PDA

View Full Version : Summons

Northcrest
11-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Well its been confirmed that there will only be the 6 playable characters on the Ff-xiii.com - final fantasy xiii Resources and Information.This website is for sale! (http://www.ff-xiii.com) website. Though I was wondering even though there are these characters will there be extra summons that the characters can get. I'm pretty sure this has been answered but I'm sure. So anyone, or give your opinions if you want characters with multiple summons

Formalhaut
11-03-2009, 10:14 AM
6 Summons seems not alot.

Guests? Argh, Its hard to know, as I have a feeling summons are linked to the story somehow.

Wolf Kanno
11-03-2009, 07:22 PM
I thought I remembered reading Nomura or the director mentioning that each character gets only one summon but hinted that there was a possibility of getting more. My guess would be summons could evolve and change into other summons due to story events. There is also the possibility of seeing other summons through the story like how Alexander appeared in FFIX.

Still six isn't too bad, FFIII and X only had 8 and due to have much graphics are increasing as well as SE transforming Summons into something more than just glorified black magic spells (thank god) it makes sense that the games would stick to much smaller sets of summons. The days of 20+ summons like VI and VII are long gone I'm afraid. Personally, I'm okay with the limited number of summons cause the whole "Transformer" thing makes them seem stupid in this game.

Raistlin
11-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I thought I remembered reading Nomura or the director mentioning that each character gets only one summon but hinted that there was a possibility of getting more. My guess would be summons could evolve and change into other summons due to story events.

I would be happy with that, if the limitation on summons served some worthwhile story purpose. Six is kinda small. Although I agree that 20+ is too much, and only serves to demean summons as little more than basic attack magic that just takes longer to cast.

Sword
11-16-2009, 12:27 AM
I prefer a mountain of summons. They were fine as just longer spells, because that's not all they were for (some of the time). I liked equipping them to learn abilities like FF6 and 8. Plus not only is the transforming thing stupid, but the summons LOOK stupid too.