PDA

View Full Version : OMG A GIRL!!! ATTACK!!!!(chick only discussion)

Garnie
11-15-2009, 12:03 PM
No seriously, that's what happens when your on Xbox live and dedicate some time for online fableing: Allow me to rant!

Everytime im on Xbox live and im playing fable, fifa or any other game, im constantly getting people messaging me saying " hello sexeh" or " your looking fit" or " your voice is hawt!!" and "your avatars gorg, lets cyber!!! ;)"

Because god forbid there are female gamers out there, that arnt coming on to you. To be fair I have had some gamers talk to me about items in the game or offering me help, but as soon as thats outta the way, they all start getting personell and asking me where i live and how old am i and if i gotta boyfriend. one asked me what i was wearing once. I COULD BE A MAN!! a big hairy man....

This happens about 89% of the time for me, in an act of desperation i even put on my profile MASSIVE hints that im engaged happily, but it hasn't worked. do you guys get it too, has it made your online gaming experience as annoying as mine?

Discuss

I have created a page on facebook to gather all us girlys so go join!!
Xbox Estrogen (http://www.facebook.com/kim.pickstock?v=feed&story_fbid=199679770158#/pages/Xbox-Estrogen/168982344247?ref=mf)

Christmas
11-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Strange, from the online games I played recently, no one really cares about your gender anymore.

demondude
11-15-2009, 12:14 PM
boobs or gtfo

Shlup
11-15-2009, 12:19 PM
They're looooonely.

vinnie's mini's
11-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Unfortunately I don't own an xbox but I do know how annoying that is when you're playing a game online. I've played several online games and I'll get this from guy players too - Even when I've tried to make my character look as unattractive as possible >.>

Sure, I don't mind when other players want to help - but sometimes it does seem like certain people see a girl player and they instantly think 'OH my GOD! A girl player! She obviously can't play as well as us GUYS can! Lets go help and maybe I'll get something in return!', I mean seriously, girls can play games just as well as any guy could. Then there's the guy player that seems to stalk you EVERYWHERE you go - That is annoying as hell.

Sometimes I just make my character a guy to avoid this, and most of the time (As long as they don't find out you're a girl) it does work.

But yes, it does annoy me sometimes =/

Badge
11-15-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't give people an opportunity to think I'm a girl! And if I do get 10million adds, I block them :D

G13
11-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I've played Halo with the occasional girl, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't give them :bou::bou::bou::bou:, but that's only cause they turn into bitches. I try and have a normal conversation whilst shedding some blood and I get yelled at for harshing their spree with my talking. Who are they kidding? They weren't doing very well! There was no spree on their part!

It's funny if they're on the other team because you can catch snippets of them yelling at whoever killed them like they're just one of the guys.

Anyways, I like playing with girls, but I don't ignore rudeness just because you are of the opposite gender. But, I have been known to be a big jerk when it comes to Halo screamers.

Madame Adequate
11-15-2009, 02:38 PM
I am of the opinion that the best way for me to make female friends and no longer be a lonely virgin is to comment about every female I ever come across as though I have never met one of these mythical beings before, and to obnoxiously comment on the fact that they are female (Women aren't generally smart enough to identify this fact, after all!) and ask whether they are available, attractive (They sound it!), and interested.

It has not worked yet but I am sure it will one day. :)

(PS: I once was waiting for the round to start in Halo 3 when some dude starts some lighthearted abuse at me. I don't say anything, but after a moment he stops talking, and I hear a voice in the background. He then replies to her "Well of course I don't know him, that's why I'm being a dick!" It's mostly just the nature of the beast.)

Shattered Dreamer
11-15-2009, 05:32 PM
I am of the opinion that the best way for me to make female friends and no longer be a lonely virgin is to comment about every female I ever come across as though I have never met one of these mythical beings before, and to obnoxiously comment on the fact that they are female (Women aren't generally smart enough to identify this fact, after all!) and ask whether they are available, attractive (They sound it!), and interested.

It has not worked yet but I am sure it will one day. :)

(PS: I once was waiting for the round to start in Halo 3 when some dude starts some lighthearted abuse at me. I don't say anything, but after a moment he stops talking, and I hear a voice in the background. He then replies to her "Well of course I don't know him, that's why I'm being a dick!" It's mostly just the nature of the beast.)

It is behavior like this that is solely to blame for your virginity :tongue:

To be honest people who hit on chicks during online games are perpetuating the nerdy loser stereotype gamers are constantly stuck with. If you are doing this you are behaving like a retard & you make me sick:mad2:! There are chicks who are gaming trying to relax & up comes loserboy99 asking her how big her tits are! Have some respect because if you do this you are without doubt a bona fide loser. Peace!

