PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 6

Rocket Edge
10-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Who's getting it? We would have all had this game sooner if the release date wasn't shoved back over a year ago. Interested to see what the improvements and new features will be, especially on the online play. They must have done something (hopefully) about the dreadful lag that haunts DR, it's terrible. Anyways I'm really excited about this game, being a life-long Tekken fan. I'll be getting it come friday no doubt. A poll? Why not.

Release dates:
Europe: Friday, October 30th
America: Tuesday, October 27th

Markus. D
10-22-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm a big fan of Jun/Asuka... haven't played since T5 though... I would have put more cash into T6 arcade if it weren't for the whole "SFIV" existing.

Shattered Dreamer
10-22-2009, 09:44 PM
This game will definitely find its way into my collection at some stage for sure!

Dreddz
10-22-2009, 09:50 PM
I think the delay was to improve the graphics. Look at the game back when it was first released in arcades and look at it now.The animations and post processing effects are significantly better. But none of that really matters, Tekken is Tekken. Ill be picking this up on release day if possible.

And Dr. Boskonovitch is the best Tekken character. Fact.

Jessweeee♪
10-22-2009, 10:55 PM
MOKUJIN

JKTrix
10-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Raven, because he is a Black Ninja.

Sending back Uncharted 2 today to try and get Tekken rented.

Rocket Edge
10-22-2009, 11:31 PM
And Dr. Boskonovitch is the best Tekken character. Fact.
Ogre!

sir helix
10-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Jins my favorite but i wont be buying this cus im a street fighter faithful.

Dreddz
10-22-2009, 11:45 PM
MOKUJIN

If the best character is decided by their ending cinematic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAzxrBxLiVM), then yes, Mokujin is indeed the best character.

Depression Moon
10-23-2009, 01:28 AM
I'm a strict Hwoarang and Baek player, but I do bust out the Eddy/Christie on ocassion. I've also found Lili cool to use. I might get this game depending on certain factors. I'm reluctant though because it doesn't seem not all that much has changed. Should I really buy this when a Tekken 7 is more than likely inevitable in the future?

Rocket Edge
10-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Baek & Lili, I hate fighting them. They are so overused online.

Tekken 7 will probably take years to make looking back over 6's production. Some blame that partially due to it crossing over onto the XBox platform, but regardless I'd go and get it if your a fan of the series, for sure.

black orb
10-23-2009, 01:47 AM
>>> I hate Tekken games but I liked 2 characters that appeared in Namco X Capcom, i think their names are Heihachi Mishima and Jin Kazama..

Markus. D
10-23-2009, 01:51 AM
I know she's as generic as ever but this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAg_Q5xARfk) makes me wanna see Unknown make a return.

Lionx
10-23-2009, 03:54 AM
Whatever you do just dont get the game now. T6 Bloodline Rebellion is already out in arcades (pretty sure on this...i need to check my arcades next time more throughly).

For those that don't know what T6BR is, its basically T5 Dark Resurrection, a revised version of the game. Its only a matter of time before T6 BR is out on console and therefore null your vanilla T6 purchase.

If you dont care about something like that then i believe Bob + Rage = broken !

I remember the roster now is extremely huge as well, with just about everyone in the past Tekken games selectable. Graphics are very nice as well.

That being said, the first Tekken game i played is T3, and it was fun, but i don't play it to any real depth. Last i known, its more of a poking match to see who can establish range/initiate a combo into a juggle for damage. Its fun though, and beginner friendly so its a plus for sure if you just started the Tekken franchise now.

JKTrix
10-23-2009, 05:09 AM
The console version is Bloodline Rebellion.

As for sequel fears: the best time to get a game when you're afraid it'll get a better sequel is... right when the game comes out. If you were just buying Street Fighter 4 right now for example, the new one is just a few months away. If you got it back in February, you'd have had it for a whole year before the next one. So don't worry about it.

