PDA

View Full Version : What will you do about this funny case?

Haveaniceday
10-25-2009, 11:47 AM
A donkey at an Algerian market ate the money of a man who came to buy him, making the unfortunate buyer and the owner wonder who the animal belongs to, an Algerian newspaper reported.
Al Shuruk al Yawmi, a newspaper published in the northern Algerian town of Tizi Ouzou, said the customer and the seller were traditionally bargaining for price for too long and failed to notice the donkey consuming the stack of banknotes meant as a payment for him.
Neither the Tizi Ouzou district court nor the city court were able to make a ruling that would satisfy both parties, so the case was passed on to the Algerian Supreme Court in the hope that it will resolve the bitter dispute.
Then what's your idea about this case?

Quindiana Jones
10-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Cut the donkey in half and give both parties equal share.

FaithWontFall
10-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Thats an odd story. Its their fault for just leaving money lying around, if the donkey hadnt eaten it someone would probably have stolen it. (ok maybe not, but im just saying is it common to leave a large sum of money lying around.)
It is the guy who first owned the donkey who still owns the donkey however it was his donkey that ate the other guys money so he owes him, his payment may aswell e the donkey.
Hmm... but then the first owner doesnt get any money.
Do we know what the verdict was yet?

Agent Proto
10-25-2009, 12:34 PM
It's a win-lose-lose situation

The donkey wins because money = food
The buyer loses because he lost money, but also wins because he pretty much paid for the donkey.
The seller loses because he doesn't make money since donkey ate the money, but wins for getting rid of a crappy donkey.

This case really sucks for both parties, except the donkey. The only best solution left is to kill the donkey for being an ass.

Quindiana Jones
10-25-2009, 12:36 PM
An ass. *snigger*

Christmas
10-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Can we open up the donkey and try to glue the money back before it digest it? :bigsmile:

Meat Puppet
10-25-2009, 01:06 PM
sounds like something I would expect from the disney channel, but irl? i am ashamed.

Psychotic
10-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Tizi Ouzou is that kind of place, to be honest. There's always something wacky going on there.

Laddy
10-25-2009, 04:52 PM
How cute!

Bunny
10-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Tizi Ouzou is that kind of place, to be honest. There's always something wacky going on there.

They had a dry spell back in the 90s though.

black orb
10-25-2009, 07:12 PM
>>> People need to be more careful with their money..

Jessweeee♪
10-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Well if he waits he'll get his money back. I don't think it'll be any good in bite-sized pieces, though.

NorthernChaosGod
10-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Can we open up the donkey and try to glue the money back before it digest it? :bigsmile:

I approve wholeheartedly.

Jiro
10-26-2009, 08:41 AM
I say the donkey gets set free and uses the money he's got to get to the Bahamas where he can live it up in style