PDA

View Full Version : Sleeptalking

Madame Adequate
11-07-2009, 11:23 AM
The night before last, I was up playing games and Jess had gone to bed earlier than me. As she was sleeping she rolled over and mumbled something, and I said "What?" out of instinct. She immediately replied in a loud, clear voice "If you did something academic, it would be an improvement." She did not respond to my inquiry "An improvement over what?"

She's the first person I've met who will speak full (If inscrutable) sentences in their sleep! My granny Sadie will say individual words, such as a person's name, but I've never met anyone who speaks like Jess does.

What are your experiences with people talking in their sleep? :jess:

Christmas
11-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Did Rye drools while saying that or did she drool while sleeping? :bigsmile:

Rantz
11-07-2009, 11:45 AM
My brother yells nonsensical sentences about computers in his sleep! :jess: At least he used to when we lived in the same house, I don't know about now. "Click the fucking mouse on the sofa!" and such.

VexNet
11-07-2009, 02:21 PM
my girlfriend sleeptalks quite often.

I've had some really bizarre conversations.

Duce of Daggers
11-07-2009, 03:30 PM
my mom speaks in toungue in her sleep

Meat Puppet
11-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Can I be your dad?

Badge
11-07-2009, 04:58 PM
I stayed at a friends once and I was awoken by "GET OFF ME"

I was like..'.is someone in here?!' Turns out she was just having some bad dreams in her sleep, freaky stuff.

Breine
11-07-2009, 05:00 PM
You can have entire conversations about very random stuff with my mom while she's sleeping. She also frequently laughs (like out loud) in her sleep. Good fun :)

Moon Rabbits
11-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Oh jeez. My older brother is really bad for that, and sleepwalking. He yells things like "where are my rainbows?" and wanders to the kitchen and makes meals, or pours himself a glass of water - asleep the entire time. One time he got in an argument with his pillow and started punching it.

Sometimes I talk in my sleep, but not usually real words/sentences ... just mumbling or whatever. I snore, though, and have made myself wake up because I was screaming on two different occasions. That was weird.

Psychotic
11-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Apparently I am the meanest one on the coast. Whatever coast that is I am not entirely sure, but it warranted a punch.

Booga
11-07-2009, 05:37 PM
I used to live with a guy who talked in his sleep, one of our flatmates came home one night to find us fast asleep on the sofa talking to eachother in our sleep.

Freya
11-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I woke myself up last night saying "No" really loudly. I talk in my sleep a lot.

rubah
11-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I had to reassure my roommate last year that yes, she did get them all, and yes, she could just go back to sleep, don't worry.

no idea what she could've been talking about

Bunny
11-07-2009, 05:57 PM
My girlfriend giggles in her sleep. It scared the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of me one time.

Shattered Dreamer
11-07-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm terrible for sleep talking. I often agree to do things, insult people, console people all in my sleep :P

Raistlin
11-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't really talk in a deep sleep, but when I'm just-barely-not-awake-yet I can carry on full, lucid conversations with people but then I'll just fall back into a deeper sleep and not remember any of it. This resulted in quite a few conversations along these lines when growing up:

Me: I'm late! Mom, why didn't you wake me up?
Mom: I did. You even said you were up and getting ready.
Me: ... No I didn't.

Shoeberto
11-07-2009, 11:58 PM
I've heard Allie sleep talk a few different times, and it's always been fairly weird stuff. I'm a light sleeper so the sound would wake me up, but I'd be so out of it that I would take a few minutes to parse the fact that she was just babbling nonsense and not actually saying anything xD

Montoya
11-09-2009, 07:51 AM
My brother does it, though not as much as he used to. It's more annoying that he grinds his teeth in his sleep. :mad2: