PDA

View Full Version : I can't take myself seriously right now...

Chemical
11-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Have you ever been in a situation where you can't stop laughing at yourself?

I'm trying to prepare for a performance evaluation tomorrow and to practice I'm talking to a stuffed animal with a hat on. Spontaneously, it occurs to me what I'm doing and the laughter commences.

Shlup
11-05-2009, 08:37 PM
The other day I turned the pool on to top it off... and then I forgot about it and went to bed. Woke up the next morning to my mother-in-law calling because a neighbor called her, worried about all the water in the front yard.

It was either laugh or hang myself.

Moon Rabbits
11-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Have you ever been in a situation where you can't stop laughing at yourself?

I'm trying to prepare for a performance evaluation tomorrow and to practice I'm talking to a stuffed animal with a hat on. Spontaneously, it occurs to me what I'm doing and the laughter commences.

People always tell me to rehearse things that way, but then when I get to the actual presentation I REMEMBER rehearsing that way and burst out laughing.

Shattered Dreamer
11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I often find myself laughing at the strange crap I do & say. Example when my friend, a carpenter, asked me was the side wall of my parents house a cavity wall. I replied "Do I look like a dentist to you?" without thinking I burst out laughing, lame but funny at the time:D

Dreddz
11-05-2009, 09:40 PM
I hate laughing at my own jokes. Just doesn't seem like something Fonzie would do.

Formalhaut
11-05-2009, 09:57 PM
This Is EXACTLY Why I Failed Hard In Drama In High School. I Always Kept Laughing! Oddly, I Managed Too Get A 6c One Time.

(6c Is Out Of A Possible 7a. And The Lowest Possible Is A 3c, English rating System In Schools...)

Jojee
11-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I've got a speech to give in like an hour and a half. I should practice to my stuffed animals. ^_^

Freya
11-05-2009, 10:44 PM
I laugh at myself all the time. While writing my nano novel I giggle to myself because I don't realize I write funny things until I go back to look at it.

supergame123
11-06-2009, 05:40 AM
yes,i always do that thing.

Breine
11-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Not taking yourself too seriously, i.e. being able to laugh at yourself, is a good ability.

Yes, I laugh at myself sometimes.

Montoya
11-10-2009, 07:50 AM
I've looked at people through windows or just random posters with people on them and for a split second I'm convinced they're my reflection.

I start smiling for a minute.

Quindiana Jones
11-10-2009, 08:26 AM
I don't get what's funny about talking to hatted stuffed animals. That's how I make most of my business decisions.

Christmas
11-10-2009, 12:44 PM
The image in the mirror always do funny actions on its own and make me laugh. :bigsmile:

Booga
11-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I tend to end up doing something silly at least once a day and it's normally something I end up laughing at.