What is the most important thing for you

Does self preservation come before all?

Do your friends come first?

Does your family come first?

after you say which one you choose
Explain your reasoning

why your choice is most important?

i choose self preservation above all.
who else do you have left when your friends are gone?
and could you always expect your friends to back you up in a fight?

demondude
11-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Family comes first. It is a boring and sterile life when all you care about is self-preservation imo.

krissy
11-13-2009, 06:03 PM
I pity you who does not understand. Everything is important to me!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/spikeyblitz/ffacc8.jpg

theundeadhero
11-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Having fun.

Raistlin
11-13-2009, 09:02 PM
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

/obligatory

Christmas
11-13-2009, 10:26 PM
I pity you who does not understand. Everything is important to me!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/spikeyblitz/ffacc8.jpg

P4ine
11-14-2009, 12:01 AM
To lead a quiet, happy life?
Which would include both preservation and self-fulfil(l?)ment, especially the second in my case.
Of course family and friends are important as well, but doesn't charity begin at home first? (Or rather at yourself?)

It's not like I hadn't good friends I care about -in fact, I sh*t care and love my friends/family-, but this appears more evident to me.

NorthernChaosGod
11-14-2009, 12:19 AM
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

/obligatory

FUCK. YES.

~*~Celes~*~
11-14-2009, 03:48 AM
I tend to care too much for my friends and family and not enough for myself...According to my friends and family.

Anaralia
11-14-2009, 05:11 AM
My daughter comes first and above all. My self preservation comes after that, and my husband's well being as well. Then comes everything else.

Montoya
11-14-2009, 06:50 AM
What's important? Trust. Not enough going around.

Duce of Daggers
11-14-2009, 03:12 PM
My daughter comes first and above all. My self preservation comes after that, and my husband's well being as well. Then comes everything else.

and that i understand it's a mother's obligation to take care of their child

but the reason i i take care of myself first is because i have no strong family ties

Mirage
11-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Myself, probably. But if I can see a way to save both myself and people I care about, I probably would take it even if it put me at a significant risk. An obvious suicide to save someone else however, that's not my thing.

Jiro
11-14-2009, 03:40 PM
I tend to put others ahead of myself. I used to do it to such a high degree that I actually neglected my own well being and that was pretty dodgy. But I feel like, if I can help a bunch of people then hopefully they'll continue etc. There was a movie about it but the name escapes me. Oh wait, it's called Pay It Forward. Yeah, I try to do that. So far not much good luck has come back to me, but that's okay, I've seen evidence that my work is helping people so I'm good ^_^

Vermachtnis
11-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Tacos! Just kidding, sort of. I prioritize having fun above all else. I won't do anything that's boring and if I get bored I'll just leave. Or try and make it fun.

Anaralia
11-14-2009, 06:24 PM

but the reason i i take care of myself first is because i have no strong family ties
Oh I so totally understand. Before I had my kid I didn't have any strong family ties either, and I'm still distant from my family, outside of my very immediate three-person ring.

No judging here.

Duce of Daggers
11-15-2009, 03:55 PM

Oh I so totally understand. Before I had my kid I didn't have any strong family ties either, and I'm still distant from my family, outside of my very immediate three-person ring.

No judging here.

and i respect any mother that is willing to go to the ends of the earth for their child

my sister is the exact opposite.
she keeps pawning her son off on other people.:(

the only person i am close to is probably my nephew. who sadly enough is only 2 years of age.

i have a few good friends. but i wouldn't call myself devoted to them.
a lot of people tend to think that I'm emotionally distant. Antisocial i suppose. which i usually try to stay distant i hate pouring my heart out to people.

Absconditus_Oraculum
11-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Truth.

Family, friends... your relationships with these people are what you precive them to be.
The friends you choose, the things you do, all based on what you believe. You may be right, or when it counts most you could find out you were very wrong. Some people even try to ignor or avoid things because they want to keep trusting some one. But if the truth is they can't, whatever they tell themselves won't change it. Me, I'd rather know even if it breaks up the relationship. Even if the other peson believes as much as you do, but when it matters most people dont always act as they believe they will. Wheather its knowing for sure that you really can't/couldn't trust some one, or finding out that you could after all, when theres no room for dout either way, thats something to value. Sometimes the one you can count on the most is the one you'd expect the least. Truth is a rare, valuable thing, and it can change everything.

(sorry if this all doesn't flow together well spelling, ect., in a hurry and had to rush near the end)

Booga
11-17-2009, 12:38 PM
The most important thing to me is my Mr Booga and my friends, they are a second family to me, and I would do anything for them and to keep them safe and happy.