Kyros
10-23-2009, 08:44 AM
I play a ton of the characters. For a while I was pretty good with King and Nina b/c their chain grabs are fun times, but I haven't played in so long that I've forgotten all of these =/ My main used to be Hwoarang who is pretty cool, and imo theyve made some nice improvements on him since 3. I guess Christie is one of my favorites to use, but unfortunately her and Eddie are a lot harder to use vs people that know wtf theyre doing and just low parry you then beat your face in so I play them less than I used to. I don't know if I could really choose a favorite since I can play pretty well with several of the characters.

Depression Moon
10-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Well I still feel reluctant to get this game, because I'm trying to enter a tournament for T6 and i've been practicing by playing T5 DR. I wish I could play real people though, but the game has no online and I have no one to play it either. It just seems like a waste for me to buy the game if I don't do well that one time since there will be no more tournaments in my area after this one is through and I know that there will eventually be a sequel to it sometime down the road as well.

Psychotic
10-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah I'm a Tekken fan. The original Tekken was the first ever PlayStation game I owned. Don't know if I'll get this on release, though, as there's a lot of good games out soon and I want to save my pennies. But, I plan to get it eventually.

I mostly Hwoarang and Steve it.

Breine
10-23-2009, 04:14 PM
I've always been a fan of Tekken, and therefore I'm also getting Tekken 6. Fo sho! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

My favourite has always been and will always be Nina. That woman is deadly.

JKTrix
10-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Well I still feel reluctant to get this game, because I'm trying to enter a tournament for T6 and i've been practicing by playing T5 DR. I wish I could play real people though, but the game has no online and I have no one to play it either. It just seems like a waste for me to buy the game if I don't do well that one time since there will be no more tournaments in my area after this one is through and I know that there will eventually be a sequel to it sometime down the road as well.

What? Tekken 6 has online, and so does T5DR on the PS3.

I'm not defending Tekken because I like it (I don't...), but misinformation is dangerous.

Edit: I guess you have the base version of T5DR, which does *not* have online. Sorry. I didn't realize someone would choose to not have online.

*Devore*
10-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I mainly play with Jin and Hwoarang. Although I'm starting to lose interest in Jin because they changed his fighting style. I know it was just like Kazuya's, but it always felt more flunt and faster.
If I end up buying Tekken 6 I probably just switch completely to using Hwoarang.

Depression Moon
10-24-2009, 12:31 AM

What? Tekken 6 has online, and so does T5DR on the PS3.

I'm not defending Tekken because I like it (I don't...), but misinformation is dangerous.

Edit: I guess you have the base version of T5DR, which does *not* have online. Sorry. I didn't realize someone would choose to not have online.

I didn't see an online version. I saw something online that said Tekken 5 online bundle, but when I clicked on it, it said no longer available. I thought you didn't like Tekken Trix so why would you rent it?

Kyros
10-24-2009, 12:42 AM
I mainly play with Jin and Hwoarang. Although I'm starting to lose interest in Jin because they changed his fighting style. I know it was just like Kazuya's, but it always felt more flunt and faster.
If I end up buying Tekken 6 I probably just switch completely to using Hwoarang.

You could just play Devil Jin in Tekken 5. He was top tier and a lot like Tekken 3 Jin. I hope they change it a little bit so if you face someone that knows how to low parry then you dont pretty much autolose with christie/eddie

Levian
10-24-2009, 01:42 AM
I've always felt like I cheated whenever I played as Law, Hwoarang or Eddy. Especially in multiplayer!

My favorites would probably be Paul and Kazuya.

Jessweeee♪
10-24-2009, 01:45 AM
I've always been a fan of Tekken, and therefore I'm also getting Tekken 6. Fo sho! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

My favourite has always been and will always be Nina. That woman is deadly.

Nina is great. I mostly use Law (I love dressing him up in chef clothes in Tekken 5 xD), Anna, Nina, Xiaoyu, and Mokujin. In Tekken 3 I'll use Gon just because I can KO someone with a fart.

...don't judge me, you know you all do the same.

