PDA

View Full Version : "Ninja killed my family. Need money for karate lessons!"

Breine
11-04-2009, 08:03 PM
If you were a beggar/bum, what would you write on your cardboard sign to encourage people to give you some money?

EDIT: Also, what are some of the most creative beggars/bums you've seen?

Moon Rabbits
11-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Fuck yes I was hoping that's what this thread was about. I don't know what I'd write, but some of the homeless people in Toronto get pretty creative.

This one guy had a fishing rod with a cut-in-half Coca-Cola bottle instead of a hook and he had a sign that said "Fishing for change." Another was about midgets stealing his family and he needed money for stilts to conquer them or something weird like that. A really creepy one had a sign about how he needed money to pay the voices to stop talking ... I didn't give him change because I crossed the road in fear :D

One time I saw a guy with two dogs but his sign said he needed money for weed. I went and bought him dog food and taped a note to it that said something like "how about food for your dogs instead prick" or something like that.

Bunny
11-04-2009, 08:10 PM
"Need money. Accepting cash, credit and personal checks. Inquire within."

black orb
11-04-2009, 08:14 PM
>>> I would use some reverse psychology and write "I dont want money"..http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/Luca-Walk-Front.gif

rubah
11-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Creepiest beggar I ever saw was a lady all filthed up pretending (I imagine) to writhe in agony on the steps of a church. Grift is practically an art in paris.

Anyways, I'd probably write something 'Will tell you the story of my life, price 1 sandwich'

Unbreakable Will
11-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Mine would say "Need Gil for Pheonix Down to revive my mother"
This guy is the best hobo ever :bigsmile:
http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx184/Jermayan/honest_bum.jpg

Madonna
11-04-2009, 09:45 PM
"Compliments 25¢ apiece"; I work for my money, thank you very much! Nice hair!

I never give money to beggars! If I get hassled, I surrender only food or beverage; never do I wonder where the money goes as I never dole it out!

Christmas
11-04-2009, 10:41 PM
You mean all those aren't true? :screwy:

Impossible, I alway cry when I read their sad tale. :(

KentaRawr!
11-04-2009, 11:36 PM
I probably wouldn't have a sign, or at least I hope I wouldn't.

If I were to have a sign, I'd have it say in my best cursive, "Would you please point me in the direction of your nearest wallet full of cash?"

Old Manus
11-04-2009, 11:45 PM
GIBE MONI PLS

I REPORT U

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

BR?

NorthernChaosGod
11-05-2009, 12:08 AM
"Aliens stole my job, collecting money to ride on the next shuttle to Mars to take it back"

Peegee
11-05-2009, 01:22 AM
I would go to downtown in my suit and tie and slacks and shiny shoes, and have a sign that says:

Economy hurts even me

blackmage_nuke
11-05-2009, 06:05 AM
http://zs1.smbc-comics.com/comics/20060609.gif

Jiro
11-05-2009, 07:41 AM
"I am poor and homeless and too young to have wronged the world"

NeoCracker
11-05-2009, 08:42 AM
"New final Fantasy coming out.
Can't afford it by release day. :("

Iceglow
11-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't know what my sign would say, hopefully I'll never have to write one.

The most genius hobo I ever saw was an irish guy who came round with a full comedy set up his sleeve. I'd heard quite a few of his jokes before but it didn't stop him being funny. He was the only hobo I have given any money to for around a year.

Chemical
11-05-2009, 02:50 PM
My sign: "I left my home in my other pair of pants"

Best seen: "Kick a punk for a buck"

Moon Rabbits
11-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I would go to downtown in my suit and tie and slacks and shiny shoes, and have a sign that says:

Economy hurts even me

I'd probably kick you.

Best seen: "Kick a punk for a buck"

Where was this!? I swear I've seen that sign before!!

Incidentally, the lack of hobo love in this thread depresses me. I give change to the homeless whenever I can afford it. :(

Jojee
11-05-2009, 10:49 PM
I've given change to bums before, but most of the time they're just asking me to be their woman or something equally weird!

I'd make reference to nerdy geek things and the geeks will give me money ^o^ Itam zenny plszzszzssss.

Loony BoB
11-05-2009, 11:56 PM
All I know is that

"Will take bribes for Ciddies"

Does. Not. smurfing. Work. :(

McLovin'
11-06-2009, 02:22 AM
What's really fun is to stand next to a hobo and pretend you are one too and have your friend walk by and drop some money in your little can.

I did that to this one hobo while he was playing a flute or whatever and lol@his face when my friend dropped a 20 in my little jacket cushion.

Moon Rabbits
11-06-2009, 04:47 AM
What's really fun is to stand next to a hobo and pretend you are one too and have your friend walk by and drop some money in your little can.

I did that to this one hobo while he was playing a flute or whatever and lol@his face when my friend dropped a 20 in my little jacket cushion.

That's just mean.

Skyblade
11-06-2009, 05:06 AM
All I know is that

"Will take bribes for Ciddies"

Does. Not. smurfing. Work. :(

I dunno, Bob. Twere I ever to see a hobo with that sign, I would most definitely dole out some change.

Psychotic
11-06-2009, 07:16 PM
I'd draw a picture of a dog with three legs and write "This is my dog" underneath it. People always feel sorry for hobos with dog amputees!
I did that to this one hobo while he was playing a flute or whatever and lol@his face when my friend dropped a 20 in my little jacket cushion.Hahahaha. Although I am surprised you didn't get shanked.

Montoya
11-10-2009, 07:33 AM
I've never seen any creative ones. Just people with signs that say they need money cause their car broke down or they need money for gas.

I'd just make a sign that says I need money, food, or an opportunity to make money. I'd want to get out of my homeless state as quickly as possible.