PDA

View Full Version : ff9 world map and summon help.

Ledious
10-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Call me a nube, but this is driving me insaine! I need remedies and I cant find a single place that has a store. Please tell me how to pull up the world map in ff9 and also, how do I use summons, I thought I just got one from that old guy who made me put together a story?

Rantz
10-24-2009, 12:12 AM
If you press Select it should bring a miniature map up in the corner. Press Select again and you'll get a big version. Here you can move a cursor around to see where there are towns in relation to you. Press Select once more to go back to normal.

To use summons you first need for Garnet or Eiko to learn them (they have different summons available to them). You learn a summon ability by equipping the accessory that teaches you that particular summon; the story quest given to you by Ramuh should have given you a Peridot. Equip Garnet with this as an accessory and she should be able to summon Ramuh in battle. Earn enough AP and she will learn that summon ability and won't need to keep the Peridot equipped to summon him.

Christmas
10-25-2009, 04:46 AM
How far are you in game? Got your airship? :bigsmile:

loza
10-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Call me a nube, but this is driving me insaine! I need remedies and I cant find a single place that has a store. Please tell me how to pull up the world map in ff9 and also, how do I use summons, I thought I just got one from that old guy who made me put together a story?

I can assume from this that you have just recived a summon for Garnet, Ramuh correct?

You should be able (or have been able to) gather some remedies from Lindblum when you went there afterwards BUT if you didn't you can get some from the moggles and (1) worker from the Fossil Roo. If you missed that too you should be able to get some from the items store in Conde Pete or Black Mage Village.

The map, Yes Select is the way to go, the ammount of times you press it changes the different view you have on the map.

Summons are done by Garnet/Dagger (whatever you preference) and Eiko.
You need to equip the item (Periot) you were given to learn the Summon, only Dagger can learn that summon. Also, don;t worry too much because Dagger wll soon be getting some more gems to learn from.

Does this help you? ^^

Ledious
10-31-2009, 02:02 AM

I can assume from this that you have just recived a summon for Garnet, Ramuh correct?

You should be able (or have been able to) gather some remedies from Lindblum when you went there afterwards BUT if you didn't you can get some from the moggles and (1) worker from the Fossil Roo. If you missed that too you should be able to get some from the items store in Conde Pete or Black Mage Village.

The map, Yes Select is the way to go, the ammount of times you press it changes the different view you have on the map.

Summons are done by Garnet/Dagger (whatever you preference) and Eiko.
You need to equip the item (Periot) you were given to learn the Summon, only Dagger can learn that summon. Also, don;t worry too much because Dagger wll soon be getting some more gems to learn from.

Does this help you? ^^
yes it does, thank you very much guys! ^_^ ok, ON TO MORE GRINDING! -_^

How far are you in game? Got your airship? :bigsmile:na, not yet. -_-

If you press Select it should bring a miniature map up in the corner. Press Select again and you'll get a big version. Here you can move a cursor around to see where there are towns in relation to you. Press Select once more to go back to normal.

To use summons you first need for Garnet or Eiko to learn them (they have different summons available to them). You learn a summon ability by equipping the accessory that teaches you that particular summon; the story quest given to you by Ramuh should have given you a Peridot. Equip Garnet with this as an accessory and she should be able to summon Ramuh in battle. Earn enough AP and she will learn that summon ability and won't need to keep the Peridot equipped to summon him.OHH ok, that's how you equip them, thanx! ^_^

Ledious
11-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Sigh Crap. Well att your help worked until I got to the 3rd disk...which doesn't work. It freezes during the loading time right after Garnet gets off the boat in Alexandria and they are talking about making her queen. This is like the 3rd time I have borrowed ff9 from someone that doesn't work. DX

Quindiana Jones
11-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Take it to a games shop and have it cleaned. Or clean it yourself. Or spend the £20+ buying a new copy for yourself, which is a ridiculous price but still very worth the money.

Christmas
11-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Or you can PM the poster above for a copy, he is a very nice person. :bigsmile:

Saber
11-04-2009, 01:06 AM
I got a question that is on topic of summons and such. When you get Garnet early on can you level her enough to actually use her summons or do you have to re learn them with those gem items? I've always wondered.

Depression Moon
11-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Are you talking about before or after you get Peridot? If you're saying before, no it's impossible for her to use summons then. once you've obtained the Periodt and other gemstones you'll have to keep it equipped on her until the AP bar fills all the way up so she can keep it.

Saber
11-04-2009, 03:13 AM
Yeah when you first start the game she has summons that you can't use cause it costs too much MP. This is before you recieve Ramuh and the peridot. Anyways you answered my question. I just figured if you did level up enough you could use them, you just need to get enough MP.

Quindiana Jones
11-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm fairly certain that Garnet can use all her summons as soon as they are on her list. The only barrier to using them early on in the game is the high MP cost. However, if you levelled up enough (A LOT), then she should be able to use them. But it's kind of a waste. xD

Darth Cid
11-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Unbelievably, it took a while to get used to equipment giving you abilities. The last FF before this one I played was FFIV and I was too used to leveling up and learning abilities.

GrandTheftSteve
01-12-2010, 01:03 AM
I managed to level up garnet enough to use Shiva against that worm thing on the way to Alexandria. way before getting ramuh
But to be honest it wasn't worth the effort :/

joerevs300
03-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah I started about my 6th or 7th playthrough with FFIX and I was real tempted to try...but OMG. The real first chance you have of even dying IMO is against Beatrix, and I honestly don't think any of the summons (short of Bahamut) would make much of a difference anyways.