JKTrix
10-24-2009, 02:12 AM
I didn't see an online version. I saw something online that said Tekken 5 online bundle, but when I clicked on it, it said no longer available. I thought you didn't like Tekken Trix so why would you rent it?

Because I love fighting games, and something as 'important' as Tekken should at least be played. Plus, I'm not paying any extra for it, my rental service is subscription based. If something 'clicks' when I play it and I end up liking it, I can still buy it.

I don't necessarily hate Tekken, but it is the one I like the least of the 'Major' 3D fighting games.

Mirage
10-24-2009, 03:34 AM
I like asuka and lee <.<

Breine
10-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Click here (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-tekken-6/58199?type=flv&fbid=rQBkPFHQKPh) for the Gametrailers.com review.

Nifleheim7
10-28-2009, 06:38 PM
My favourite characters (in terms of fighting styles) are:
Bryan
Asuka
Xiaoyu

Can't wait until friday to get the game!:)

JKTrix
10-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Got it yesterday. Gave it a chance. Played for about an hour, then other more pressing matters came up. I'll try it a little more over the weekend before I decide to send it back. Tekken Force (or whatever they call it here) is bad. I will resist the urge to play VF5 until I get more time to dig into it, but I am reminded of why I prefer other systems over Tekken's.

One thing I really do like about Tekken that I don't think many other games do, is that characters from specific countries speak the language of that country (unless the story dictates they have good reason to know Japanese or English). Hwoarang speaks Korean, for example. It's a neat touch on the presentation.

I don't know why I thought Leo was a Karate character, when the main characters all use karate already. Karate girls tend to get my first pick in fighting games, partly because I practiced karate once.

Madame Adequate
10-29-2009, 02:39 PM
The best character in Tekken is Paul Phoenix's hairdo.

Also I was a big fan in PS1 times but I stopped caring after Tekken 3.

Jessweeee♪
10-29-2009, 05:00 PM
The best character in Tekken is Paul Phoenix's hairdo.

Also I was a big fan in PS1 times but I stopped caring after Tekken 3.

I like buying the extra tall hair in Tekken 5.

DK
10-29-2009, 05:14 PM
my greatest gaming achievement of all time was dicking the #20 ranked Tekken online player earlier this summer. Though I definitely would never have been able to do it with anyone other than Asuka so I guess that answers who my favourite character is!

I'd love to get Tekken 6 but don't have a Playstation and absolutely refuse to ruin the game by attempting to play it on a 360 pad so it'll have to either wait or pass me by.

Depression Moon
10-30-2009, 04:02 AM
I haven't been on here for a while since I've been playing this game. I'm sort of glad I didn't buy it immediately because too much hasn't changed. this Teeken has a good number of new characters especially if you haven't played T5DR. It looks like Namco is trying a bit harder on expanding the story, but it still isn't all that good overall.

The new gameplay feels smoother and this game is just a beauty to look at. Online can be slow sometimes. A lot of times when I try to juggle i miss so I half to put in my commands like a half second earlier. This new girl Alisa is pretty badass too. I was in lover with her on first site. When they first introduced her sleeping in the Tekken Force mode I was thinking she was a heavily dark character, but Namco didn't go too far with it like I hoped they would. Speaking of the Tekken Force mode, the beginning prologue is way too long. They could've added gameplay in between or gave you the option to look at it later. I know I could skip it, but I was just thinking it wasn't going to run that long. Namco still hasn't fixed the problems with Tekken Force either. There are still targeting problems, camera problems, and odd movements. They shouldn't have brought it back unless they were going to fix it.

I'm not sure why they didn't take a look at Soul Calibur and added crazyt bonus modes because that's one thing I liked about III it had so many different battle types to choose from so nothing stayed the same for too long. If this was a part of Tekken then I think I might consider buying it.

The new stages in the game all look lice. I love the Little House on the Prairie one and the flip flop world one in particular.Zafina feels weird, but I think I'll be sticking with my mains. I have to go train for my tournament so see ya guys.

