PDA

View Full Version : Narshe battle after-party (Spoilers !)

Inferno
11-04-2009, 04:10 PM
So now you pushed back Kefka, and you have to search for Terra. Locke and Celes are part of the team, its not negotiable. But what other 2 characters do you bring along and why ? Choices are :Cyan, Edgar, Sabin and Gau.

Personally I've always picked the brothers, Fire Dance and Drill are very useful ! Plus, story-wise (in Figaro), I think its a little more entertaining.

So what about you !?

theundeadhero
11-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Whoever has the lowest level and then an open spot so that I can hire on Shadow. The scene in Figaro Castle can be seen at any time as long as both brothers are in the party.

Vermachtnis
11-04-2009, 05:11 PM
I took Edgar and Sabin. But I just went far enough into the castle to move it and didn't see the scene until WoR.

Kyros
11-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Edgar and Sabin since that is the team I used for the game :x I didnt care to use Terra once I got Celes, Gau was entertaining but I didn't care for him as part of my fighting team, and I liked Cyan but thought his bushido took forever to charge to the awesome techniques while with the brothers it took 2 sec to choose the tool or input the blitz.

TheAbominatrix
11-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Edgar and Sabin for me as well. Mainly for the scene in Figaro castle, but also the use of Edgar's tools. He's usually a party member for me anyway, and Sabin's strength is a good hold over until I can get back my usual party.

Flying Mullet
11-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Sabin and Edgar for two reasons:
Sabin and Edgar find unique and powerful (for this point in the game) equipment (Fire Knuckles and Chainsaw) while Cyan, Gau and Shadow don't.
Edgar's Auto-Crossbow is still powerful and the lack of attacks or magic that can hit all enemies makes the Auto-Crowssbow much more conventient. Same goes for Sabin's Fire Dance, which I usually learn before or while in Zozo.
I still mix it up every now and then but Sabin and Edgar are my main choices.

TheAbominatrix
11-04-2009, 08:01 PM
And of course there's that little gem of a chainsaw in Zozo. I love Edgar as a chainsaw-wielding mutilator, complete with mask.

Wolf Kanno
11-05-2009, 03:48 AM
I usually take Edgar cause he would be my lowest level character in this party that isn't Locke or Celes. I then hire Shadow and try to keep him til the end of the Zozo scenario.

After Zozo I usually take Edgar and Cyan or whoever has level issues that isn't Gau.

Oddly enough, I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't use the Figaro Bros. that much. Once Setzer joins I pretty much never bother using Edgar or Sabin and once Shadow becomes a member, I stop using Locke as well.

blackmage_nuke
11-05-2009, 05:55 AM
I thought that locke and celes werent compulsury until after zozo. I usually took the figaro bros and locke then hired shadow.

After zozo i took locke, celes, edgar and cyan to the opera.

Umaro_Smash
11-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I thought that locke and celes werent compulsury until after zozo. I usually took the figaro bros and locke then hired shadow.

After zozo i took locke, celes, edgar and cyan to the opera.

That was my impression, as well.

I did take Locke & Celes anyways, just to get them some levels before the Opera House/Southern Continent.

I don't stick to any two specific characters to round out the party, just depends on how I want to go about things. I like to take Gau at this point because Stray Cat's rage (SNES version) is more powerful than any other offensive attack you have at your disposal at that point.

Usually Edgar is the other one because I use him for everything.

Flying Mullet
11-05-2009, 03:49 PM
I usually also use Locke for his Steal (Mug in Zozo) ability and Celes for her magic.

Greatermaximus
12-04-2009, 03:04 AM
So what we're all saying is to bring anyone but Cyan and Gau for the most part because they're not good enough.

That's how it is with me, but at a certain point it doesn't really matter... ;)

The Turk
12-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Anybody but Cyan... as Mullet said Stray Cat is the best spell in the game which more than makes Gau useful. Perhaps you might want to leave Gau behind for now as he is very useful in the magitek factory and you might want someone else to learn exp in the meantime.

ljkkjlcm9
12-09-2009, 12:43 AM
pffft

Cyan is my favorite character and I use him always whenever I can.
There is no other choice for me.

THE JACKEL

Shadowdust
12-09-2009, 05:46 AM
I do everything I can to maintain a level of 10-12 until the end of WoB portion of the game. I like to take as much advantage of Esper bonuses without having a party that's auto-leveled too high. So at this point, it's all about characters that are capable of penetrating the defenses of the boss enemies since I run from all other battles. So I always take Cyan and Edgar since both have quick and easy, no mistake, skills. Dispatch and Drill/Chainsaw are godsends for survival. Even though Sabin's Pummel is far from difficult to perform, there have been times where I rush it and don't press hard enough on the cross pad, thus why I don't take him.

doeboyfresh14
12-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm new here. Just wanted to say what's up and this is by far the best game i have ever/will ever play.

I always bring sabin and edgar. they always seem to end up in my part all the time. I think aura bolt and the autocrossbow/drill cause massive havic. and i just have locke steal while they aren't paying attention. haha. celes is just left in the back row to heal.

had to edit (forgot i wouldn't have the chainsaw yet)

Sephex
12-11-2009, 05:26 AM
I've been doing another run of this game (GBA version). In fact, I just got past this part a couple of hours ago. I chose:

Locke, Celes, Edgar, and Sabin. That's the party I usually choose. I think I only put Cyan in there a couple of times and I have never taken Gau with me (never a big fan of the enemy skill type characters).