PDA

View Full Version : November's Theme: Friendship. What Do You look For In A Friend?

Formalhaut
11-05-2009, 10:11 PM
*Yawn* Well Hello Friendly Peoples! I Thought Id Give You Part II Of A Series Of Topics On Friendship For November.

Now, Its On The Topic "What Do You Look For In A Friend"?

Using The Poll, And Your Own replies, Explain To Me What Do You Look For In A Friend, If At All. Do You Look For Laughs? Fun? Or Maybe Friends With Privliges?

theundeadhero
11-05-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't actively look for friends. I let whatever happen and sometimes friendships happen.

Christmas
11-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Friends
Your friends list is empty

:(

I am actually looking for someone with the following qualities.

#

Real Name
Moonraven-Asterisk von Iridescent
Interests
Drawing, gaming, reading...other stuff?

# Screen Names

Formerly
scrumplebeef, scrumpleberry, pumpkinberry

# Game-related Statistics

Favorite Final Fantasy
VI, IX, IV

# External Links

YouTube
scrumpleberry

I wonder where I can find such a friend? :(

Meat Puppet
11-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Access to weed.

scrumpleberry
11-06-2009, 05:06 PM
OUR FRIENDSHIP IS PENDING YOU BIG POOP :(

Duce of Daggers
11-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Access to weed.

from now on we are friends

theundeadhero
11-06-2009, 10:07 PM
So you're saying you have access? hmmm.

Rye
11-06-2009, 10:13 PM
It's really difficult to describe, but there's this inate quality that I just sense in some people that really makes me want to befriend them. It's like the combination of fun, mischief, individuality without trying, criticalness, and humor, in spirit. It's a spark that people either have or don't.

Most of all, online especially, I like people who are good at actually conversing. I find a lot of people online have this fault where they're incapable of having a proper conversation with greetings and inquiries on the well-being of both people, and such. I've been the recipient of so many conversations where a person will talk at me, instead of talk to me. And often just about themselves, in the sense that they will ignore any points I bring up in conversation (and a conversation is a progressing and changing thing, of course) and just bring it back to themselves immediately. Very poor trait to have.

A person who can hold a conversation well will immediately gain my respect and will be someone I can actually talk to, generally, and it blossoms into a friendship.

That being said, I have a hard time maintaining friendships unless the person and I really click and hit it off. I'm also shy when I talk to people over messenger, often. I've been friends with Huxley for plus 5 years, and you can see where that lead to.

Madonna
11-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Never been updated, but still relevant!

-PERSONAL INFORMATION-(Technically, you need to fill this section out.)
Date :
First Name :
Middle Initial :
Last Name:
Mailing Address :
D.O.B. :
E-mail Address :
Phone No. :
Are you either a citizen of your respective country, or an alien authorized to work in said respective country? Yay ( ) Nay ( ) Possibly ( )
Should the previous question have any bearing on our prospective friendship? Yay ( ) Nay ( ) I don’t know ( )

[+]Do you feel the need to share more irrelevant information? If so, proceed to the section below.
Nationality :
Ethnicity :
Religion :
Sexual Orientation:
Job and/or Pay Rate :
Are You 18 Years Of Age Or Older? Yes ( ) No ( )
Want Me To Hold This Against You? Yes ( ) No ( )
Electoral Party Affiliation :
Underground Cult Associations :
Credit Card Information :
Do You Have Any Pets? Yes ( ) No ( )
Do You Believe In The Supernatural? Yes ( ) No ( )
Mind If I Make Fun Of You For It? Yes ( ) No ( )
Anything Else You Feel You Should Share?

-PERSONAL RESPONSES-
Why do you wish to be my friend?
What do you expect to gain from this relationship?
How would you define friendship?
Do you have any talents, skills, or specialties that would interest me in being your friend?
What do you find important for the basis of creating a friendship?
Do you believe you can be friends with a person radically different from yourself, who maybe shares only one real factor in common with you?