Depression Moon
10-31-2009, 10:40 PM
I came back from my T6 tournament and I was dissapointed. Nobody even showed up I won by default. Hopefully someone will come to the next round. It hurts to have to rent this again considering how much Blockbuster charges nowadays. I love the customization in this game, but I hope that Namco will update their servers later.

NeoCracker
11-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Best thing I've noticed about this game is it seems less button masher friendly then other fighters.

It was working when my buddy did it at first, but the moment I started getting the hang of controls, I annialated him.

Took out half his team with the sumo. XD

Vyk
11-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I barely played Tekken 4, and hated it. Never tried Tekken Tag, but it looked really good. And I don't recall Tekken 5 ever existing. And before 4 I was a Virtua Fighter fan. And only barely into 3D fighting games at all. So this is the first real time I've tried the series. I've tried a few chicks, and right now Xiaoyu seems to be my favorite. Asuka's pretty bitchin too though. My friend Heath's been pumped for it so we rented it and apparently he's played and mastered them all and been making people eat fists online with Bryan Fury and King

Kyros
11-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Tekken 4 was fun, but it was easily the worst of the series for its time =/ It felt like Xiaoyu got better, which made me happy since I liked her a lot in 3-4, but she wasnt that great in 5 imo. Julia also seemed to be better though she was already good (high tier in 5 I think) :D

Jessweeee♪
11-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Best thing I've noticed about this game is it seems less button masher friendly then other fighters.

It was working when my buddy did it at first, but the moment I started getting the hang of controls, I annialated him.

Took out half his team with the sumo. XD

That's always neat until your friends stop playing because they don't even have a chance xD

Depression Moon
11-03-2009, 02:27 AM
Wait a minute I don't understand. What are yáll complaints on four? Your not elaborate at all.

Vyk
11-03-2009, 04:52 AM
Its been years so I don't remember the specifics. Just the hate. I seem to recall a super tiny roster and lack of modes. But I guess the no modes thing is just Tekken. There's always a goofy campaign mode. Which now I'd take over Soul Calibur's new tower BS anyday (how I miss thee, Chronicles of the Sword...)

Tekken 6 is missing a lot of key features too. Something that's annoying my friend and I is that online there's no continue option. You have to choose your character every time no matter what. And it makes you pick a main character so you always have to navigate from that person every time -_-

And there's some pretty decent lag online sometimes. But the whole Ghost feature is pretty awesome. The way you unlock videos however is beyond retarded. The Arcade mode is supposed to be about the tournament. There should be opening and ending videos. But no. They're all unlocked in campaign. Don't even have to beat the game with your favorite character to get the video. Though I'm sure most people would prefer doing it that way. Is that a stupid idea they've implemented for a long time or is it new?

Edit: Also, everything is way too expensive to customize characters in-game...

Rocket Edge
11-03-2009, 02:13 PM
The biggest problem I had with 4 was how slow the gameplay was. Compared to 3 or 5 (or even any of them rest of the series) it was really slow.

JKTrix
11-03-2009, 02:37 PM
They made the customize items too expensive to encourage you to play the 'stupid campaign'. Money rolls in quick in there, and you automatically get customize items from item drops.

Depression Moon
11-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I've gotten used to Tekken Force mode though. I realize now it's better to move with the analog stick, but targeting enemies can still be funny. I'm alright with the having to choose a character every time thing, since most of the time I just switch between the same three characters. It doesn't make much sense though that they put Bake and Hwoarang so far away from each other on the character select. I think Eddy and Christie are like that too. I like the customization and you can unlock items pretty fast if you equip item drop increase items on your characters. If online wasn't so laggy then I would have kept this game.

There should be opening and ending videos. But no. They're all unlocked in campaign. Don't even have to beat the game with your favorite character to get the video.

You can . it's under the Arena though. I only did it once though since it gives you no gold.

NeoCracker
11-04-2009, 03:56 AM
Dragonov and Lili are awesome. Like, beyond awesome. Those two are quite possibly going to be my mains.

Especially Lili. She's hot.

