PDA

View Full Version : Left, Left, Left, right, Left!

Freya
10-28-2009, 12:08 AM
I tried to write with my left hand last night and it was hard! I'm naturally a righty but damnit I want to be able to write with both hands! So I was working on my left handed writing.

Are you a righty or a lefty? Would you like to be able to write with the other hand?

Christmas
10-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Who need hands when this bloke (http://forums.eyesonff.com/artists-forum/125968-my-art.html) here do stuff with his mouth. :bigsmile:

theundeadhero
10-28-2009, 12:16 AM
I can use both my right and left hand but I'm much better at it with my right hand.
Even so, I'll never say no to mouth art.

Shattered Dreamer
10-28-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm right handed & can't write with my left. But I'm a right hand person who works from the left (hard to explain & very awkward) According to my Mother before I broke my right arm when I was 3 I used to do everything with my left hand & for whatever reason when the right arm healed I started using it exclusively. Weird I think!

NorthernChaosGod
10-28-2009, 12:33 AM
I used to be very right-hand dominant, but after years of playing guitar and piano I can write well enough with my left.

I have :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty handwriting either way though.

Namelessfengir
10-28-2009, 12:59 AM
my sister and i are leftys but our parents are rightys

writing with my left looks like :bou::bou::bou::bou: and the right looks worse, and for some reason i write with a mix of print and cursive... messed up

Yar
10-28-2009, 01:03 AM
I do most stuff with my right hand except writing. :confused: But lucky me I don't curve my hand around the pencil when I write like most lefties. :bigsmile:

Fujiko
10-28-2009, 02:38 AM
I was born a lefty, I always used my left hand; everything was also on opposite terms for me; for instance, when I ate using a fork and a knife, I held the fork with my right hand and cut with the left (holding the knife). I used to wear my watch on right wrist. Everything was on the opposite for me, compared to everyone around me.

Now, one day when I had just started going to kindergarten, my teachers noticed how my brother and I were lefties and had a sudden fit; she forced us to unlearn our left hand usage and learn how to use our right hand for everything; writing, cutting with scissors, eating etc etc. Why? Well, apparently we lefties were still considered aliens in our society back then, in Sweden (my birthyear is 1983), and using your left was just wrong. So it took me a while to be able to use my right hand, and guess what happened after a few months and years? Those hags were successful in their goal of my unlearning my lefty style; today I can't write with my left very well, I handle the scissors with my right, and I play tennis with my right hand. Those cruel demons :( This is just so sad. I'm so sad! How could they?! >:(

Anyway, I still do other stuff better with my left hand, but approx 80% of my lefty side has either deserted me completely or is on the verge of extinction.

Lefties aren't aliens! >:[

Edit: my brother never accomplished it though; he's still a lefty in everything; including being a southpaw in tennis. I guess his recessive genes were stubborn enough to outclass his dominant ones; he can barely do squat decently with his right hand whilst I can use both with alot of things xD. But good for him! He resisted the demon hags' evil powers, at least! x)

rubah
10-28-2009, 03:17 AM
I gave up practicing ambidexitry after I scored low on an English test that I took notes for left-handed.

The Space Pope
10-28-2009, 04:03 AM
I have servants that follow me around and jot down my thoughts.

Tavrobel
10-28-2009, 04:16 AM
I'm generally right handed, but I can write with my left if I need to.

Jessweeee♪
10-28-2009, 05:03 AM
I'm left-handed. I hate when right handed people take the lefty desks and I have to lean way to the side as I write. Some of the smaller desks hurt my back that way ;_;

Meat Puppet
10-28-2009, 08:35 AM
I do pretty much everything with my left hand, but I masturbate with my right.

Jiro
10-28-2009, 10:47 AM
My left hand can do things, it just can't do them well. So I can write left handed. But it's hard enough reading my writing with my right hand.

41-Inches-Wide
10-28-2009, 11:43 AM
I know someone who can write using eyes!

Laddy
10-28-2009, 12:49 PM
I have GAD, bad handwriting is a given.

I'm a righty. :D

Breine
10-28-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm a righty. I can also write with my left hand.. it's just not that pretty.