PDA

View Full Version : A Boy and his Blob

Yeargdribble
10-21-2009, 02:14 AM
For most, this game came out with any fanfare very recently. However, I've been looking forward to it for many months. The original on NES isn't that well known either, but to the few that played, they loved the concept (though the game was ridiculously and needlessly difficult). I'm really enjoying the quasi-remake. Many here are probably too young to even remember the original, but I'm wondering if anyone else picked up the new one for Wii.

Markus. D
10-21-2009, 02:58 AM
It has indeed pitched interest to me... it looks very interesting.

I definetly know I'll have issues with the interface to begin with, superfun otherwise :D!

Del Murder
10-21-2009, 03:02 AM
I remember that game, it was hard as smurf. It was cool to turn the blob into stuff I guess.

Rostum
10-21-2009, 07:03 AM
I remember going to the video store to rent this game, and it was always out - finally I got it and I loved the concept but it was too difficult for me at the time. Can't wait to try out the remake.

Old Manus
10-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Jesus, I remember playing that game and being too young to know what the hell I was doing. I just used up all my beans on the first screen just to see all the cool things my blob could do :cool:

Yeargdribble
10-21-2009, 03:10 PM
I always borrowed it from a friend who'd lost the instructions. We'd play for hours in the caves under the subway collecting loot and then go to the store. We tried everything we could to buy from the store but couldn't figure it out. We would quickly die via cherry bombs on Blobolonia and couldn't actually figure out what we were supposed to do.

Luckily with the new one there is no numerical limit on beans. You only get beans you'll actually use on a given level. The levels are fairly short overall so you don't get lost the way you would in the NES version. It's just puzzle solving fun and very casual. Deaths mean very little as you just respawn near where you died. If it was otherwise the game would be retardedly frustrating. On the challenge levels you do have to do it all in one go and some can be pretty rough.