:41 AM

Damn, I think that would just make me pissed off when I die at the same spikes for the 10th time! I'm pretty badass at Megaman though, I'll have to try it some time, I might be awesome. :mog:

Flying Mullet
10-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Online games and group games like Rockband or FPS'ers are the only games I like to play drunk. If there aren't other people to enjoy the game with, it just gets sad.

Slothy
10-19-2009, 02:07 PM

Damn, I think that would just make me pissed off when I die at the same spikes for the 10th time! I'm pretty badass at Megaman though, I'll have to try it some time, I might be awesome. :mog:

You could turn it into a bad ass drinking game though. Every time you die you take a drink. If there's anyone left standing at the end of the first level then they win.

Sort of.

Breine
10-19-2009, 02:51 PM
I've played Singstar and such several times while drunk.

Also, Tekken and DOA.

Flying Arrow
10-19-2009, 03:00 PM
There was a time a few years ago during which I would play games under the influence of a non-alcoholic substance. It was a crazy few months, but I remember being floored by Shadow of the Colossus. Mindblowing difficult, trippy and scary. Unbelievable experience. In the RPG department, I mainly remember Chrono Cross; the vibrant colours and beautiful music made for a hell of a time.

Flying Mullet
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Under the right influence, I always imagined Earthbound would be an interesting experience, with the funky music and trippy battle backgrounds.

Bolivar
10-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah. If the planets align for a truly tremendous game like Metal Gear Solid 4, I like to have my favorite liquor on hand and maybe a little of something else.

Recently been playing MAG, Killzone, and Resistance 2 drunk, FPS are good for it. Especially with MAG being so communication intensive, it just makes you loosen up and talk to your squad/platoon better.

Dreddz
10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
I tend not to drink while playing games. They just disorientate me. I came back from the pub last week and thought it would be a good idea to pop in Mirrors Edge. Almost 10 minutes later and I thought I was going to puke.

Playing games high I'm all for though. You can still keep your head straight and keep track on whats hapening on screen. I played through a good majority of Uncharted 2 high and I don't regret it.

Shattered Dreamer
10-19-2009, 09:31 PM
I used to play Fifa 07 & 09 with my flat mates whilest getting drunk! The Fifa series are games I'm pretty damn good at but I'm shocking bad when I'm drunk. I've also played GTA4 whilst hammered thats alot of fun:D Me & my mate played Gears Of War 2 on Insane whilst really stoned, one of the most intense gaming experiences of my life!

Jowy
10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
The Perfect Dark drinking game:

Get yourself and as many friends as you can find together with N64's Perfect Dark. Using the advanced setup, put your team up against a PerfectSim for an infinite amount of time.

When ever PerfectSim kills you, take a shot. If you play like I do, in about ten minutes, you will be plastered. The games ends when no one can hold up thier controllers.

Agrias
10-19-2009, 09:49 PM
I remember the good old days when we used to get drunk and play Super Mario Smash Bros. on the nintendo 64, as well as golden eye. Teehee!! Running around with a tiny gold gun is SO crazy when we all have it!

Mirage
10-19-2009, 10:03 PM
I've played need for speed 2 when I was really drunk, but that's a long time ago. Nowadays I just drink casually while playing. I don't get wasted and do crazy skulls though.

Flying Mullet
10-19-2009, 10:08 PM
I remember the good old days when we used to get drunk and play Super Mario Smash Bros. on the nintendo 64, as well as golden eye. Teehee!! Running around with a tiny gold gun is SO crazy when we all have it!
Ahh, Golden Eye. One of the best party games ever. :)

Shoeberto
10-19-2009, 10:08 PM
God, my friend challenged me when I was fairly sloshed and I couldn't do crap in Brawl xD With the items floating around and the stage going all over the place, it's just insane.

As far as single player games go... No More Heroes is fairly fun to get drunk and play. It makes the cash collecting jobs a lot more entertaining.

Rocket Edge
10-20-2009, 12:03 AM
God, my friend challenged me when I was fairly sloshed and I couldn't do crap in Brawl xD With the items floating around and the stage going all over the place, it's just insane.
I played that with some friends fairly drunk years ago and it was so much fun! They got so annoyed because I kept on doing that vertical electric bolt from Pikachu over and over.