Rocket Edge
11-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Got it Monday. At first I was unhappy with it. I thought they had completely changed the feel of the game and it was slower. It almost feels like your playing Soul Calibur at times due to way it plays. First thing I want to get off my chest is the graphics. They are poor for PS3 standard, and that's no exaggeration. Everything looks fuzzy almost. The gameplay is good, and runs for the most part smoothly but some players are slower than others, so there's an imbalance. Lee for example is so slow I can't play with him properly at all, while my other characters Paul & Yoshimitsu are fine.

Now too the online play. I was actually quite impressed with the connection speeds during games and for the most part I'm lag free. During the night-time it does get more laggy but I guess that's warranted. If the game starts stopping and starting it cuts you both from the game and it doesn't effect either record.
Now to the annoying bit about online play. I currently have a record of 62 wins to 24 loses with Yoshimitsu, however 12 of those loses aren't legitimate. I would pick my character and go forth and before it would come to the loading screen showing the characters, It would back out and a message would come up that I couldn't connect to the game. Then for some strange reason it penalizes me and that counts as a loss on my record. Now, Its not that I really care about my record or anything, but I don't want a loss there if I didn't even fight, so that's BS. Also, you don't realize how n00bish some players are online. They use the same moves continually, and message you after you beat them with something like 'U BITCH PLAYER' or 'UR :bou::bou::bou::bou:!'. I don't mind but these are the players who pick characters who require little skill to play. That's another thing, I've now played over 100 games online so far, and I've only seen a handful of characters being picked because they can use a move to trip you up, and then go on to do a combo. The most annoying player in Tekken history is Lili, good god this girl requires zero skill to play and she is an unpredictable strong force that can kill you in seconds. They made her seriously overpowered and now, about 30% of the online players pick her. Before you say, "learn to deal with her", picture this; I had her health bar down to critical and she put me up against a wall and before I knew it I was dead in seconds with her using only 2 moves. There was literally nothing I could do. The only other players I've seen played frequently are Law, Eddy, King, Kazuya, & to a lesser extent Elisa. I've seen Hwoarang, Jack, Paul, & Asuka used once or twice. Small considering there's 40 in the roster to pick from. One guy bet me with Lee recently and I congratulated him after because Lee isn't easy to play with. Anyway, don't want this to seem like a rant, but... eh.

I'm happy enough I guess with the game, but it's little things like that that annoy me. I'll comment later with a more clear picture on the game. If anyone want's a game, just holla! :)

PSN: novi_glitzko

NeoCracker
11-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Just give it time and you'll learn to deal with lili. Any button masher out there is easily handled once you start getting good. :p

And ONline play is always like this, like when i started Blazblu it was always freakin' Hakuman and Jin. And People just kept using the same :bou::bou::bou::bou: with Hakuman and owning me. THough it didnt' take long for that to stop.

Just saying it's to early to start calling characters cheap. Begginner friendly is probably the better word to use.

Mirage
11-04-2009, 09:32 PM
I barely played Tekken 4, and hated it. Never tried Tekken Tag, but it looked really good. And I don't recall Tekken 5 ever existing. And before 4 I was a Virtua Fighter fan. And only barely into 3D fighting games at all. So this is the first real time I've tried the series. I've tried a few chicks, and right now Xiaoyu seems to be my favorite. Asuka's pretty bitchin too though. My friend Heath's been pumped for it so we rented it and apparently he's played and mastered them all and been making people eat fists online with Bryan Fury and King

They rebuilt the entire "fighting engine" for 4, making it feel and play completely different from tekken 3 (and most people hated this). Tekken tag and tekken 5 got back on the right track again, and tekken 6 builds on tekken 5.

-edit-
Disregard what i said about Tag cause that was in between Tekken 3 and Tekken 4.

Nifleheim7
11-04-2009, 10:51 PM
First thing I want to get off my chest is the graphics. They are poor for PS3 standard, and that's no exaggeration. Everything looks fuzzy almost.

Turn off the crappy blur effect and you'll see a bit of improvement.

