PDA

View Full Version : What if this is a possibility?

Haveaniceday
10-21-2009, 03:45 AM
When we die, we instantly enter another universe in which everything is the same except we're alive. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Even to the extent that a line of possible events is avoided to allow a person to live.<o:p></o:p>

E.g. A to a person's conscious lying on their death bed, something happens that allows them to get spontaneously better, hence while they die in their current universe, they feel they've never passed and merely got better.<o:p></o:p>

Could be the same with old age, maybe eventually the consciousness ends up in a universe where a 'cure' is found for old age etc.<o:p></o:p>

I've been almost killed dozens of times and thought about this very question.<o:p></o:p>

The Space Pope
10-21-2009, 03:46 AM
I'm going to have to have a stern talking to my common sense, how dare it make me click this thread.

leader of mortals
10-21-2009, 03:59 AM
What if it is possible that I am the only person in the world that I see, and everyone around me is only a halucination made up by my mind. All the previous advancements in technology are there because I imagined them to be. This computer is not really here, I am so mad that I feel this computer, and I see this computer, and I see the words on this computer. Everything is a dream, and when this dream ends, I will wake up, possibly to another dream. An endless cycle of dreaming and everyone throughout my life is just my imagination. I am God, in a world where I have no power.

There you go... Off to bed for me now...

Meat Puppet
10-21-2009, 04:10 AM
Without wanting to spoil it for anybody, I’m just going to say it’s not. :-P>:-P> (am I doing this right?)

Timekeeper
10-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Then it'd be pretty neat.

Mind you, if people 'die' in our universe, and go onto the next, when we 'die' do we go onto the next one, are they suddenly alive again, or is it just you that's immortal?

Rodarian
10-21-2009, 05:04 PM
We die only once PERIOD :colbert:

Unbreakable Will
10-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Ahhh...abstract thoughts...i killed mine just this morning.

FaithWontFall
10-21-2009, 10:19 PM
That's confusing. I've never thought of that before. Hmm...
A cure for old age...
Never really dying...
:D weird.
But it could happen, like all 'what ifs'

blackmage_nuke
10-21-2009, 10:25 PM
What if it is possible that I am the only person in the world that I see, and everyone around me is only a halucination made up by my mind. All the previous advancements in technology are there because I imagined them to be. This computer is not really here, I am so mad that I feel this computer, and I see this computer, and I see the words on this computer.

Ive had the same thought but my conclusion was what if im actually retarded and percieve the world as normal, so where I think Im typing to people online im actually banging my fingers on a scrabble board in the middle of a family game and when i think im having a normal conversation im actually yelling and slurring while flinging my poo.

NorthernChaosGod
10-22-2009, 12:34 AM
What if it is possible that I am the only person in the world that I see, and everyone around me is only a halucination made up by my mind. All the previous advancements in technology are there because I imagined them to be. This computer is not really here, I am so mad that I feel this computer, and I see this computer, and I see the words on this computer.

Ive had the same thought but my conclusion was what if im actually retarded and percieve the world as normal, so where I think Im typing to people online im actually banging my fingers on a scrabble board in the middle of a family game and when i think im having a normal conversation im actually yelling and slurring while flinging my poo.

Along this same line of thought, I've often wondered if I could ever truly know if what I experience is all a dream or my waking world. And if it was a dream, that at any moment I could wake up and my life would be something far from what I thought it was.

leader of mortals
10-22-2009, 02:53 AM

Along this same line of thought, I've often wondered if I could ever truly know if what I experience is all a dream or my waking world. And if it was a dream, that at any moment I could wake up and my life would be something far from what I thought it was.

Yes, and, fairly related, how do you know if everything you see is what others see? Maybe for some people, what you percieve as Dark is what they see as Light, and of course there would not be any way to know because they would always learn that thier Dark is Dark and thier Light is Light. Same for colors, maybe your Blue is thier Red, but they were taught that Blue is Blue, so they learned from what they saw.