-QUICK INTEREST CHECKLIST (Yes or No or Somewhat)-
Do you have an interest in anime?
Do you have an interest in manga?
Do you have an interest in video games?
Do you have an interest in pretentiousness?
Do you have the desire to own the Sudetenland?
Do you have an interest in necrophilia?
Do you possess a twisted, or rather unusual sense of humor?
Do you have a love of art, digitally?
Do you have a love of art, physically?
Do you have an interest in emo/punk music?
Do you have an interest in J-pop/rock music?
Do you have an interest in orchestrated or symphonic music?
Do you have an interest in foreign languages?
Do you like cheesecake?
Do you have undeniable urges to harass others out of the blue with random songs?
Is sarcasm your cup of tea?
Do you have a fondness of 1337 speak?
Do you enjoy receiving often offensive or otherwise non-PG-13 links?
Do you have a tendency to *poke*, *prod*, or otherwise *touch* people you IM?
Do you have an interest in poetry, horrible, wonderful, or otherwise?
Do you have an interest in role-playing?
Are you prone to daring friends to commit idiotic acts or are you such a friend?

And that’s it! You’re done. All you have to do is send this baby back to me and finalize your answers by putting your name in the blank below (reading what you're agreeing to is a good idea as well). Thank you!

I, __________________________, hereby swear that any and all answers above were done so by me, falsified or otherwise. I understand that because of my answers, I may or may not be liked and thus not become a friend of , also known as Genius Lynx. I also recognize the fact that regardless of filling out this form and having its answers meet ’s (Lynx’s) satisfaction, he still may hate me, if indeed he didn’t like me previous to this. This agreement is not subject to change, even upon revision. I have and read and understood this agreement; my signature (or typed substitute of such) affirms all of this, and Lynx is awesome.

X____________________________________

Formalhaut
11-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Wow, Deep.

I swear I added a poll! Grr. Is there anyway to add one??? A Poll Would Be Nice. :)

Vermachtnis
11-06-2009, 10:34 PM
The ability to put up with me is a big plus. Also someone who isn't all serious business. Those people are the worst. So yea, I'm looking for someone who is fun and a high tolerance to stupidity.

NorthernChaosGod
11-07-2009, 12:04 AM

Who doesn't? Hell, I don't even smoke weed and I have access.

Christmas
11-07-2009, 12:48 AM

Oh, that is how you add friends. i get it now! :jess:

Duce of Daggers
11-07-2009, 03:31 AM
Who doesn't? Hell, I don't even smoke weed and I have access.

so right

possibly :shifty:

Formalhaut
11-07-2009, 07:56 PM
It Would Be A Odd Way Of Making Friends.. Smoking Pot Then Befriending A Local Druggie Or Dealer :/

Booga
11-07-2009, 09:12 PM
All of my friends I either met by chance or through friends. I trust each of my friends and know that if I needed support, or someone to help me drink vast amounts of beer with then at least one of them would be there for me. My bestest and oldest friend I lost contact with while I was doing my GCSE's and then two years ago while at a houes party we bumped into each other and it was like we'd never been apart.

Duce of Daggers
11-07-2009, 09:12 PM
It Would Be A Odd Way Of Making Friends.. Smoking Pot Then Befriending A Local Druggie Or Dealer :/

that's the only way to make friends:D

LunarWeaver
11-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Anyone who doesn't cower when I admit I still wish I could go back in time to prom and kill everyone the same way Carrie White did.

NorthernChaosGod
11-08-2009, 03:51 AM

Haven't you seen Pineapple Express?

Vyk
11-08-2009, 04:09 AM

Yeah, mine's been pending for like a year LawL

I look for .... I dunno. Camaraderie! Lets go do stuff

Duce of Daggers
11-08-2009, 07:20 AM

Haven't you seen Pineapple Express?

http://www.pineappleexpressdvd.com/images/Pineapple-Express.jpg

now that you mention it that is one of my fave movies

Montoya
11-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Trust.