PDA

View Full Version : If you had to change something in Dissidia...

Raideen
11-14-2009, 06:43 AM
What would you have changed?

I woulda had Seifer as the enemy of Squall in the chaos side than Ultimecia because gunblade duels between em would look sick as hell. And it IS more appropriate IF Seifer was there instead of Ultimecia.

black orb
11-14-2009, 07:13 PM
>>> I would change nothing, this is the first dissidia game and is pretty good..
Now if they decide to make Dissidia 2, then I would like to see lots of more FF characters..http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/Luca-Walk-Front.gif

Darkwolf090
11-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Seifer for the villain from FF8, better alt outfits... other then that nothing really

P4ine
11-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Free movement in the worlds.. I didn't like the board-style you actually move with...
And unfortunately Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep will be like this too, only battles will feature free movement... so no actual worlds you can freely move in.

Maybe I expect too much from a PSP game, but that's what I'd changed: A world to move in freely.

arcanedude34
11-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Ditch the chessboard thing, better alternate costumes, plot lines that weren't just shouting meaningless catchphrases back and forth, and making sure they got the characters' personalities right.

I Don't Need A Name
11-16-2009, 12:09 AM
Use the more interesting characters, rather than the mains

Zeromus
11-16-2009, 12:58 AM
Kuja's voice in the US version -.-
Specially that so UGLY laugh in the cg movie when Kuja v/s Zidane Boss battle starts on Zidane story mode. That laugh sucks -.-!!! Kuja's US voice sucks Behemoth ****s D:!

Another thing I probably would like to change is the entire dialogue script and/or story events -.- ...
Is so stupid at times... (as we (me and others) agreed in some thread before...)

And as P4ine said, maybe I would change the board-style system to a free movement world in the story mode... that would be awesome *-*!

P4ine
11-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Don't know, but some "special characters" from other SE games would have been great as well, I think.
Maybe SORA (ohhh surprise), some Dragon Quest or Valkyrie Profile characters.

Or at least just as I Don't Need A Name said, more (interesting) characters but not only the mains.

I also didn't like the american voiceover, so it also would have been great if they had given the player the choice to choose between either Japanese or English voices.

Wolf Kanno
11-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Better Alternate outfits for some of the characters (WoL, Zidane, Gabranth), I wish they could have at least tried to make a workable version of Safer Sephiroth for Sephy's Ex-Mode, Ultimecia needs her entire move list reworked, a Diamond set and Diamond+ set for all types of equipment.

Choice between Japanese audio though to be honest, I had mixed feelings about the Japanese voice over as well. While I prefer the Japanese VA for Kuja cause he sounds more sophisticated, on the other hand, I preferred the English VA for Zidane cause he actually sounds like his age instead of a kid. I also would have missed hearing Gabranth's VA as I felt the English version of XII's localization is actually better than the Japanese.

Zeromus
11-16-2009, 08:40 PM
I also didn't like the american voiceover, so it also would have been great if they had given the player the choice to choose between either Japanese or English voices.

If I'm not wrong, for all of us happiness :B ... "Dissidia Final Fantasy: Universal Tuning" has that option to choose wich voices you want to hear, but I'm not sure if the subtitles can be chosen too... cause this was supposed to be released on japan... but it might be...
It was said that this version was going to be released on November 2009, this month, and I've seen it's already out... has someone tried it?

Choice between Japanese audio though to be honest, I had mixed feelings about the Japanese voice over as well. While I prefer the Japanese VA for Kuja cause he sounds more sophisticated, on the other hand, I preferred the English VA for Zidane cause he actually sounds like his age instead of a kid. I also would have missed hearing Gabranth's VA as I felt the English version of XII's localization is actually better than the Japanese.

Yeah, me too... I prefer the Japanese voice for Kuja, Gabranth, Chaos, and others... But I prefer english voices for Shantotto and Cloud Of Darkness... I think their english voice actresses made an awesome work far better the jap ones...

arcanedude34
11-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Honestly, I quite liked most voices. Even Yuri Lowenthall gave a decent reading as Cecil (for the most part... I KNEW I WOULD TRIUMPH!!!). The only ones I really don't like is Kuja's and Kefka's, which aren't bad so much as unfitting to the characters. Ultimecia and CoD are the best in my opinion.