PDA

View Full Version : What is the best element?

Psychokitty
11-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Yes, and why is that element best?

NorthernChaosGod
11-02-2009, 08:55 PM
The element of surprise.

Vermachtnis
11-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I am the wind, woosh! Also Oxygen so we breathe.

Psychokitty
11-02-2009, 11:48 PM
I think wind because it has the potential to overpower all the other elements, including fire.

Without oxygen (and thus, wind), fire cannot exist, and to end fire, all you'd have to do is make a area void of any and all wid/air.

The wind can push the water away.

With enough wind and power/speed behind it, the wind can move mountains, or any other earthly thing.

And without it, we'd all be dead!

G13
11-03-2009, 03:07 AM
Fire. It's got it's weaknesses yeah but it's a powerful and enchanting force.

Jowy
11-03-2009, 03:31 AM
HEART.

I Took the Red Pill
11-03-2009, 03:33 AM
molybdenum

Tavrobel
11-03-2009, 03:34 AM
I would have to say that Psychic is the superior type. Just play Pokemon Red.

Psychokitty
11-03-2009, 03:36 AM
I'm sorry, peeps, I guess I wasn't clear at first...

By elements, I'm refering to the elements in Life. You know, the old, anchient elements... Fire, wind, water, earth.........

Of course, maybe I should make another poll for all elements! :-D

Tavrobel
11-03-2009, 03:50 AM
No, most of us are aware that you're attempting to ascertain which of the classical Greek elements are the best.

We decided to be sarcastic anyways.

Lawr
11-03-2009, 03:52 AM
Where's lightning?

rubah
11-03-2009, 03:57 AM
I forget which crystal gave you the Dancer job class, but that one. (probably earth). Although water gives you Mimic, sooo

regarding the periodic table, I used to be Lady Arse[nic], so I'm partial to that still.

NorthernChaosGod
11-03-2009, 07:14 AM
I think wind because it has the potential to overpower all the other elements, including fire.

Without oxygen (and thus, wind), fire cannot exist, and to end fire, all you'd have to do is make a area void of any and all wid/air.

With enough wind and power/speed behind it, the wind can move mountains, or any other earthly thing.

Fire can superheat air and eliminate all oxygen given the proper circumstances on it's own though.

I'm sure there are ways that each element can overpower the others.

Formalhaut
11-03-2009, 09:38 AM
My Zodiacal Sign Is Water (Aquarius) So...

Psychokitty
11-03-2009, 08:35 PM

Fire can superheat air and eliminate all oxygen given the proper circumstances on it's own though.

I'm sure there are ways that each element can overpower the others.

Ah, but fire cannot exist without air, and if the wind pressure is strong enough, it can blow out the fire. Take camp fires for example. You've just made a miniscule flame that has to potential to be your camp fire, but when you blow on it to make it bigger, you end up snuffing it out. Wind overpowered fire there.

Where's lightning?

Lightning isn't really a true element. It's 'caused' by wind and water high up in the air in a storm...

Though it's scientificly plasma. o.o I'm not useing science, though.

NorthernChaosGod
11-04-2009, 12:55 AM
That was only one specific example, as are yours. But I'm fairly certain that the entire premise behind the four classical elements is that they are all in balance with one another.

There can be no clear victor.

Laddy
11-04-2009, 03:20 AM
Hafnium!

Er...water.

blackmage_nuke
11-04-2009, 06:16 AM
Its arguable if wind is the strongest element. You state that a lack of air would put out a fire but that doesnt mean air is stronger than fire, it means lack of air is stronger than fire. Also if you think about it wind is caused by low air pressure and high air pressure, that is caused by the sun's heat which is fire. Without fire there would be no wind, only air.

NorthernChaosGod
11-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Its arguable if wind is the strongest element. You state that a lack of air would put out a fire but that doesnt mean air is stronger than fire, it means lack of air is stronger than fire. Also if you think about it wind is caused by low air pressure and high air pressure, that is caused by the sun's heat which is fire. Without fire there would be no wind, only air.

Thank you for providing another example.

Wolf Kanno
11-04-2009, 06:27 AM
My Zodiacal Sign Is Water (Aquarius) So...

Actually Aquarius is an Air sign surprisingly enough ;)

Water is probably the strongest and easily the most overlooked since most RPGs relegate it to simply healing magic (I'm looking at you Golden Sun and Chrono series) but all living things are composed of water. Water is adaptable and can take three different forms. About the only element that can come close to it is Wind but they literally would fight each other to a standstill since neither could truly destroy each other.

Otherwise Soul, Psychic, or Darkness depending on which game :cool:

Christmas
11-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Some games I came across have sex as an element, so can I count that in? :bigsmile:

Jiro
11-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Fire. Because I like to burn :bou::bou::bou::bou:. But it's also synonymous with rebirth and strength and such. You know, all those heroic things. But they're all equal imo.

Bunny
11-04-2009, 09:33 AM
The Perfect Element (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Perfect_Element,_part_I).

Shlup
11-04-2009, 09:41 AM
How is the lamest element winning?? Wind is stupid.

G13
11-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Wind was pretty wicked in Goldensun.

smittenkitten
11-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Light element ftw!

That is if light and dark count, if not then erm... wind! ^^

blackmage_nuke
11-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Water is all washed up
wind totally blows
Fire just got fired

Earth Rocks

Formalhaut
11-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Balthier Rocks!

NorthernChaosGod
11-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Some games I came across have sex as an element, so can I count that in? :bigsmile:

I second this motion.

Psychokitty
11-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry, peeps, I guess I wasn't clear at first...

By elements, I'm refering to the elements in Life. You know, the old, ancient elements... Fire, wind, water, earth.........

Of course, maybe I should make another poll for all elements! :-D