PDA

View Full Version : How To Get To Heaven When You Die

xfrodobagginsx
10-29-2009, 03:34 AM
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will confess to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, accept Him as Lord and Savior and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead you will be saved.

Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please humble yourself before God and pray this prayer to Him from your heart:

"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

I Took the Red Pill
10-29-2009, 03:38 AM
k

Momiji
10-29-2009, 03:38 AM
Not this again.

roto ;;

krissy
10-29-2009, 03:41 AM
If you prayed that prayer to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

but
there's a whole lot of future to screw up in

Laddy
10-29-2009, 03:46 AM
Are you joking?

I've got nothing against Christianity myself, but you do realize that most of the people here are either atheistic or anti-Christian, right?

krissy
10-29-2009, 03:48 AM
a den of wolves is exactly where one should preach laddy
although in this case this is more of a den of corgies isn't it

rubah
10-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Haven't I read this before?

Mirage
10-29-2009, 03:49 AM
best troll ever

rubah
10-29-2009, 03:50 AM
Ah, yes.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/121357-how-get-heaven-when-you-die.html http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/121208-how-get-heaven-when-you-die.html

I'd say "use the old thread" but it appears they're locked. Carry on, then!

Anyways, I already accepted JC, but then I decided he wasn't actually there.

I did talk to a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses the other day. I think the only reason atheists are the only ones who talk to them is twofold:
1) most christians are actually afraid to challenge their faith
2) atheists like to show off.

What do you guys think?

Momiji
10-29-2009, 04:03 AM
What do you guys think?
At this point, I really don't care. Maybe one day I will. Right now, I don't. I'm just here for the ride right now. I'll worry about why I'm on it some other time.

Peegee
10-29-2009, 04:15 AM
God determines whether you go to heaven or not. Not your actions (your good actions). Consequently as I understand it, prayer helps, but in the end your fate is in God's hands.

All the same, I call shenanigans on this guy.

The Space Pope
10-29-2009, 04:39 AM
My religion is the only true religion, and as Pope, I feel the need to tell everyone that none of you will ever see Heaven no matter how hard you pray or how good a person you are.

But for the low low price of $1,995.95, you, yes YOU can reserve a spot in the kingdom of eternal happiness! Worried about whether your money will actually be well spent beyond the grave? No matter, you'll be dead and won't be able to sue!

..I mean, uhhhm

DO IT

Tavrobel
10-29-2009, 04:51 AM
Nope, but I'm sure that I'm going to Hell. Either way, I don't care.

He betrayed me in the past anyways. Me and my friend, we were supposed to get this really bad killer back when I was working for the ISSP, but He was corrupt, and I got ambushed. It's how I lost my arm.

Raistlin
10-29-2009, 05:24 AM
a den of wolves is exactly where one should preach laddy
although in this case this is more of a den of corgies isn't it

Yeah, I remember seeing a bunch of people like this at IIDB (Internet Infidels) back when I went there. Or the website/blog of some major atheist figure (Dawkins, PZ, etc.). Those are "dens of wolves." EoFF? Doesn't even compare.

That being said, it would still be entertaining if the thread maker actually stuck around. However, I sincerely doubt it, since this sounds very mass-produced.

Vermachtnis
10-29-2009, 05:36 AM
BURN THE WITCH!

Momiji
10-29-2009, 05:40 AM
That being said, it would still be entertaining if the thread maker actually stuck around. However, I sincerely doubt it, since this sounds very mass-produced.

He stuck around a year ago. That's kind of how and when Roto got banned :(

Agrias
10-29-2009, 06:53 AM
I was raised as a Jehovahs Witness. Although i am not in that religion right now, i still believe most of the teachings. However, i hope you know that most people here could care less about your rants. You're talking to people who would rather praise Hojo. ;o

Breine
10-29-2009, 08:28 AM
k

xD

Anyway, not religious.

NeoCracker
10-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Hojo is one sexy beast. I'd get on my hands and knees to pray to him any day...

I mean.....

It's to late to save myself, isn't it?

