PDA

View Full Version : Gay Bars

Yar
11-05-2009, 04:49 AM
Have you ever been to one?

A guy at work wants to take me to one

Freya
11-05-2009, 04:51 AM
I haven't I've lived in pretty much the two most boring states while over 18. So no I haven't. Maybe we can go to one yar! :D

LunarWeaver
11-05-2009, 04:52 AM
No thanks.

Yar
11-05-2009, 04:54 AM
I haven't I've lived in pretty much the two most boring states while over 18. So no I haven't. Maybe we can go to one yar! :D
lets take nocti

Freya
11-05-2009, 04:55 AM
Oh he's far to shy. We'd have to tape him in a box first and release him to the gay bar wild to even get him there.

Yar
11-05-2009, 04:56 AM
There is one in Lima I hear but I bet i'ts trahsy and Lima-y

Levian
11-05-2009, 05:00 AM
Yeah, although I wasn't aware it was a gay bar when I went in, and by the time we found out we had already bought a mug of beer, which was rediculously cheap too so we stayed for a couple more rounds.

rubah
11-05-2009, 05:09 AM
I walked by one in Soho (London)

Yar
11-05-2009, 05:16 AM
:( Sokmeone deleted the straight bars thread.

i just wanted you guys to have your own

seperate but equal

Christmas
11-05-2009, 05:18 AM
My friends and I visited one. One man, who is believed to be a gay man came and talk to us. He said he will go straight for us. :screwy:

Dignified Pauper
11-05-2009, 05:19 AM
I've been to plenty of Gay Bars. Chicago, WeHo, Columbus, Dayton.

NorthernChaosGod
11-05-2009, 05:20 AM
I have not, nor do I plan to. I'm afraid. :(

rubah
11-05-2009, 06:57 AM
where's weho

Yar
11-05-2009, 07:01 AM
where's wehowest hollywood iyam

Baloki
11-05-2009, 08:40 AM
O.o

Mirage
11-05-2009, 09:22 AM
I've been to one, but at the time I didn't know it was a gay bar. I started getting suspicions when i saw the third pair of females make out.

Iceglow
11-05-2009, 09:26 AM
I've been to a couple with friends in the past, it doesn't bother me too much really. I will say it's funny how whenever I went to gay clubs/bars I'd get hit on by girls of a bi-sexual or even on occasion a lesbian tendency whilst the gay guys for the most part ignored me. I go to straight clubs and tend to get hit on by guys of a homosexual disposition. I never quite figured that out.

Agrias
11-05-2009, 09:34 AM
I went to the gay bar every day for a year straight. I dont think it was the best place for me to be, but they had wicked cool music.

krissy
11-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Gay Bar - rathergood.com (http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar)

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-05-2009, 09:47 AM
On occasion, gay clubs are more fun than straight ones: people actually dance! Who would have figured?

Been also to a lesbian bar too, though it really has all kinds of people there.

Come to think of it, it's been ages since I went to the Village...

Breine
11-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Nope. Never been to one, even though I'm bi. I need to go to one at some point, though.. It'd probably be fun.

You don't need to go to gay bars to meet gay people, though.

Chemical
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTN6Du3MCgI">Abe wants to take you to a gay bar, gay bar, gay bar.</a>

Yes. Pride Festival yearly.

Shauna
11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
My friend in London wants to take me to a gay bar. Along with my friend Emma. He says we should pretend to be a lesbian couple. He has a weird obsession with this, despite being gay. xD

Unbreakable Will
11-05-2009, 03:32 PM
I've had an invitation to one, but I never went.

Moon Rabbits
11-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Yes! It's where I spend my weekends, usually. My city only has two: one is rather nice, the other is usually dead and full of old men and scary biker dykes singing karaoke. Toronto's gay village has some pretty awesome clubs ... Zippers is my favorite, though I really want to go to Fly (it's the club they used as Babylon in Queer as Folk :o). I like Woody's in Toronto, too, which was also in QAF.

On occasion, gay clubs are more fun than straight ones: people actually dance! Who would have figured?

Been also to a lesbian bar too, though it really has all kinds of people there.

Come to think of it, it's been ages since I went to the Village...

I lovelovelove the Montreal village. Unity was awesome; me and my friends went into this other club called Black Eagle or something that turned out to apparently be for the 40+ crowd :eek: Le Drugstore was my favorite, even though I was unawares it was a lesbian bar until you told me >_>~

11-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Next time you go there go to Saloon, good food and pretty attractive service! :D

I never went to Black Eagle but yeah, I always see older men around it, so I avoid it. I also recall seeing guys wearing leather there too.

Yeah, it is hard to know that about Drugstore since like everyone goes there.

Shlup
11-05-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't really like bars in general. Pay $9 for a drink I can make myself? Pass.

Breine
11-05-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't really like bars in general. Pay $9 for a drink I can make myself? Pass.

That's why you need to drink before you go out.

