PDA

View Full Version : V

Namelessfengir
10-30-2009, 01:54 AM
V

whos looking forward to this...

its a classic evil alien benefactors stories

the eighties version was pretty good and im curious to see how much they butcher it

The Space Pope
10-30-2009, 02:03 AM
V looks like an upside down pair of legs.

Levian
10-30-2009, 02:34 AM
TV-Series?

*moves to The Lounge*

Bunny
10-30-2009, 03:20 AM
Inara is in it. That means I'll watch at least the first episode without question.

Freya
11-04-2009, 02:43 AM
I liked it! :D I liked the whole warning from the priest saying, "it could turn to devotion" and then at the end said to him, "they have a powerful weapon, Devotion" it was a LOL I SEE WHAT YOU DID THAR ;)

Elly
11-04-2009, 03:50 AM
the guy that played Walsh in Firefly is also in it, i just watched it a couple hours ago and it really did justice to the spirit of the original...

Moon Rabbits
11-04-2009, 03:54 AM
Juliet is in it isn't she? I'm sold.

McLovin'
11-04-2009, 05:03 AM
Very War-of-the-Worlds-like just without mindless conquering. Looking good.

Shlup
11-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Inara is in it. That means I'll watch at least the first episode without question.

I said almost those exact words to BJ.

I'mma watch it prolly Thursday after BJ's off on tour and I'm alone again.

Del Murder
11-04-2009, 06:24 PM
It was good, but I don't see how a long series with many seasons can be made from it. There are only so many episodes you can make about building resistance to the Vs with most of the world in the dark. Eventually their plans will have to come to action and after that, then what? It will be interesting to see what they do after the pilot, which was very good.

I'm noticing that these new serial dramas (V, Flashforward) are lacking. Part of it is decent characters, part of it is a sustainable plot. What makes Lost and 24 (and to a lesser extent Heroes) so successful is more than just a gripping plot. Imagine 24 without Jack Bauer or self-contained seasons. Imagine Lost without Sawyer, Hurley, Locke, Ben, etc. Lost was never about crazy stuff happening on an island, it was about how all these characters, whose lives are intertwined, dealt with all the crazy stuff happening on this island. Heroes also has good characters, but it's a good example of how :bou::bou::bou::bou: can hit the fan without careful planning once the initial high wears off.

I like these shows and I hope they continue, but I have my doubts on their ability to last.

Flying Mullet
11-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Aww man, I forgot to set the DVR to tape the first part last night. :(

Namelessfengir
11-04-2009, 07:21 PM
i taped it last night so im watching it now

edit: that was pretty damn good

Elly
11-05-2009, 02:45 AM
if you missed it or didn't set your DVR, they will be putting it up on their website this Saturday...

ABC.com - V - Home (http://abc.go.com/shows/v/index)

~*~Celes~*~
11-05-2009, 02:54 AM
I thought it was pretty interesting. We'll see how it turns out :D

Raistlin
11-05-2009, 03:20 AM
I thought it was only decent, but with enough potential to make me interested in watching future episodes. I think they just tried to cram way too much into the first episode - between switching back-and-forth between characters and scenes every minute or two, there just was very limited character development. It all seemed very cursory and haphazard. However, there does seem to be plenty of potential for future good episodes.

G13
11-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I watched the '80s version of it the other day (and possibly an earlier version before that, I didn't see when it was made but it looked bad compared to the one after it). I think I'll stick to that right now. It was good but I'm not one to flip on the t.v. religiously every designated night to watch my stories. I'll wait 'til it's all on DVD and watch them consecutively.

SeeDRankLou
11-09-2009, 03:55 PM
I saw V, I thought it was rather enternaining. But like ABC's other new series Flashforward, I really don't see how this series will be around for that many seasons. Still, it will be good to watch until it ends.

Elly
11-11-2009, 12:48 AM
episode 2 airs tonight in 12 minutes... can't wait to see where this goes...

LunarWeaver
11-11-2009, 01:31 AM
I thought it was only decent, but with enough potential to make me interested in watching future episodes. I think they just tried to cram way too much into the first episode - between switching back-and-forth between characters and scenes every minute or two, there just was very limited character development. It all seemed very cursory and haphazard. However, there does seem to be plenty of potential for future good episodes.

This wraps up what I was going to say.

Shlup
11-11-2009, 02:07 AM

This wraps up what I was going to say.

Same. Except I spent the majority of the episode screaming "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" for various reasons.

Freya
11-11-2009, 03:54 AM
This episode kinda drug on a bit for me. :/ It's an ok show to watch but it's not making me squeal with delight.

Raistlin
11-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Again, the episode was kind of average. At least it was a bit more focused with some further character development, but I still have trouble giving a damn about any of them.

The Man
11-17-2009, 10:41 AM
I like it. It's not Lost quality or anything, but the atmosphere of paranoia the show establishes resonates nicely with me, megalomaniacal paranoiac that I am, and I think it has potential to develop into something quite a lot more than the sum of its parts. Plus it has some stellar actors. As for how this will develop into a multi-season epic, I was distinctly under the impression that it wouldn't. From what I understand, it's going to have a limited run and that'll be it. There's only so much story to be told and there's no sense drawing a show out into more than it needs to be.

Elly
11-17-2009, 12:57 PM
if i remember correctly the original was fairly short as well with just a mini-series, a full season series, and a finalizing movie... also new episode tonight at 7...

The Man
11-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Yeah, the original mini-series was only four episodes long, although they were two-hour episodes. Granted, they eventually made a sequel.

McLovin'
11-25-2009, 05:02 AM
Not another episode till March? Didn't they learn from their mistakes with that 3 month hiatus for Lost?

Shlup
11-25-2009, 05:16 AM
Seeeeeriously? I haven't watched the newest one yet, but the first three were not interesting enough for me to remember to tune back in in March.

Freya
11-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Oh snap good thing I stopped watching it. :p

Raistlin
11-25-2009, 06:01 AM
Yeah, March is ridiculous. This episode finally started to show a little more promise, too. Oh well.

eestlinc
11-29-2009, 06:38 AM
I liked the book a lot better.

The Man
12-01-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm reading it now. Something tells me the writers didn't really have faithfulness to the source material in mind when they developed the TV series though :monster:

Polaris
12-02-2009, 12:39 AM
I watched it on Saturday on portuguese television and actually sat to watch almost the entire episode. Then I did "some" research on Wikipedia and it's written that there will be only 4 episodes if I'm not mistaken List of V (2009 TV series) episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_V_(2009_TV_series)_episodes) so I don't think it'll be these boring endless series :)

Raistlin
12-02-2009, 03:44 AM
No, those are just the four episodes that have already aired. More are coming in March. The series overview on that same wiki page indicates that there will be 13 episodes.

Kamiko
12-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I just started watching it on hulu, but March? Jeez.
I can't decide if I like it or not yet, but I'm a sucker for aliens.

The Man
12-10-2009, 04:27 AM
I'm a sucker for paranoia. So I'll be tuning back in come March, but I won't be happy about the delay.