I'm very disappointed with how they force you to play the god-awful scenario campaign in order to unlock the characters.I think i unlocked 5 characters before i quitted out of boredom.
I just beat the arcade mode,played a few maches online (some were smooth,some were laggy) and haven't touched the game ever since i bought it (European release day.)

I'm a hardcore Tekken fan since T3,and i have to say that this is quite easily the worst game in the series.

NeoCracker
11-05-2009, 03:30 AM
Unlocking characters through the campaign only unlocks them in the campaign mode. Outside of it they are all ready to go. If you hate the campaign mode so much, theres no reason to force yourself to play it. Hell, you can even earn money in basically any other mode of play. :p

On that note, I've done decently with both Lili and Dragonov online. Won a few matches, lost a few. More so then what I won saddly. :(

Depression Moon
11-07-2009, 05:34 PM
First thing I want to get off my chest is the graphics. They are poor for PS3 standard, and that's no exaggeration. Everything looks fuzzy almost.
Has to be your TV because it's one of the prettiest things I've seen. Namco announced that they're going to patch this. Wish I had the money to get this game again.

Depression Moon
11-11-2009, 06:49 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1427/selphielisa.jpg (http://img407.imageshack.us/i/selphielisa.jpg/)

Kyros
11-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Well, it looked a lot better on my friends ginormous widescreen hd tv so maybe you should get one of those? When I get this game idk who I'll be maining though it is fun playing as Dr B's daughter (forgot her name :x), and Julia seems like she'll be fun.

Shattered Dreamer
11-13-2009, 01:12 AM
I bought this game today:D Personally I find the campaign mode kinda painful, the FMV's drag on so much! On the other hand the actually one on one stuff is still pure Tekken gold! I liked the way Tekken 5 was trying to refine the Tekken gameplay style & Tekken 6 continues to do so! Given that I've only played it for 30mins thus far I'll reserve proper judgment until I've played it a fair bit more!

Mirage
11-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Bought it yesterday for PS3. I live in Europe so if you do too, you might have good latencies with me. PSN is mirage-ness.

I suck absolute ass.

Rocket Edge
11-13-2009, 03:45 PM
^ Haha, I'm sure you're not too bad. I live in Ireland so I'm sure connection speeds will be decent enough. I'll give you guys a game.

JKTrix
11-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Came across this the other day. Prominent Tekken players with some video tutorials to teach you Tekken stuff.

YouTube - LevelUpYourGame's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/LevelUpYourGame)

Shattered Dreamer
11-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Tekken 6 got some more of my attention today having only played through Arena with Hwoarang & Bryan & cleared 2 campaign stages yesterday & can I just say...AWESOME!!!! I'm beginning to get to grips with the campaign mode now decided to stick with Lars & I'm glad I did with a little bit of practice I'm kicking some serious a$$ with him :D

Armour King definitely deserves a mention. He's like the perfect mix of Marduk & King, 2 characters I'm rather good with & I absolutely destroyed Azazel with him in spectacular fashion. Miguel & Dragunov also warrant an honorable mention.

Depression Moon
11-14-2009, 02:13 AM
I've been crazy making customizations with this. You guys already saw my Selphie costume. I made a couple of pippi long stocking ones too. one for Lili and the other for Alisa. I'll post pics later of my Hwoarang Cloud and Reno too.

At school yesterday we had a T6 play off. Our teacher didn't show up for class like usual and I brought in my PS3 along with T6, Uncharted 2, and LittleBigPlanet. most of the guys in my class are 360 guys and a couple of them were complaining about the analog stick not being high enough.

I was like "you don't use the analog for tekken that's for SF"

most of the guys in my class were just okay i guess because none of them have played T% in a while. I remained almost unbeatable in our session. I lost in a Christie Eddy mash up because my classmate was just a button masher and I'm used to playing people who know what they're doing. Regualr players have patterns and strategies. I look for holes in their strategies and exploit them. With a button masher I don't know what they're going to do.
I was wearing my tapout shirt too the same one that Armor King has.