Raistlin
11-05-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm with Shlup. I rarely go to any bars, and then I typically just get a pitcher with friends, so it's not very expensive (and usually by then I've had enough that I don't particularly care what I'm drinking). I've only been to a bar twice this semester.

On topic, I've never been to a gay bar.

Shlup
11-05-2009, 08:29 PM

Then what's the point of going out?? Everyone can just hang out at my house; it's not like anyone needs to be picking up single chicks and/or dudes.

Boosk
11-05-2009, 08:33 PM
lots...I lived with a gay guy....It's was great fun! Everyone should go.

Chemical
11-05-2009, 08:37 PM

Then what's the point of going out?? Everyone can just hang out at my house; it's not like anyone needs to be picking up single chicks and/or dudes.

Swing Party!!!

Shlup
11-05-2009, 08:39 PM
All guys who aren't BJ are gross. :(

theundeadhero
11-05-2009, 08:40 PM
I think I got suckered into stopping at a gay bar once but we didn't stay very long before hopping to the next.

$9 a drink? Bars in english speaking countries are ridiculous!

Jess
11-05-2009, 09:31 PM
I haven't. I don't have any gay friends (that I know of, anyway) so I've never been invited out to one.. I don't even know of any local gay bars.

Jojee
11-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Yaa ^_^ My town has 2 clubs - a gay club and an overrated one. I like dancing at the gay club... better dancers, less creepers, etc.~

Moon Rabbits
11-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Yaa ^_^ My town has 2 clubs - a gay club and an overrated one. I like dancing at the gay club... better dancers, less creepers, etc.~

DAMN RIGHT.

Breine
11-05-2009, 11:08 PM

Well, going out includes dancing to loud music in the clubs, and meeting new people. It's just fun. But yeah, in general so-called "pre-parties" are great for getting drunk and pumped up before actually going out. There's not much fun in arriving at a bar/club completely sober.

Moon Rabbits
11-05-2009, 11:09 PM

Well, going out includes dancing to loud music in the clubs, and meeting new people. It's just fun. But yeah, in general so-called "pre-parties" are great for getting drunk and pumped up before actually going out. There's not much fun in arriving at a bar/club completely sober.

Yeah, pre-drinking is required for club hopping because getting drunk strictly at clubs = $$$$$$$$$

Dignified Pauper
11-05-2009, 11:10 PM
There is one in Lima I hear but I bet i'ts trahsy and Lima-y

It's absolutely terrible. Saw a drag-show there once. AWFUL.

Jojee
11-05-2009, 11:13 PM
This thread makes me wanna get drunk and go dancing! :(

theundeadhero
11-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Breathing makes me wanna do that :)

Breine
11-05-2009, 11:16 PM

Yeah, pre-drinking is required for club hopping because getting drunk strictly at clubs = $$$$$$$$$

Exactly.

Loony BoB
11-06-2009, 12:02 AM
I'd go to G-A-Y in London if a hot enough girl (or girl group) were performing. They always wear very skimpy clothing there. I'd have to bring Danielle, though, and snog her repeatedly.

Shiny
11-06-2009, 12:03 AM
No, but I wanna go if it's just a gay guys club. I won't have to worry about anyone hitting on me.

Levian
11-06-2009, 12:13 AM

Vorspiel ftw! Although I really miss house parties. It seems to be all about pre-parties these days. I usually have so much fun at pre-parties that clubbing pales in comparison. Queue + getting separated from people + expensive drinks = boo. Eh, I guess that's what happens when you turn 20. ;)

rubah
11-06-2009, 01:26 AM
I'd go to G-A-Y in London if a hot enough girl (or girl group) were performing. They always wear very skimpy clothing there. I'd have to bring Danielle, though, and snog her repeatedly.
that was the one

Chemical
11-06-2009, 02:03 AM
This thread makes me wanna get drunk and go dancing! :(

OMW

NorthernChaosGod
11-07-2009, 12:42 AM
All guys who aren't BJ are gross. :(

I'm not!

Ha, I'm going out tonight(not to a gay bar). This thread is making me all excited.

Christmas
11-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Will a man turn gay if they visit a gay bar?

Markus. D
11-07-2009, 05:50 AM
Nope ^^~

I'm bi, have been to a gay bar and am yet to experience anything more than a hug from a man.

Dignified Pauper
11-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Nope ^^~

I'm bi, have been to a gay bar and am yet to experience anything more than a hug from a man.

In three years, you'll be gay.

Jiro
11-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Gay bars seems to be where the real party's at, so I guess I'm going to have to visit one day! I don't have any gay friends around my own age so I'll either have to find some, or make some there! :D

Heath
11-07-2009, 10:46 AM
I hate nightclubs as it is, but I got dragged along to the gay night at a local nightclub last year. Not only did I find the music to be marginally better than the last time I visited, there were less idiots and I witnessed possibly the most flamboyant dance-off hitherto seen in York.

Moon Rabbits
11-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Will a man turn gay if they visit a gay bar?

If I have anything to do with it - yes.

Booga
11-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Me and my mate used to go to a lesbian bar quite a bit when we were both single. We used to have a great time.

