PDA

View Full Version : The Cave to the Sealed Gate...

Umaro_Smash
11-07-2009, 11:04 PM
...Needed a boss.

Some powerful magic-wielding esper out of control or something. Hell, or even Ultros. :P

blackmage_nuke
11-07-2009, 11:27 PM
That cave had some of the most ridiculus random encounters in the entire game, and it was annoyingly long if you wanted to collect all the treasures. I feel it was difficult enough without a boss at the end.

Wolf Kanno
11-08-2009, 02:22 AM
Not to mention the optional early encounter with the Ninja. Still, it may have been nice to make the battle with Kefka a little more official.

Vermachtnis
11-08-2009, 04:35 AM
A sylph should have showed up. See them running around the village, but you never get one as a magicite.

Christmas
11-08-2009, 04:39 AM
Or add some dancing girls. They are more entertaining than bosses. :bigsmile:

Slothy
11-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Not to mention the optional early encounter with the Ninja. Still, it may have been nice to make the battle with Kefka a little more official.

Christ, I honestly think that Ninja scarred me in my youth. I still vividly remember the first time I ran into it and got destroyed. Ah to be 9 again.

Inferno
11-09-2009, 04:41 PM
A sylph should have showed up. See them running around the village, but you never get one as a magicite.

I agree. A multi-boss battle would have been cool too. Like the 2 Behemoth in the cave on the veldt. As if espers would try to protect the gate.

Raistlin
11-09-2009, 04:57 PM
That cave had some of the most ridiculus random encounters in the entire game, and it was annoyingly long if you wanted to collect all the treasures. I feel it was difficult enough without a boss at the end.

I agree that it was annoying long to get all the treasures, but there's a difference between random encounters and a boss fight, no matter how tough they are.

Umaro_Smash
11-16-2009, 10:22 PM
That cave had some of the most ridiculus random encounters in the entire game, and it was annoyingly long if you wanted to collect all the treasures. I feel it was difficult enough without a boss at the end.I agree that it was annoying long to get all the treasures, but there's a difference between random encounters and a boss fight, no matter how tough they are.

I agree, plus the cave had a place to save and use a tent, so it wasn't as hard as it could have been.

Plus, that cave can be ridiculously easy if you stock up on fenix down before taking it on.

Mirage
11-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Or a cheaper alternative, revivfy/holy water

Flying Mullet
11-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Or an even cheaper alternative, run.

Or the cheapest alternative, use a cheat! Cuz', you know, cheating is cheap! :spin:

Umaro_Smash
11-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Maybe it felt like the Cave needed a boss was because the only real boss fight from the Cave to the Sealed Gate until Ultros/Chupon/AirForce on the way to the Floating Continent was the FlameEater, which was way too easy if you had Ice 2 or Ice Rod's to go along with Aqua Rake.

I don't count Ultros v.3 because it's really more of a introduction to Relm/the Sketch ability than an actual boss fight.

Greatermaximus
12-04-2009, 03:25 AM
It's one of those places that you feel like you miss something to get. Despite my extensive play, I don't know what that Ninja meant when you beat him?

Is he talking about something in the cave? I guess I could faq.

The Turk
12-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Isn't the Ninja talking about the two hidden items on the floor that you can't see?

Saber
12-08-2009, 11:36 PM
There is four buried treasures in the sealed gate all round the same area. That's what he is refering to.