PDA

View Full Version : >> Game delopers/publishers you want to kick in the balls..

black orb
10-29-2009, 09:12 PM
>>> Which Japanese game developer/publisher do you want to kick in the balls for not releasing their games on North America??

Personally I think those people of Namco Bandai should be kicked in the balls really hard for not releasing Tales of Rebirth (PS2/PSP) and Namco X Capcom (PS2)..

JKTrix
10-29-2009, 09:14 PM
And Super Robot Wars.

edit: actually, Atlus has published 3 of Bandai's Super Robot Wars games in English (though they're not the ones we really want...) and the most recent one featured the main characters from NxC. So double boo-urns.

black orb
10-29-2009, 09:24 PM
>>> Squarenix deserves a good kick too for " Itadaki Street Special" (PS2/PSP/DS)..

Markus. D
10-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist.

I know it exists! They say it doesn't BUTIKNOWITDOES *twitch* *higurashi laughter*

Zeromus_X
10-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Personally I think those people of Namco Bandai should be kicked in the balls really hard for not releasing Tales of Rebirth (PS2/PSP) and Namco X Capcom (PS2)..

And Tales of Phantasia (PS1), Tales of Destiny 2 (PS2/P), Tales of Destiny Remake (PS2), and Tales of Innocence (NDS)...thank goodness for fan translations.

Momiji
10-29-2009, 11:09 PM
UFO Interactive.

http://z2-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0029MAXPO.01._SX598_SCLZZZZZZZ_V218194053_.jpg

'Arcade Shooter Ilvelo'? Category: Retro? Unforgivably bad cover art that hardly lets the buyer know what the game is supposed to be? Go play in traffic.

Oh, and XS Games. Mobile Light Force (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Light_Force) and Mobile Light Force 2 Gunbird and Shikigami no Shiro do NOT have stupid generic Charlie's Angels-esque characters in them.

Sickening.

Bolivar
10-30-2009, 01:43 AM
Wow, obviously Sega for the recent Yakuza games, that really needs to happen and I can only hope that this "PSN Imports" idea takes off.

Sega again for the Shining Force III additional parts, now would be the time to do this, maybe also on the PSN Imports possibility.

Skyblade
10-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Wow, obviously Sega for the recent Yakuza games, that really needs to happen and I can only hope that this "PSN Imports" idea takes off.

Sega again for the Shining Force III additional parts, now would be the time to do this, maybe also on the PSN Imports possibility.

Sega for the later parts of SFIII definitely!

Wolf Kanno
10-30-2009, 04:04 AM
Squenix for every special edition version of their games they feel deserves to be kept in Japan exclusively. As well as Seiken Denetsu 3, Front Mission 5, and Front Mission Online.

Atlus needs to get off their ass and release Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2 which were remade for GBA and Playstation. You mean you can't translate them and release them either on the DS, PSP, or DLC? Let's also not forget Persona 2: Innocent Sin...

Monolith Soft for Xenosaga I and II for DS as well as for Pied Piper.

krissy
10-30-2009, 04:16 AM
Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist.

I know it exists! They say it doesn't BUTIKNOWITDOES *twitch* *higurashi laughter*

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Vermachtnis
10-30-2009, 04:26 AM

And Tales of Phantasia (PS1), Tales of Destiny 2 (PS2/P), Tales of Destiny Remake (PS2), and Tales of Innocence (NDS)...thank goodness for fan translations.

And Tales of Hearts.

Man they really don't like the Tales fans.

Laddy
10-30-2009, 04:29 AM
Rockstar. Even though it's not Japanese, I just hate them.

Oh, and Namco, gimme Tales games. >.<

Bolivar
10-30-2009, 04:49 AM
Atlus needs to get off their ass and release Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2 which were remade for GBA and Playstation. You mean you can't translate them and release them either on the DS, PSP, or DLC? Let's also not forget Persona 2: Innocent Sin...

That's why Sony is trying to get a "PSN Imports" part of the Playstation Store. That way developers don't need to set up packaging for retail, port the code to a specific region, or hire any fleshed out localization team.

All they would have to do is get a couple people to translate the text, and put the file up for download. I actually think a game like Yakuza 3 would play pretty awesome like that.

Madame Adequate
10-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Didn't someone make some game that was basicalyly Armored Core but with the gameplay of Virtual On?