Shattered Dreamer
11-07-2009, 06:22 PM
I went to a gay bar once with a group of friends from college not sure why I think I was totally wasted. Anyway while I was there these 2 Latin looking dude came up too me & ask me & I quote " Hey sexy man, wanna be the meat in this man sandwich". I was so freaked out I ran over to one of my friends & made out with her furiously. Totally freaked me out!

Bastian
11-11-2009, 08:35 AM
I despise gay bars.

I'd rather have a root canal than go to a gay bar.

I'd rather have appendicitis than go to a gay bar.

I'd rather have sex with a girl than go to a gay bar.

And that's saying something.

Unbreakable Will
11-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Dirty Choco, tisk tisk xD

P4ine
11-11-2009, 05:49 PM
yup, in two actually, but the people are kinda importunate imho.. some people might welcome this, but i do not.. they're all like "let's do it now" yknow oO but well, maybe i just had been to the wrong bars huh

Moon Rabbits
11-11-2009, 05:53 PM
yup, in two actually, but the people are kinda importunate imho.. some people might welcome this, but i do not.. they're all like "let's do it now" yknow oO but well, maybe i just had been to the wrong bars huh

Oh right I forgot that when I go to straight bars that women don't solicit me for sex at all. And straight men NEVER ask women to go home with them when they're out at a straight club. EVER! It's just us gays.

I went to a gay bar once with a group of friends from college not sure why I think I was totally wasted. Anyway while I was there these 2 Latin looking dude came up too me & ask me & I quote " Hey sexy man, wanna be the meat in this man sandwich". I was so freaked out I ran over to one of my friends & made out with her furiously. Totally freaked me out!

I'm sensing some insecurity here ...

P4ine
11-11-2009, 08:05 PM
dude calm down, i'm bisexual and i didn't say straights wouldn't do so
moreover i said it maybe were the wrong bars

going to someone intending to flirt is one thing, but grabing someone's balls only because you wouldn't realize who did it since the whole area's crowded is another thing

Cuchulainn
11-14-2009, 12:48 AM
Hope i'm not too late, DON'T GO YAR THE OLD GAY GUYS WILL RIP YOU IN TWO!

Have a Good Day Nonetheless.

Montoya
11-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Nope never been to one. I haven't even gone to a bar.

Yar
11-14-2009, 07:13 AM

xD Where have you been? :heart:

Barraza
11-14-2009, 07:35 AM
I've been to one before.

I found out, from visiting said gay bar, exactly what women are talking about when they are complaining about how men treat them. I always assumed, from a chauvinistic point of view, that they were overdoing how bad it is to be treated like "a piece of meat". Then I went to the gay bar with some friends of mine (one of those friends was a bisexual female who leans towards women and is definitely masculine).

Men in the bar kept looking at me. A few comments on my hair. A few nods and where am I from. But most of all, it was the staring. As if I didn't exist. Just kept staring at me.

I left early. It pissed my friends off, because they thought I was being uncomfortable with the homosexuality. Explaining to them that what I was uncomfortable with was the lack of social mores... well, as you might imagine, that doesn't exactly pan well with super-liberals. If I was on their end, it wouldn't have panned well with me, either.

I'd be willing to go to a more upscale, bigger one. And perhaps this time with a good male friend, if only so that people will think I'm taken.

11-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Or just go with a female friend you are comfortable with and pretend your with her. It is not uncommon for girls to drag their boyfriends to gay clubs.

Reminds me once when I was at a gay club with a female friend and this strange guy was checking her out so her and our friend start grinding, lol. Was amusing to watch.

Moon Rabbits
11-14-2009, 08:55 PM
I found out, from visiting said gay bar, exactly what women are talking about when they are complaining about how men treat them. I always assumed, from a chauvinistic point of view, that they were overdoing how bad it is to be treated like "a piece of meat". Then I went to the gay bar with some friends of mine (one of those friends was a bisexual female who leans towards women and is definitely masculine).

Men in the bar kept looking at me. A few comments on my hair. A few nods and where am I from. But most of all, it was the staring. As if I didn't exist. Just kept staring at me.

This is an interesting point. Though I don't feel like elaborating.

Or just go with a female friend you are comfortable with and pretend your with her. It is not uncommon for girls to drag their boyfriends to gay clubs.

This is single-handedly the most annoying thing in the world. I'm not saying they shouldn't DO it, but it's always a let down to cruise some really hot random guy and then have his girlfriend come up and stick her tongue down his throat! Boo-urns!

Incidentally, I learned last night to never wear black to a blacklight party. If only I'd known it was going to be a blacklight party ... the Lady Gaga impersonator was alright, though.

Peegee
11-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Yes. No big deal.

Cuchulainn
11-15-2009, 02:44 PM

oh about. did you go then?

Yar
11-15-2009, 04:37 PM

oh about. did you go then?
nope. he got stabbed. :(

Cuchulainn
11-15-2009, 08:38 PM
wtf?

Moon Rabbits
11-15-2009, 08:49 PM
O_O