PDA

View Full Version : Have YOU Seen Roddy?!

Rodarian
11-04-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm sure (or not) you guys must be wondering where have I disappeared to.

The answer is that I have been working on my Thesis.

Whats my thesis concept you say...

Essentially its using discarded product packaging materials, slicing them into strips and weaving it together with fish wire....The end results is then made into fashionable tote bags.

Its something very new that I doing on campus. Plus its a nod for ecological friendliness and keeping our earth 'Green'

I'll send pics one I have everything ready. My jury is on November 26th.

But here's the problem:
My faculty are being absolute bitches! Seriously, they been giving me nothing but misery. Esp the head of the Textile Design Dept... She has some weird misconception that I have a suppose 'attitude' problem.. You'll have to take my word for it, but I have no such thing. What I do believe is that I have enough creativity to outshine them, and that is what they are threatened by.. I've been humble about this from before but they have put me through enough stress and misery to try to break my confidence....It nearly worked ! :P:mad2:

If it weren't for my parents and the Power that Be from above... I would have actually been a basket case on Halloween (which I spent at home working)

So to everyone that know here. Don't let anyone try to break your spirit... Believe me their are some real nasty people out there who will try nothing but to succeed on that.

Wish me luck ya all!! I miss posting on here regularly!

Rodarian
aka Roddy

scrumpleberry
11-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Don't be snotty towards your peers and teachers, even if you think you have more talent than them. Be the classier person.

Also go go go! I look forward to seeing this stuff.

Psychotic
11-04-2009, 07:14 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/tumblr_kpz4urhyQs1qzqc6po1_400.jpg

Shlup
11-04-2009, 08:24 PM
If everyone thinks you have an attitude problem except for you, you probably should take a hard look at your attitude.

Freya
11-04-2009, 08:26 PM
If everyone thinks you have an attitude problem except for you, you probably should take a hard look at your attitude.

Yeah that. Don't be cocky, it's unappealing :/

Christmas
11-04-2009, 11:09 PM
I miss you, please come back soon Roddy. :cry:

Rodarian
11-05-2009, 09:53 AM

I wouldn't be posting my problem had it been my attitude.I'm the only guy in this batch in Textile design and the girls would never let me get away with m having an attitude. Its in the faculty's opinion that I have one.I never flaunt my talents in front of them never. See because my social circle is in the semi limelight, they have the impression that I have some bratty snot nosed kid. Never in my life have ever encountered this sort of distain towards me. I do know that not everyone is going to like me but to publicly be insulting is hardly professional. I do have a temper but I definitely swallow my ego before I say something nasty.

All I'm saying is that I'm encounter a some obstacles and hopefully things will be brighter in the end.

Madame Adequate
11-05-2009, 11:09 AM

If you're good enough you can be as cocky as you want to, though. It doesn't matter whether you appeal to people. They have to listen anyway.

Shlup
11-05-2009, 08:28 PM
If it's the faculty's opinion, then that's a pretty important opinion. I wouldn't know how to go about changing it though.

And, no, Samson, he can't go around being cocky and it is important that he appeal to those that outrank him. The faculty doesn't have to listen to him at all if they don't want to.