PDA

View Full Version : my DS Lite's gonna die

Jowy
10-31-2009, 01:47 AM
Well, sort of. The right shoulder button doesn't work anymore. Has this happened to anyone? And if so, was it a quick fix? I really don't wanna go out and buy a new one.

snacks
10-31-2009, 01:58 AM
The DSi is worth it though :3

Jowy
10-31-2009, 04:28 AM
Can't play my GBA games on it though.

Rostum
10-31-2009, 04:31 AM
Could emulate them I suppose? There is a new DSi LL coming out; has a bigger screen if that entices you.

Vermachtnis
10-31-2009, 04:46 AM
You could always rearrange your buttons in game.

ljkkjlcm9
10-31-2009, 06:19 AM
Blow air into it. Even just using your own mouth, put it next to it and blow. It actually does seem to work, though you may have to keep doing it on occassion.

THE JACKEL

Yeargdribble
10-31-2009, 06:34 AM
I haven't done it with a DS, but I've repaired many controllers. It's usually just something not seating well or perhaps some type of debris building up in a bad place. Not sure how easy a DS is to deconstruct, but you can probably find a visual guide online and just dismantle it to try to see what the problem is and fix it yourself.

Kumo
10-31-2009, 07:59 AM
Yeah, blowing into it always seems to work for me too. I do it both ways; holding down the button and normally. It's usually just some dust messing it up. What's really bad is when pieces start chipping off the system ^_^

Momiji
10-31-2009, 09:31 AM
That happened to my GBA SP. The right shoulder button wouldn't do anything unless you pressed as hard as possible on it, and maybe then it would do something.

I'd recommend just picking up a new DS Lite if you don't want to give up playing GBA games.

supergame123
11-09-2009, 03:40 AM
general speaking ,the button is not very easy to fix .many gamers will change a new one instead ,a fixed one played not so cool ,and it is easier to go bad.so i would suggest you save money to buy a new one for gaming ,or wait it on sale.when something on sale ,such as black friday ,you can get a cheap and good one ,i think.

Iceglow
11-09-2009, 07:00 AM
You should see my old silver DS...the top screen literally snapped the hinges and so it was flapping loose held only by the connections to the bottom screen so I had to re-seat the screen and superglue it in place open. Amazingly it still works.

Vyk
11-09-2009, 02:24 PM
My original DS still works perfect. I thought these things were indestructible :( You sir have bursted my bubble

Vermachtnis
11-09-2009, 04:20 PM
My original DS still works perfect. I thought these things were indestructible :( You sir have bursted my bubble

Mine's invincible. Everything else of mine has broken, I've gone through three computers, a PSP, and a PS2 since I've had it. Although, my PS2 was like six years old.

Booga
11-09-2009, 05:49 PM
My original DS is still going strong. I think it's indistructable, and I love it muchly.

Raistlin
11-09-2009, 06:38 PM
I still have my original DS and PS2. The things are tanks.

Iceglow
11-09-2009, 06:40 PM

I apologize for bursting your bubble there. I can explain how it happened (I'm good at this kind of thing) the hinges click when you open them to keep it in place the inside of the hinge plastic is ridged however if the DS takes a knock then the ridges can grind more against the plastic eventually forcing the plastic to split and crack. When that happens you should immediately apply some superglue to them to keep the DS intact however I would do it screen open so that even if the hinges no longer move freely you'll be able to play it. Also do this without a stylus in the pocket or a DS game in the slot either one could accidentally get superglued in.