PDA

View Full Version : Frugal

Chemical
10-23-2009, 06:28 AM
Random Question
Eyes on _____ Fantasy: What's the missing word?
Frugal

Anyways.

October 20, 2009
I'm assigned a client with a diagnosis of "Confusion, NYD." Blood glucose monitoring - check. Hygiene care - check. Assessment... wtf...Crackles all through out the lungs, total pleural effusion, 30 respirations a minute, Irregular heart beat, tachycardia, Blood pressure of 148/79. Jacked up oxygen therapy to 3.0 L min by nasal cannula, A diurectic was administered by IV push. Client is stable. Warden wants to move the client so... RPN pulls the oxygen treatment and the bed is rolled not a minute down the hall. RPN leaves me to set up the client and like instantly as soon as she walks out the door the client goes into respiratory distress. Bottoming out. Like. Their lips are cyanotic, they're fishing gasping for air, eyes bulging, blankly staring off.
I totally pulled a Wonder Woman and saved the day. Administered 3.0 L oxygen stat~! Elevated the head of the bed to a 70degree angle, grabbed the RPN & RN. RN administered another IV Lasix push. Thank modern medicine the client stabilized.

Translation: this clients lungs were so backed up with fluid they were gasping for air and their poor heart was just racing to try and clear that fluid out. Total left sided heart failure. We had to give a higher concentration of oxygen for a client whose lungs can't absorb enough from the air, diuretic causes the kidneys to be more permeable spilling more fluids and urine. [can cause hypokalemia or low potassium which is also really bad]. This person is about to go into cardiac arrest. And I totally stopped it from happening. Woo! Small victory.

I just wanted to share that experience,
Hopefully I've inspired you,
And one day, one of you will grow up to be just like me.

Shlup
10-23-2009, 06:31 AM
*hi5*

(Psst... wtf does this have to do with frugality?)

Rantz
10-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Awesome.

Breine
10-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Thumbs up. That's great!

Quindiana Jones
10-23-2009, 10:55 AM
I once punched a dinosaur.

Parker
10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
well done.....ur a hero.!

Also well done to the OP

Psychotic
10-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Final. :confused:

FaithWontFall
10-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Woo! Go you!:D
Can i see medals in your future?:)

rubah
10-23-2009, 05:02 PM
saving lives :up:

black orb
10-23-2009, 07:27 PM
>>> Good work Dr House.. :up:

Peegee
10-23-2009, 07:31 PM
# resourcefully using already owned economic goods and services, to
# achieve a longer term goal

That's the best I can do.

Today I drooled on my keyboard for 8 hours and went to see a late night show of Saw 6

What do you mean it hasn't happened yet? What do you mean past tense?