Jiro
10-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Last time I read this, I thought the same thing - this doesn't mean anything to me. I just don't understand why some omnipotent and omnipresent being would care whether you prayed to him or not. Surely he's got better things to do then worry about your problems.

Religion is just something people use to give them hope. I have my own crap to give me hope.

Good to see you back xfrodobagginsx. Try not to get someone else banned this time. We miss Roto.

Christmas
10-29-2009, 12:28 PM
I dun really live to prepare for my DEATH and where I will be staying after that. :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
10-29-2009, 12:40 PM

God works in mysterious ways. :)

Laddy
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Should I get the Gay Jesus image?

Jiro
10-29-2009, 01:00 PM
I dun really live to prepare for my DEATH and where I will be staying after that. :bigsmile:

That is probably the deepest thing I have ever seen said with a :bigsmile: attached to it.

Timekeeper
10-29-2009, 04:37 PM

This is a great point!

But what if this heaven was full of beer volcanoes and had a stripper factory?

Momiji
10-29-2009, 07:15 PM

God works in mysterious ways. :)

:colbert:

rubah
10-29-2009, 07:45 PM
:doublecolbert:

Roto surely is smiling on us from ban-Heaven right now.

leader of mortals
10-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Personally, I have no religion. I don't believe that, if there is a god, he would want only one single religion to be thought of as "correct". Think about it, there are and always have been many, many religions, so how do we know that only 1 is correct? We have been brainwashed all of our lives to believe 1 religion, and, even if there is a god and that 1 religion is correct, I do not see how a god will want us to have no free thought on the subject.

I believe that, if there is a god, God would want religious freedom.

Also, I believe in Evolution, but I find the Big Bang to be quite odd, and I also find the thought of a magical, infinitely powerful being to just exist out of nothing to be even odder. I believe that, if there is a god, he created the world and simple beings, and evolution created us.

black orb
10-29-2009, 08:34 PM
>>> Worship god and not the devil.. thats enough to go to Heaven (i guess).

Meat Puppet
10-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Technically I died a fortnight ago, and I can tell you in confidence that I am not going to heaven (although, from the looks of it, nobody is).

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-30-2009, 04:57 AM
I'm all pro-religious and stuff but Internet Evangelism? COME ON.

I rather dance naked under a full moon. Actually, that does sound fun...

Jessweeee♪
10-30-2009, 05:08 AM
Lately I've been picturing God as a scientist guy with the white lab coat and the thick safety goggles and all that.

Tavrobel
10-30-2009, 05:48 AM

I would pay for that.

10-30-2009, 05:52 AM

I would pay for that.

Too cold right now though. :S

Make me a fire first!

Also, how much would you pay? :D

Tavrobel
10-30-2009, 05:54 AM
Too cold right now though. :S

Make me a fire first!

Also, how much would you pay? :D

I'll raise you a Firey and one of my Magical Staves.

10-30-2009, 05:57 AM
You'll raise one of your Magical Staves, eh? I didn't realize some guys had more than one. ;)

Tavrobel
10-30-2009, 05:58 AM
Depends on how loose your interpretation of "Staves" is, and whether or not being attached is necessarily an exclusive property.

10-30-2009, 06:01 AM
It is as loose as my morals. :D

XxSephirothxX
10-30-2009, 06:05 AM
You guys don't need to miss roto13! Just go to any other videogame site on the internet and you'll find him there.

Momiji
10-30-2009, 06:08 AM
But that'd... require going to another video game site =<

What other site has religion threads that get derailed into CLAMP threads? None, I tell you.

Timekeeper
10-30-2009, 10:05 AM
You guys don't need to miss roto13! Just go to any other videogame site on the internet and you'll find him there.

Heresy!

Quindiana Jones
10-30-2009, 10:31 AM
I don't really like the idea of living in the same house as a repeating genocidal maniac. :(

xfrodobagginsx
12-03-2009, 04:50 AM
Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer at the bottom of it from your heart to God.

Christmas
12-03-2009, 05:01 AM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/emoticons/usagi_wish.gif

Rantz
12-03-2009, 11:21 AM
I don't think this needed to be revived.