PDA

View Full Version : Online and Offline

SuperMillionaire
11-14-2009, 04:23 AM
I think that XIV should be made in two alternate versions: online and offline, the latter having a fixed cast of characters.

Levian
11-14-2009, 04:31 AM
I'd rather they went on to making FFXV than telling the same story twice.

Jiro
11-14-2009, 11:51 AM
All they need to do is introduce NPC party characters and you've effectively got that. But the pull is supposed to be the 'playing with others' thing.

Rostum
11-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Having two versions is unrealistic in every aspect. It's online, and it's staying that way.

Raistlin
11-14-2009, 04:36 PM

Yeah, pretty much. Making an offline version of FFXIV would basically require making an entirely different game, so that energy would probably be better spent making, y'know, an entirely different game.

Jessweeee♪
11-19-2009, 05:45 AM
I think that XIV should be made in two alternate versions: online and offline, the latter having a fixed cast of characters.

I quite liked that about Phantasy Star Universe. Of course I could never play online, so I don't know how it holds up as an MMO xD

Rostum
11-19-2009, 10:35 AM

I quite liked that about Phantasy Star Universe. Of course I could never play online, so I don't know how it holds up as an MMO xD

Possibly one of the most hated online games.

SuperMillionaire
01-14-2010, 07:03 PM
The reason why I would like an offline adaptation is because I don't think I can play online...

nirojan
01-14-2010, 08:30 PM
well they announced it for online...so It's probably going to be online

AntRid
01-14-2010, 10:06 PM
The reason why I would like an offline adaptation is because I don't think I can play online...
They’ll probably have an option to play without the need of a credit card if that your problem. Time cards are a good thing.

Rad Bromance
01-15-2010, 03:25 AM
This.

SuperMillionaire
01-15-2010, 04:57 PM
They’ll probably have an option to play without the need of a credit card if that your problem. Time cards are a good thing.

How exactly would that work?

Ouch!
01-15-2010, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't get too excited about non-credit card payment until Square Enix starts talking about it. They've been notoriously resilient to using other methods of payment.

SuperMillionaire
01-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Oh... but I'd still like to know how it would work...

Rad Bromance
01-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Oh... but I'd still like to know how it would work...
You know how you can go to a store and buy a card with Xbox Live points/PSN money on them, you take it home and enter a code and it pays for stuff?

I assume it'd be similar to that.

Mirage
01-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Or WoW game cards.

Tavrobel
01-16-2010, 01:17 AM

I think that Square Enix sucks at balancing single-player and multi-player environments at the same time. This isn't an RTS.

Rad Bromance
01-16-2010, 03:28 AM
Or WoW game cards.
That's a much better comparison. I didn't even know they existed. :p

Dr.M
03-17-2010, 08:40 AM

yep. means im never going to play XIV which is a shame because it looks like a lot of fun and the visuals look amazing.

SuperMillionaire
03-17-2010, 07:31 PM

I think that Square Enix sucks at balancing single-player and multi-player environments at the same time. This isn't an RTS.

What is an RTS?

Rostum
03-17-2010, 11:12 PM

What is an RTS?

Real Time Strategy. Like Starcraft, Warcraft, etc.

SuperMillionaire
03-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Oh. What's that about?

nirojan
03-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Oh. What's that about?

It's in it's name...Stradegy that you must compile and execute in real time. Wow you must be the first guy i've ever met (online anyways) that didn't know starcraft or Warcraft. And i mean, even in my high school the sluttiest chicks atleast had a vague idea of what it was. It's like those command and concur games. Where you make units, harvest resources and fight other people by clicking attack.

If you still dont get it....Then you just aint gettin it.
lolz jkin.....google it or wiki it!

Meat Puppet
03-20-2010, 04:05 AM
so the conclusion is they should make an offline, online, and RTS version of XIV
so my input is, along with all of those, they should also make a first person shooter and a racing version of XIV
you know, to appease the people who can't play RPGs or RTSs

SuperMillionaire
03-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Oh. What's that about?

It's in it's name...Stradegy that you must compile and execute in real time. Wow you must be the first guy i've ever met (online anyways) that didn't know starcraft or Warcraft. And i mean, even in my high school the tiest chicks atleast had a vague idea of what it was. It's like those command and concur games. Where you make units, harvest resources and fight other people by clicking attack.

If you still dont get it....Then you just aint gettin it.
lolz jkin.....google it or wiki it!

I've heard about Warcraft beore, but I don't know much about it.

Ouch!
03-25-2010, 09:03 PM
command and concur
<3

Yeargdribble
03-26-2010, 02:36 AM
command and concur
<3

Command and Concur. So they made a game about my exploits in EoEO?

bipper
03-26-2010, 03:32 AM
command and concur
<3

Command and Concur. So they made a game about my exploits in EoEO?

el oh el.