PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Vacation?

Laddy
10-30-2009, 04:31 AM
What was your fav vacation?

For me, it was probably San Juan, Puerto Rico. Splendind people, visual beauty, great life, and the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time, The Rainforest.

Wbu?

Shlup
10-30-2009, 04:43 AM
Can I pick three favorites?

1) For our honeymoon, BJ and I stayed here (http://rockhousehotel.com) in Jamaica. We had out own thatched-roof hut on the edge of the water (I think it's the one all the way to the right in the picture, actually). The water was warm, and the shower was outside. I ate some sort of lobster dish every day and it was just the two of us.

2) Three days after our honeymoon, BJ and I went on a two-week Alaskan cruise with his family. The first week on the boat was glorious, and the second week on the bus/train was beautiful.

3) At the beginning of this month I spent three weeks in Butthole Nowhere, Oklahoma. I got to be with my best friend and watch her have a baby. It was horrifying and awesome, and I got to be with Peanut for his first week of life.

Soon BJ and I will go on another vacation. We like to travel. :} In fact, right now he's on tour as a roadie, touring the country.

rubah
10-30-2009, 04:57 AM
it's not san juan unless your flight gets delayed while they sweep lizards off the runway :cool:

St. Croix was amazing. Wish I was older to appreciate it better xD

TheAbominatrix
10-30-2009, 08:56 AM
I haven't been too many places, but Portland Oregon was probably my favorite. Lovely weather, awesome people, great music scene. Voodoo donuts and egg rolls at Saturday market. Such a great place that I plan to move there!

Second would be when me and Rigel went to Philadelphia, and from there to New York. Got to see the Mutters Museum in Philly and consumed interesting papers stamped with Obama's face at Central Park in New York. Amazing cities :)

Rantz
10-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Either Crete, Greece, or my roadtrip through Scotland.

Quindiana Jones
10-30-2009, 10:33 AM
So far my favourite has been my 6 weeks in Canada and America. ALL OF IT.

Rye
10-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Being in England is pretty great, though I actually like Reading much than London. I'm still holding reservation for London since I was only in a touristy part of it, I never enjoy tourist areas, but it's too flat for me. I have tall city bias syndrome. :(

My favorite vacation was probably when I went to Venice.

The Carribeans & Bermuda were nice, but I don't like hot weather.

scrumpleberry
10-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Doing Greece and every time I go to Milan imo. The best!

Breine
10-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Don't know if it's a vacation per se, but 7 months trip around the world for the win!