PDA

View Full Version : If Today Was Your Last Day...

MJN SEIFER
11-01-2009, 01:46 PM
What would you? Maybe things you never had the chance to do, or things you always thought about doing, but never did for what ever reason?

These are examples of mine, although hopfully some of them I'd hopfully gain the guts to do before my last day.

Tell a certain someone hhow I feel about her
Say my goodbyes to my friends and familly
Say goodbye online.
Go to a Furry Convention (yes I'd wear the "aprropriate" clothing as well...)
Print out all ficrions, stories, scripts, etc that I have typed up in my spare time over the years.
...And drawing if I have learend by then.

^Man, it's gonna be a hectic last day! :P, but that's some of my examples, and I know some are pretty weird. Interested to hear you'res - I may think of more one day.

Christmas
11-01-2009, 01:59 PM
People often throw around the question, "What if today were your last day?" It is a fun little ice-breaker and we all seem to get a real kick out of it. Truth be told, however, I do not think that there is anything comical about this question. As a matter of fact, whenever anyone has asked me this, I get really nervous and almost immediately try to change the subject.
Some jokesters say that they would do all different illegal activities because heck, if you are going to die tomorrow, why not? And this seems like such a convenient answer. In whatever social situation you are in the people will laugh and think you are a real hoot. Good for you! But I know better. You only said that because you are just too scared to really think about it.
You might think that I am being dark or a tad dramatic, but I am going to explore the significance of this little taboo. But really, what would we all do if we woke up tomorrow morning and were told to seize the day because it is our last one on Earth?
I have a theory. You are awoken by your alarm clock. The same monotonous tone as yesterday and the day before and the day before. You rise and undergo your same morning routine. As you are brushing your teeth, you look at yourself in the mirror and see some sort of apparition creeping behind you. I say apparition because I do not want to offend anyone's religious beliefs. Anyways, this spirit would tell you that this particular day was your last day to live. Your immediate reaction would probably be to not believe the ghost, but let's use our imaginations and go with it.
Once you are completely assured that this is in fact the truth, you probably spend the first hour or so of your day freaking out and crying. As a matter of fact, you probably never make it out of the bathroom because your sobs are so uncontrollable. Then you have a bit of an epiphany and you think to yourself: "I need to make this day worthwhile. I need to do things to fulfill me for the rest of my spiritual journey because this is it."
You exit the bathroom and call your parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, friends, and neighbors and tell them to cancel their plans for the day because the end is near and they are all that really matters after all. After everyone is reunited, you do not even necessarily do anything. All you want to do is sit down and embrace one another and tell them all how much you love them, apologize for all the petty arguments, and reminisce about all of the good times. There would be laughter and tears.
Then, once the day draws to a close, everyone would know that it was time. That would be it. Your life, and the way in which you lived it, would be over. You are probably reading this and saying to yourself, "But no, this is not how I would spend my last day at all." You might think that you would choose to travel, go to Vegas and go wild or jump out of an airplane. But there is no time. And if you did that you can be assured that your loved ones would forever resent you for it because you essentially would be flipping them the proverbial bird. I know my own mother would probably turn purple if I did not spend this entire day by her side. And who could blame her; she brought me into this world, right?
So after reading all of this you are probably thinking that something is seriously wrong with me, but as a child, I think something was wrong with me because I used to make myself cry on cue thinking about this question. Close your eyes and try to envision the last time you will ever kiss your grandmother, sit on your papa's lap and hear a story, practice punching with your uncle, eat your aunt's best homemade dessert, hug your baby cousin, laugh with your brother, spend the whole day with your best friend doing nothing but still think that it was an absolutely amazing day, go for a car ride with your dad or shop with your mom. Try to think what you would do if none of that stuff would ever happen again.
Most people blink and their life is over. You would be blessed to have a whole day to say goodbye. I often wonder what that final moment will be like. I would be curious to know what your mind goes through. I envision that flashes of your life appear on a movie theatre screen and you are the only one in the theatre, watching as the major events of your life unfold on the screen.Make them worth watching because you never know when that last day will come. And the next time you are asked the question, "What would you do if today was your last day on earth?" be more like me and try to resist poking that person's eyeballs out. In all honesty, my answer is usually that I would go to Vegas and engage in as much illegal activity as possible because it is just so much easier to say.