Vermachtnis
11-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Strange, from the online games I played recently, no one really cares about your gender anymore.

Same here, people usually don't care if I'm a guy or girl. I've only been asked twice if I am really a girl. And I'm a straight forward about it. Of course given my personality and quirks most people assume I really am a girl :p

My avatar was followed once by some kid who didn't speak english. So even yelling at him that I was a guy didn't him. So I led him into a place with strong demons and changed channel. Stupid strange spanish dialect speaking stalker :mad:

Jessweeee♪
11-15-2009, 06:54 PM
I don't have the opportunity to play online much. My friends and I hijacked my brother's Xbox to play Halo 3 on his live account and during rounds where I had the mic people were like "aw fuck another 10 year old" and give me a bunch of :bou::bou::bou::bou: for that. I guess I sound like a little boy.

Moon Rabbits
11-15-2009, 07:09 PM
My XBLA id is Beverly Heels and creepy men talk to me all the time and it is fun to disgust them.

Psychotic
11-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Reasons why Xbox Live users don't like me:

- PsychoticWalrus? That's a dumb name, I hate you!
- You have a whole bunch of social games? Play ranked you faggot.
- You're British? Ha ha ha Britain is gay!
- You killed me repeatedly teabagging me each and every time! smurf you!

People on Xbox Live will find any excuse to hate a playah. The best way to respond is to troll them :monster:

Seraphic
11-16-2009, 03:23 AM
I kinda hate when players assume that you are a girl just because you play as a female character in a game, and then they get all up in your face with messages about A/S/L and other shiet.
I'm a guy who happens to like Chun-li, get over it! >[

LunarWeaver
11-16-2009, 03:43 AM
If I'm not wearing my headset and someone else is, they usually refer to me as "He" (or "Homeboy" if they're the type that talks a lot and loud) no matter what. I haven't had anyone assume I'm female for a long time. Though if I were ever to play a MMORPG I would totally pick a girl and act like one so the men would be nicer to me and give me things. I'm not above it.

Shiny
11-16-2009, 03:58 AM
I got a stalker who doesn't even speak English and sounds like a little boy because he probably is. Now I regret saying, "Hola" to him while Haloing with Paul and Dan.

Garnie
11-16-2009, 09:23 AM
so im not alone?!! i didnt think so.

Well i was back fableing again last night and some jerk of asked me if i was a girl i said yes like a dumb ass and then he asked me if i wanted to talk dirty. i said no get a life and blocked comms.

This type of stuff is destroying online gaming for me. I love Fable online because when im bored with the game play i like to help others out, now im getting constantly pissed off and sounding like a lesbian feminist because zee males have annoyed me for zee last time.

Why is it so shocking that woman game?? Why do we have put up with this crap?? and what can we do about it?? i would just shut up and deal with it, but i say NO DAMN IT!!!

Iceglow
11-16-2009, 11:20 AM

People on Xbox Live will find any excuse to hate a playah. The best way to respond is to troll them :monster:

Or you could just have me online with you. I'm brutal to anyone who gets in my grill I leave them fried, denied and crying like a little baby..or sounding like a fucking chihauha (sp?) lol

Christmas
11-16-2009, 11:22 AM
I got a stalker who doesn't even speak English and sounds like a little boy because he probably is. Now I regret saying, "Hola" to him while Haloing with Paul and Dan.

WAS IT YOUR AWESOME AND COOL BEST FRIEND DEVIL MAN?

Psychotic
11-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I got a stalker who doesn't even speak English and sounds like a little boy because he probably is. Now I regret saying, "Hola" to him while Haloing with Paul and Dan.Is that the one we tortured until he left? Because if so ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Bunny
11-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Sometimes in WoW I pretend that I am a girl to get free stuff from idiots or to get boys to do things for me because I am lazy and cute.

Most girls suck at games.

Shattered Dreamer
11-16-2009, 07:09 PM

Well i was back fableing again last night and some jerk of asked me if i was a girl i said yes like a dumb ass and then he asked me if i wanted to talk dirty. i said no get a life and blocked comms.

This type of stuff is destroying online gaming for me. I love Fable online because when im bored with the game play i like to help others out, now im getting constantly pissed off and sounding like a lesbian feminist because zee males have annoyed me for zee last time.

Why is it so shocking that woman game?? Why do we have put up with this crap?? and what can we do about it?? i would just shut up and deal with it, but i say NO DAMN IT!!!

I'm guessing my earlier post in this thread went unnoticed then

Garnie
11-16-2009, 08:54 PM

I'm guessing my earlier post in this thread went unnoticed then

well im unsure that any of the eoff guys would do it with me. im annoying lol! anywho i wanna hire a online fable body guard that can liek have a go at the pervs when they crack on to me! any takers ??