I used Baek, Alisa, and Hwoarang mostly. One guy talked junk about my Baek customization like there was something wrong with it.

It felt good to actually play real people and not deal with the lag.

NeoCracker
11-14-2009, 03:14 AM
PSN: jiggledaddy

I'll look forward to dueling you at some point Mirage. :p

KentaRawr!
11-14-2009, 08:36 PM
More like "Don't use the Analog Stick the Analog Stick is for everything but fighting games!"

Depression Moon
11-14-2009, 11:45 PM
^^
Well for me it's easier for me to do circle moves in SF for the analog stick any other mmove that doesn't involve round motion I use the d-pad for.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/S-wo/TEKKEN6.png

I was thinking about making more FF characters but couldn't think of anyone else to do. I've already made Selphie, and Reno too. Anybody here have any requests?

Darkwolf090
11-15-2009, 12:11 AM
I have some issues with the new Tekken to be honest
I love what they did with my Kicker Hwodapotato but the newer chars bug me and by newer I mean Bob
Bob is the stupidest char in Tekken (Yes I think Gon is cooler.)
Other then that I love the other chars they added (<3 Miguel and Lars)
The fighting is the smoothest ive seen in any 3D fighter!
The Final boss pisses me off, cuz the only way to beat him is just spam weak punch via X for 360 or Square for PS3.
They gave Brain a counter and a shotgun move, happy day.
They made Hwodapotato faster and do more damage... not sure why but ok yay
And Steve is still an ass so hooray...
And of course Devil Jin is still cheap as :bou::bou::bou::bou:.... f@%! head....

Depression Moon
11-15-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm sorry but I'm confused. Who are Hwodapotato and Brain?

McLovin'
11-15-2009, 04:00 AM
Bob's awesome. He's ridiculous and when you get beat by him you feel pwned, by a fat man.

Darkwolf090
11-15-2009, 06:17 AM
Brain is Bryan cuz i am stupid whenz half asleep and cants remember the spellings of names.
Hwodapotato is what me and my friends call Hwoarang cuz they got sick of me kicking their asses with him.
Also no... Bob is retarded by far my most hated char of almost every fighting game I have ever played.

demondude
11-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Moar Panda

Shattered Dreamer
11-17-2009, 02:49 PM
They made Hwodapotato faster and do more damage... not sure why

When you play as Hwoarang in Arena mode read the story piece it says he trained to make himself faster & stronger to face Devil Jin which then never happens! Nice story telling you Namco a$$h*les!

Depression Moon
11-18-2009, 02:13 AM
Yeah a lot of fighting games stories are just boring or terrible. I actually haven't even seen a good story in a fighting game. Tekken had potential though.

Markus. D
11-18-2009, 02:49 AM
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody is wonderful <3

Guilty Gear X2#Reload is decent too.

Mirage
11-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Scenario campaign made it seem like they actually put some effort into the story. Yay.

Shattered Dreamer
11-18-2009, 03:30 PM
As far as gotten in the campaign thus far the story has been pretty good.

But the stories of some of the individual characters have fallen by the wayside. They turned Paul Phoenix into a brain dead douche I mean remember Paul in Tekken 3 returning after all those years for another crack at The King Of Iron Fist Tournament having come up just short against Kazuya in the semi-final in Tekken 2. I mean in Law's ending video they gave him diarrhea! Some badass he is:tongue:

The Hwoarang vs Devil Jin battle never got explored in Tekken 6. After the epic exploding motor bike scene in Hwoarang's Tekken 5 ending movie! He trains all that time to get stronger & never gets a crack at his nemesis. What bull$h*t!

The King, Marduk, Armour King story triangle doesn't really get explored much at all. Sure we see Armour King looking at a picture taken of him & the original Armour King ( Marduk accidentally killed the original Armour King in a bar fight in the time between Tekken 3 & 4), we see Marduk dig up Armour Kings grave only to be confronted by the new Armour King & King (for those that care the King in Tekken 6 is not the original. The original King died after Tekken 2 killed by Ogre prior to Tekken 3 apparently & our current Jaguar mask wearing friend took up the mantel before Tekken 3) finds the picture of 2 Armour Kings after accidental dropping his mentors picture. I mean come on is that it no confrontation between these 3 in Tekken 6 man I was pi$$ed off.

