PDA

View Full Version : School Bus Incident

Yuffie514
10-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Okay, I don't know how to explain this, but I will try to be as clear as possible.

I live in Arizona. I got off early from work today, so I went to Wal-Mart. As I was heading home, I was in the center of a 3-lane traffic and a school bus was to the right of me on the right lane. A car ahead had passed the bus as it started to flash its light and I was already beside the bus before it came to a full stop. The stop arm was not extended or the bus lacked one. I made the decision to pass, as the car ahead had before me. Then I heard a rather loud honk. I am worried if I had done something wrong. I am still quite new to driving and this is the first time I had to face this situation by myself. I am worried that the bus driver may have written my plate number and reported the incident. I hope there won't be a citation. There was no reckless or harmful intention in my action.

Thanks in advance for reading.

Jowy
10-22-2009, 12:21 AM
you're going to prison.

in all seriousness, don't worry about it.

Rye
10-22-2009, 07:49 AM
If the arms not extended, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Though tbqf, I'm confused about your road system. I've never seen a bus stop to let someone off in three lane traffic. Three lanes are baby highways, for me. I'm pretty sure a bus can only let kids off in a residential street's bus stop. =O

The Space Pope
10-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Was expecting some level of pedophilia ITT

I leave here disappointed. ;_;

rubah
10-22-2009, 04:31 PM
If the arms not extended, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Though tbqf, I'm confused about your road system. I've never seen a bus stop to let someone off in three lane traffic. Three lanes are baby highways, for me. I'm pretty sure a bus can only let kids off in a residential street's bus stop. =O

That's the point of the little stop sign on the driver's side. It stops all traffic, kinda like an ambulence siren. A legal stop sign.