PDA

View Full Version : Dream Jobs

Chemical
11-13-2009, 02:05 AM
I just got an interview at EB games, like 8 years ago that would have been my dream job.
I'll still take it if I can get it.

PS. Update me on all the hottest upcoming games so I look like I know what I'm talking about.
My oldschool knowledge is probably not valid in this new millenia.

Also, what is your dream job?

Yar
11-13-2009, 02:07 AM
I've never had a dream job. I've always wondered why one would "dream" about working.

Bunny
11-13-2009, 02:10 AM
My dream job would be having sex with many female movie stars.

Shiny
11-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Anything involving the storytelling side of cinema. Getting closer and closer to that dream coming true.

Levian
11-13-2009, 02:56 AM
Video Game tester. amirite guys, tellmeimrite

Raistlin
11-13-2009, 04:22 AM
A few weeks ago I met with a bunch of Assistant US Attorneys. That seems like it would be a pretty cool job. I could see myself arguing from either side of the aisle in criminal law.

In the future (like, way in the future), I think ideally I'd like to be a judge at some point. But I'm far from certain on that.

Booga
11-13-2009, 10:04 AM
I want to work as a counceller for young adults.

Breine
11-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Being a culture journalist would be great. Either that or opening my own CD store/cafe... sitting around all day listening to music.. mmmm.

But really, anything having to do with culture or art.

Rye
11-13-2009, 12:31 PM
1) College Professor <--- seems to be the most likely, if I achieve any of these dream sort of jobs.
2) Psychiatrist
3) Owning a business/small cafe for some specific, like sewing or pasta sauce.

Slothy
11-13-2009, 02:22 PM
A friend and I have plans to start developing video games. Who knows if we'll make any money, but I think we have the talent and the drive to make something good. Whether or not other people agree with us is another matter.

Christmas
11-13-2009, 02:50 PM
MY DREAM JOB IS TO BE A LOVELY HOUSEWIFE THATS TAKE CARE OF THE HOUSE WHILE MY HUBBY IS OUT AT WORK AND WAIT FOR HIM TO COME HOME WITH DINNER READY! :bigsmile:

Badge
11-13-2009, 03:53 PM
I just got an interview at EB games, like 8 years ago that would have been my dream job.
I'll still take it if I can get it.

PS. Update me on all the hottest upcoming games so I look like I know what I'm talking about.
My oldschool knowledge is probably not valid in this new millenia.

Also, what is your dream job?

I worked at Game for a while, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Nice to get discount on games though. And yes, knowing what games are coming up in the next 9million years is handy, and bitching at the EA rep when he comes in is also fun...actually working at Game was awesome, I miss it :(. Now I work at Claire's Accessories :( Hair bands are not so interesting.

My dream job would be to get paid for doing nothing.
Realistically, live sound engineer, foley artist or game sound engineer :D

scrumpleberry
11-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Hahhaahhaha I have like 50 dream jobs. Everybody would fall asleep gotten got mcgotty if I listed them.

Shoeberto
11-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Probably writing/directing either video games or movies!

Moon Rabbits
11-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Trophy wife, homewrecker, celebutante, socialite, cafe owner, clothing designer, writer.

rubah
11-13-2009, 07:28 PM
astronauting? :D

Christmas
11-13-2009, 11:54 PM
No one mention anything about blow or blowing in this thread? ccccchhhhuuuu~~~~~ :bigsmile:

P4ine
11-14-2009, 12:05 AM
The idea of sitting there with Nobuo Uematsu and/or Yoko Shimomura composing tracks for the upcoming FF/KH games gives me goosebumps every time I think about it.
So working as a composer at SE.

But playing in an Orchestra/Philharmony also seems pretty far out of reach for me and is consequently a job I'd call a "Dream Job".

NorthernChaosGod
11-14-2009, 12:18 AM
I like how no one (at least on the first page) has offered help in the second area.
I haven't kept up with video games enough to know about what's upcoming other than what I really want.

My dream job is being a damn oncologist. :cool:

Montoya
11-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Undercover cop.

Barraza
11-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Most definitely a rock star or a model. Bonus if I get both. Even better if I get to stay the same person while I do that.

(In other words: I'm assuming I just get this dream job, so it's not like I take on the role of an already existing celebrity. If that's the case, then I could both be obsessed over and taken care of and have a good style in personality, with an intelligent mind. All win.)