If that's true, then them. For not releasing it here. If not, then me, for making up something truly awesome. That does not exist. :(

Dreddz
10-30-2009, 05:40 PM
I'd give Sega a right kicking for not making sequels to Jet Set Radio and Phantasy Star yet. Although I'm still fond of them for releasing games like Bayonetta and Yakuza. So maybe I'd give them a gentle hug afterwards to ease the pain.

EDIT - Forgot Shenmue III. Now that was unexcusable. You don't leave a franchise off on a "To be Continued" sign. They could easily just scrap together a title for the PSP or DS if they don't want to shell out on another console game. Just give us something Sega.

KentaRawr!
10-30-2009, 06:01 PM
I hated how Phantasy Star Universe was advertised as the next main Phantasy Star title, as well as the next Phantasy Star Online title. It wasn't well received by either fanbase. :p

Anyway, I think I'd kick whoever decided not to release Seiken Densetsu 3 over here. But then I wonder, would I really like it as much if it was localized?

Rocket Edge
10-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Bullfrog, for not going ahead with Dungeon Keeper 3.

Psychokitty
10-30-2009, 09:02 PM
You know, when I first saw this topic, I thought it said, "Game developers/publishers you want to lick in the balls."

black orb
10-30-2009, 09:49 PM
You know, when I first saw this topic, I thought it said, "Game developers/publishers you want to lick in the balls."
>>> Yeah, thats exactly why english fails..

Psychokitty
10-31-2009, 02:21 AM
English fails?

And I'd want to kick Square Enix in the balls. o.o

Disseida was just a crack attempt to get more money. You do NOT mix all the final fantasy's together!!!!!

And Sega needs soem pain too! I mean, come on! Sonic Unleashed?!?! They stole that from Star ars: Force unleashed! And all they did was fuse Shadow, Knuckles and Sonic together, and called him a werehog! And wtf is this about another world guardian/evil thingy!? Wasn't Chaos enough??? And I though Dr. Robotnick stopped trying to kill sonic after Sonic Adventure 2! And what happened to Angel Island? It didn't even exist in this one!

black orb
10-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Disseida was just a crack attempt to get more money. You do NOT mix all the final fantasy's together!!!!!

>>> Kingdom Hearts is a crack attempt to get more money, Dissidia was an attempt to please the old school FF fans..

Fonzie
10-31-2009, 05:53 PM
The developers for Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4.

Let's just kick Capcom's collective asses!

Vermachtnis
10-31-2009, 05:55 PM
The developers for Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4.

Let's just kick Capcom's collective asses!

Let's do it. A kick for everyday Legends 3 isn't announced as well!

black orb
11-01-2009, 01:21 AM
>>> Now someone needs to go to Japan and deliver all those painful kicks personally..http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/Luca-Walk-Front.gif

Psychokitty
11-01-2009, 01:24 AM
o.o

*steps away from the stand*

Not me!... Though Japan sounds nice... :D Just stay away from Whalers!

Vermachtnis
11-01-2009, 01:30 AM
http://i38.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/m9yogx.jpg

Dojima's on the case!

NorthernChaosGod
11-01-2009, 04:50 AM
Squeenix, for shutting down Chrono Resurrection.

Chrono Resurrection - Project discontinued (http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/)

Vyk
11-02-2009, 03:57 AM

Sega for the later parts of SFIII definitely!

Oh Sega. How I loved thee. Despite your STUPID... IDIOTIC business decisions. I want Dragon Force 2 ;_;

Jessweeee♪
11-02-2009, 04:10 AM
Who's idea was it to only release the second half of Persona 2 to the US?

:mad2:

And who's idea was it to scrap the manga sequel to Threads of Fate and recycle the new ideas for another Square game?

:mad2:

leader of mortals
11-02-2009, 05:23 PM
A kick for everyday Legends 3 isn't announced as well!

I... I think I love you...

Shauna
11-02-2009, 07:47 PM
http://i38.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/m9yogx.jpg

Dojima's on the case!

<3333

Konami. For not releasing Suikoden III over here in the UK. D:

Levian
11-03-2009, 03:13 AM
Capcom for buying Clock Tower and only make one installment of it.

Blizzard for not making Lost Vikings 3. Get over warcraft already :(