The inclusion of some of the characters from Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection from the PSP kinda had me a bit miffed at first as a pretty big Tekken fan I felt slapped in the face by Namco for not owning a PSP & having a chance before now to get to grips with them. But after a bit of practice Dragunov & Lili aren't half bad.

Tekken is a fighting game with such potential in the storyline department. Now having yet to finish the campaign mode maybe the main story arch might make me change my tune by the time I finish the game (which due to the trouble I have had beating Azazel with some of the weaker characters could take a while:mad2:) but only time will tell I suppose.

Mirage
11-18-2009, 03:34 PM
The inclusion of some of the characters from Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection from the PSP kinda had me a bit miffed at first as a pretty big Tekken fan I felt slapped in the face by Namco for not owning a PSP & having a chance before now to get to grips with them. But after a bit of practice Dragunov & Lili aren't half bad.

Besides being on arcades in japan, DR was also downloadable from PSN for PS3. It was bumped up to 1080p and runs at a constant 60 fps ;). I downloaded it about the same time as i got my PS3 i think. There's no real story mode in the PSN version though.

Depression Moon
11-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Sure we see Armour King looking at a picture taken of him & the original Armour King

Armor King has two endings though. If you remember he reveals that he was armor King's brother and that he wants to kill Marduk. Marduk accidentally killed the original Armor King? Hmm, I thought he did that on purpose.

Shattered Dreamer
11-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Sure we see Armour King looking at a picture taken of him & the original Armour King

Armor King has two endings though. If you remember he reveals that he was armor King's brother and that he wants to kill Marduk. Marduk accidentally killed the original Armor King? Hmm, I thought he did that on purpose.

Marduk's prologue in Tekken 4 says he accidentally killed somebody in a bar brawl! How can you get Armour Kings 2nd ending?

Depression Moon
11-18-2009, 11:52 PM
just play the game. Thae game automatically gives you endings and prologues if you neglect the arena like I do.

Shadow Bahamut
11-25-2009, 03:31 PM
i have loved the tekken series for years. i used to spend hours (and a lot of cash) in the arcades when i was a kid just endlessly playing Tekken 2, ever since then its been a fav. for sure.

i will, eventually, be adding T6 to my collection, but i think i'll wait a while til the price comes down, i don't think it's worth £35 of my hard earned cash just yet...

btw, Jin Kazama rawks my sawks...always has, always will... (inc. Devil Jin :cool:)

Rocket Edge
11-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Patch coming tomorrow apparently (26th Nov). It's to deal with the horrible lag online. You don't realize how badly this effects me. Everytime there's lag you have people for example with Law (who almost everyone picks) doing that ground and jumping combo he does on repeat. It will always work because your movements isn't processed in time to block it so he can do it all the time he wants. It's really annoying because I lost the last 4 games before I had to stop because of that single thing.

Anyway, I'm at Brawler status at the moment. What are you guys on (if you play online)?

Depression Moon
11-26-2009, 02:02 AM
Yesss Yess Yessss!

I'm just a 3rd Dan because I can't stand the underwater like movements.

Rocket Edge
11-26-2009, 02:21 AM
We should have a game DM, what's your PSN?

EDIT: This patch is the business. You get to choose which matches you want to play because it tells you before a ranked match what the signal strength will be. So, no more lag!

Up to Berserker status now with Yoshimitsu. I'm on a 24 game unbeaten streak ATM. So far 12th in the world with him. :jess:

Depression Moon
11-28-2009, 11:14 PM
I've tried the online now and actually it's pretty much the same for me. I've only seen red and yellow bars since this update, versus plenty of green before the update. It's funny because I had no problem finding green bars with SFIV. Oh and my ID is TheBlackTabard BTW.