FaithWontFall
11-01-2009, 02:27 PM
:cry:
That was really deep Christmas, it almost brough me to tears.
I wouldnt say go to Vagas and there isnt anything i could do that id want to do in just 24 hours. I'd like to spend it with my family and friends, that is if i ever made it out that bathroom now being able to see the way out through my tears. :)

Meat Puppet
11-01-2009, 02:32 PM
probably do some donuts in my go-kart

Psychotic
11-01-2009, 05:04 PM
probably eat some donuts in a k-mart

Moon Rabbits
11-01-2009, 05:15 PM
I ... uh ... i was going to say I'd get drunk and have lots of promiscuous and unprotected sex but .... Christmas kind of ruined the whole thing for me. Like jesus. :(

black orb
11-01-2009, 06:24 PM
>>> I would do something about it and not die..http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/Luca-Walk-Front.gif

MJN SEIFER
11-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Even though my choices where 100% serious, I think Christmas made some very valid and thought provoking points on this entire thread. Well done.

Shattered Dreamer
11-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Seriously what would I do:

1. Apologize to my ex-girlfriend for the childish way I broke off our relationship & kiss her goodbye.

2. Ring another one of my friends I currently have a crush on tell her how I feel

3. Get my best friend & go for one last pint in the pub where I met him.

4. Get my immediate family together & say goodbye to each of them individually anyone I can get in person I'll do so by phone.

5. After all that roll a joint & make a Long Island Ice Tea.

6. Plug in my guitar for one last jam then smash it through my amp when I'm finished.

7 Finally roll another joint & make another Long Island Ice Tea & repeat until I'm gone.

Shlup
11-02-2009, 09:26 PM
If today were my last day I would die happy. I haven't seen BJ in over a month, and now he's home. And while he was gone he switched to boxer briefs and the way they hug his little booty is hot.

Rantz
11-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I would make an EoEO thread about it, I think. I'd be in dire need of advice on what to do.

Madonna
11-02-2009, 11:07 PM
I would do nothing different than a usual day; I loathe people who keep a list of things they would like to do at the very end! Why not do them now!? Sheesh, if it gets too long, you will not even know where to start!

blackmage_nuke
11-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Write out my will, give blood, make it clear i want a cremation. Spend the day telling everyone i love them, even if i dont. If i knew the exact second i would die id probably plan out a nice final speech and death pose.

Freya
11-03-2009, 12:47 AM
What christmas said.

Jojee
11-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Lynx has a good point. I was telling krissy that if I knew I were going to die and could make a last phone call, I'd call my parents and tell them that I love them and that they did well. But telling people that you love them or apologizing for something can be done at any time. Why is it so hard to express feelings of love and friendship and good will to the people that really matter to us unless it's our last day on earth?

rubah
11-03-2009, 03:59 AM
I don't think it's hard. I do it pretty often!

G13
11-03-2009, 04:31 AM
I would probably do the same thing I do everyday. Go see my girlfriend and write a little more of my book.

There's not a whole lot I want to experience.

Dolentrean
11-03-2009, 05:01 AM
In the scenario that some sort of spirit told me, I would probably be strangely reassured knowing that there is a life after death when my whole life I have strongly doubted the matter.

I do not wish to be vindicated in death, I hope with all my heart that I am wrong, and that there is in fact an afterlife. I don't wanna stop existing.

I would go talk to my friends, and tell them I know that there is SOMETHING else out there. Then, I don't know.

Shattered Dreamer
11-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Lynx has a good point. I was telling krissy that if I knew I were going to die and could make a last phone call, I'd call my parents and tell them that I love them and that they did well. But telling people that you love them or apologizing for something can be done at any time. Why is it so hard to express feelings of love and friendship and good will to the people that really matter to us unless it's our last day on earth?

I have to say I agree with your point Jojee. The reason I can't say & do some of the things on my list now because of my foolish pride. At least if I were dying I could make peace with everything because well its the end. It is very hard to swallow ones pride & admit your wrong or admit you feel a certain way about someone because well you can be hurt, rejected etc. At least in death none of that matters & because your life is at an end its alot easier to confront ones faults & failings. And given that your dying your never gonna get an answer you don't wanna hear & if you do hell it doesn't matter:D

Boosk
11-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Tell my Boyfriend how much I love him, then eat so much chocolate and ice cream and cake etc till I throw up, and then drink alot of wine.

Meat Puppet
11-03-2009, 02:49 PM
you should be doing those things ever yday, boosk.

Badge
11-03-2009, 02:56 PM
I'd probably freak out and cry for half the day and then get mad at myself for not doing anything constructive on the the last day of my life, then I'd simply tell my mom, dad and boyfriend I loved them and probably cry some more.

Realistically I'd love to punch every single person in this world that has fucked me off and then say 'Glad we sorted that one out' and walk off. Good Times!