PDA

View Full Version : Just my imagination?

Unbreakable Will
10-21-2009, 09:38 AM
OK, I wanted to start out by saying I know its almost All Hallows Eve and this is going to sound horribly cliche, but, I just had the creepiest experience of my life. It's 3:30 in the morning here, half an hour ago I was awoken from a VERY deep sleep (or at least it felt like it) and when I sleep like that thunderstorms can't wake me up. I awoke to the sound of many childrens laughter... no one was outside (we have porch lights out front) and they'd have to be close for me to hear it like I did. Now I know people can dream and what not and think they are awake but this was really different, you know that feeling of fear that sends you into shivers? Well as soon as I didn't see a damn person outside I felt that, and our dog (who has a reputable knack for knowing someone is there) started going nuts I knew it wasn't just me.

So whats going on at my house EoFF? Auditory malfunction on my part, acoustics of the outside, or something quite unknown and freaking creepy? Believe me I DON'T want it to be something creepy. Im open to suggestions....

Quindiana Jones
10-21-2009, 10:51 AM
I woke up like that once. A dog leapt over my bed, turned, let out a ripping growl and leapt at my face. I was already awake at the time. There was no dog, but I heard everything that happened so clearly I could "follow" it with my eyes (it was pitch black at the time anyway). Sent shivers right up my arms. Creepy as you like.

A likely situation (other than ghosts or something, which could be likely I suppose. I dunno.) is that someone/thing ran past your house, or made noise somewhere beyond your hearing. The dog hears it, or the person has already gone, but the dog barks anyway. At this same time, you're having the weird creepy hearing thing.

The Space Pope
10-21-2009, 11:24 AM
I woke up this one time and I was totally, like, dead.

But not undead, just dead. Or really tired. I don't remember.

Parker
10-21-2009, 11:25 AM
I just woke from a very vivid wet dream involving yunalesca (giant head form).

Rye
10-21-2009, 11:34 AM
I just woke from a very vivid wet dream involving yunalesca (giant head form).

Oh what that giant medusa tongue can do, eh Parker?

Parker
10-21-2009, 11:49 AM
i was like UNF UNF and my dad came in -rolling eyes- "actin' out your fanfictions again Parker Jnr?"

FaithWontFall
10-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Maybe if someone else lives in the house they were playing a joke on you (crazy idea, but someone might just try it)
I know its not uncommon for people to wake in the night and say they heard something, so if the above isnt possible, then maybe you just woke from a dream. I know you dont like the sound of that possibility, but thats what i tell myself when i wake in the night because i heard noises that have no reason to have been heard. Otherwise i would never sleep again.:eek:

Unbreakable Will
10-21-2009, 01:38 PM
I woke up like that once. A dog leapt over my bed, turned, let out a ripping growl and leapt at my face. I was already awake at the time. There was no dog, but I heard everything that happened so clearly I could "follow" it with my eyes (it was pitch black at the time anyway). Sent shivers right up my arms. Creepy as you like.

A likely situation (other than ghosts or something, which could be likely I suppose. I dunno.) is that someone/thing ran past your house, or made noise somewhere beyond your hearing. The dog hears it, or the person has already gone, but the dog barks anyway. At this same time, you're having the weird creepy hearing thing.

Hm, I probably had the same thing happen. Odd things happen when one goes from one form of conciousness to another I suppose.

Maybe if someone else lives in the house they were playing a joke on you (crazy idea, but someone might just try it)
I know its not uncommon for people to wake in the night and say they heard something, so if the above isnt possible, then maybe you just woke from a dream. I know you dont like the sound of that possibility, but thats what i tell myself when i wake in the night because i heard noises that have no reason to have been heard. Otherwise i would never sleep again.:eek:

Heh, well I didnt get back to sleep til later on bc it was so damn freaky.

Psychotic
10-21-2009, 01:48 PM
I saw this in a movie once. There were all these ghost noises and the girl was like "Who's there? WHO'S THERE?" and she's sobbing and blubbering and it turns out it was just her insane grandma who they locked in the attic with all these cats. The grandma went crazy and started hitting the girl and she ran away screaming.

So there's really nothing to worry about, Will. :)

Rantz
10-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Not to worry. It was just the Wills of ages past, laughing at what you've become.

Rodarian
10-21-2009, 04:53 PM
You want to hear whats scary...

I think it was early September but I was royally down with a viral fever.

On the second night I was in rolling in bed in misery when outside my bedroom window, I heard a very loud wailing of a Koel (type of bird)..Seconds after I heard a very distinct loud wet crunch......

I called my sister up.....In complete fear....

Old Manus
10-21-2009, 04:58 PM
I feel you, bro. About a year ago I got a call from my girlfriend who I hadn't spoke to in ages (we were on a break) asking for me to come to dinner with her family. The mini chicken we had started writhing about and spewing blood when I poked it with the fork but nobody seemed to be bothered about it. In the ensuing (scintillating, I may add) conversation, I learned that my girlfriend had had a kid in my absence, and I was forced to marry her. Bad times.

I went to see the baby and jesus it looked like something you'd flush down the toilet. Slits for eyes, a long neck, and wrapped in bandages. It kept making noises too. My girlfriend couldn't take the heat and left me to deal with this deformity. After conversations with the radiator and passionate sex with the girl across the hall, and not to mention some really smurfing weird dreams, I lost it and decided to send that baby back to hell from whence it came. I cut open the bandages, and I must have been tripping off acid or something because the baby's head appeared at like 20 times its regular size. Then the world exploded. It was pretty freaky.

Bunny
10-21-2009, 04:59 PM
The Hour of Three is commonly considered to be the worst hour of the entire day.

Aurey
10-21-2009, 05:02 PM
One time I woke up to the police chasing down some dude in my backyard. They kept shining their lights into my room and their dog kept barking, and I all I heard was some dude out of nowhere yell "shut the fuck up!" Because of this incident I believe in zombie goasts.

Unbreakable Will
10-21-2009, 05:17 PM
I saw this in a movie once. There were all these ghost noises and the girl was like "Who's there? WHO'S THERE?" and she's sobbing and blubbering and it turns out it was just her insane grandma who they locked in the attic with all these cats. The grandma went crazy and started hitting the girl and she ran away screaming.

So there's really nothing to worry about, Will. :)

S-so granny might still be alive in my attic laughing like several children? Well, back to bed then, hope they feed her and tell her to shut the fuck up

The Hour of Three is commonly considered to be the worst hour of the entire day.
YES

blackmage_nuke
10-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Check your phone, maybe it went off and you were too groggy to realise it.

Blue Harvest
10-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Many years ago I had a dream that a bomb crashed through my ceiling and exploded AFTER I woke up. But there was no bomb.

Also this can be likened to when you dream that you're falling and you land on your bed after you wake up.