PDA

View Full Version : Me and my Harmonica

redxiiii
11-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Hey guys, so i bought this cheapo harmonica today from a quirky little toy shop as an impulse buy but now i'm seriously thinking of trying to learn how to play the thing...soooo do any harmonica enthusiasts know of any decent websites that do good free lessons or worthwile guides to pick up?
Help would be much appreciated in helping me to achieve my dream...of the week. (i get a new one every seven days...bit like the girl from Ring really.):)

Rye
11-09-2009, 05:02 AM
I don't have any advice, but play that harmonica. Play it hard.

Because unless I'm very strange and it only does it for me, the harmonica gets the pants off of girls. Pants off.

Too bad it's usually only played by old men and 11 year old girls with braces.

Meat Puppet
11-09-2009, 05:24 AM
Would have saved you time by just going to Google and searching for sites that way. You don’t really need lessons, anyway; just keeping sucking and blowing until you get the desired effect.

And for the record, the harmonica does nothing toward getting the pants of girls—if anything, it only fortifies the pantitude.

Raistlin
11-09-2009, 05:27 AM
I was looking at the GC index and thought "wait, I responded to this thread???" Stupid name changes.

You don’t really need lessons, anyway; just keeping sucking and blowing until you get the desired effect.

I would say "that's what she said," but my college roommate ruined that phrase for me.

Rye
11-09-2009, 05:30 AM
Would have saved you time by just going to Google and searching for sites that way. You don’t really need lessons, anyway; just keeping sucking and blowing until you get the desired effect.

And for the record, the harmonica does nothing toward getting the pants of girls—if anything, it only fortifies the pantitude.

Am I a little weirdo, Liam? :(

Meat Puppet
11-09-2009, 05:38 AM
I should say doesn’t work for me; I’m sure the mouth harping of some toothless old black guy has no problem causing them panties fly.

XxSephirothxX
11-09-2009, 05:40 AM
Listen to Little Walter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Walter).

Madame Adequate
11-09-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't have any advice, but play that harmonica. Play it hard.

Because unless I'm very strange and it only does it for me, the harmonica gets the pants off of girls. Pants off.

Every time you list some characteristic or skill which you find attractive, I lose a little self-esteem. I must be the most failure person ever if you find me attractive. :( Play the harmonica, snaggle teeth, dressed like Carl from Up... :(

Shlup
11-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Dudes who can play the harmonica are hot.

Rye
11-09-2009, 12:09 PM

hi5!

Christmas
11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Hobos and prisoners are pretty good I guess. It isn't that hard to get into jail nowadays to learn it from them. :bigsmile:

Psychotic
11-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I got a harmonica with some book that told you how to do it for Christmas when I was like, ten. I could play London Bridge is Falling Down on it, although I gave it up because your mouth tastes and feels terrible afterwards.

rubah
11-09-2009, 02:59 PM
guys can play the harmonica, so like... road gangs? x_XXXXXXXXXXXX

Booga
11-09-2009, 03:32 PM
I still have my Grandads harmonica, never play the thing, and wouldn't know where to begin. I can remember when I was very young him playing it. He was pretty good.

Quindiana Jones
11-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I once instigated a 17 person orgy just by holding a harmonica. I tell you, my friend, I hadn't had that much fun with a musical instrument since I fucked that accordion.

Rye
11-09-2009, 03:36 PM
I knew I was right about the harmonica being an aphrodisiac.

redxiiii
11-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Who would've thought a thread about a harmonica would lead to talk of orgies and girls underwear, well thanks anyway guys you've all been semi-helpful, thanks for trying...sorta.

demondude
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Learn to play it while singing, if you catch my drift.

Raistlin
11-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Who would've thought a thread about a harmonica would lead to talk of orgies and girls underwear...

I see you're new around here.

Rye
11-09-2009, 10:42 PM

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/lembit-opik.jpg

EDIT: That was Huxley's post. And that's Huxley's uncle. His uncle that can play harmonica and serenades women with it. :(

I still maintain that some harmonica players are hot... :(