Jessweeee♪
11-16-2009, 08:59 PM
I like passing the mic over to one of my male friends when playing, especially when there's younger more gullible kids. They're like ZOMG NO IT'S A DUUUUUDE DDD:

Anaralia
11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
I suck so hard at Halo, so when I play that, I tell everyone that I am a manly man man. I gave myself an ambiguously gendered profile name just so I could switch back and forth. I don't want to add more fuel to the "female players suck" fire.

DK
11-16-2009, 10:49 PM
I suck so hard at Halo, so when I play that, I tell everyone that I am a manly man man. I gave myself an ambiguously gendered profile name just so I could switch back and forth. I don't want to add more fuel to the "female players suck" fire.

tbf it's not like being a man is a prerequisite to being good at Halo, just ask I'm my own MILF, he sucks. :)

Anaralia
11-16-2009, 10:52 PM
HAHAHAHA so does my husband. He's worse than me!

My main worry is that people will say "Ohhhh, she sucks at shooting because she's a girl," and that will make me angry, and I won't even be able to go on an angry shooting rampage because I suck so hard at shooting. But not because I'm a girl!

Freya
11-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Well generally from playing mmo's there are a lot of girls online that do play up the "I'm female tehee normally people don't like me but i'll flirt with you guys and you will like me because you have no idea what I look like or how I am in person :)" And it's annoying. And then that's kinda how a lot of guys think girls will act on games and yeah.

Personally I don't like it. I've split a guild or two calling out girls like that :erm:. Of course she'll have her fanbois but then a lot of people are like "thank god someone said something about it."

Don't go out of your way to flirt and :bou::bou::bou::bou: and you'll be fine.

Jessweeee♪
11-17-2009, 01:44 AM
I don't but people still give me free stuff when I play FFXI anyway xD

Melissaur
11-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Well when I was playing DnD, I was just one of the guys mostly. They called me dude and bro a lot, but every once in a while the would make an of hand comment about me having boobs xD. It was mostly amusing though.

Vyk
11-17-2009, 03:31 AM
I can't remember the last time I played with a girl. They really are pretty rare, at least in the games I play. But I'm old enough to know how to behave myself around them :P I think it'd be fun just 'cause its different. But that's no reason to try to win some smecks out of it

Marshall Banana
11-17-2009, 03:35 AM
When I played FFXI, some guy called xXSephirothXx or something came up to my Taru and said, "LOL LOSER" at one point. Then he left.

kikimm
11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
I don't really play online games very much anymore, but when I did that kind of stuff would happen a lot. "ARE YOU A GIRL?" "I LIKE YOUR HAIR"

I just roll my eyes and move on. It's not that much different than when I'm walking down the street so. Except for the part about them asking if I'm a girl.

Shiny
11-17-2009, 08:31 PM
I got a stalker who doesn't even speak English and sounds like a little boy because he probably is. Now I regret saying, "Hola" to him while Haloing with Paul and Dan.Is that the one we tortured until he left? Because if so ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Most likely, but then he added me as a friend on Xbox Live and on Windows Live Messenger even though I'm sure he couldn't understand wtf we were saying. *shrug*

I don't really play online games very much anymore, but when I did that kind of stuff would happen a lot. "ARE YOU A GIRL?" "I LIKE YOUR HAIR"

I get that "ARE YOU A GIRL" comment in Halo occasionally. I also have gotten the "ARE YOU A LITTLE BOY" comment.

Markus. D
11-17-2009, 09:55 PM
My female toons always get hit on and my male toons always get worshipped... such is the way of Ki Lun~

Most people I get to know on these games (until they see photos/hear my voice) are usually under the impression I'm actually a female due to my somewhat girly behaviour/personality

Iceglow
11-17-2009, 11:15 PM
All I'm gonna say is Second Life, Renmiri can laugh along on this one because she may remember what my avatar there looked like, it was awesome to see just how many sado's hit on me xD It's SECOND LIFE NOT FIRST LIFE!

black orb
11-19-2009, 07:09 PM
>>> Girls and videogames, the greatest Paradox in the universe..http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/Luca-Walk-Front.gif

Garnie
11-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Today i actually went mad at someone asking me if i did girl on girl. i used 25 swearwords 2 of which iv never heard off and unsure of its meaning. i feel kinda better but its just getting worst. i wanna get over it but im slowly being put of gaming online....:(

NorthernChaosGod
11-20-2009, 02:39 AM
Every single girl that I've ever come across on a video games was horrible, except for two chicks on Halo. They absolutely slaughtered me and my friend in a 2v2. It was horrible and very depressing.

What pisses me off, is when girls play Halo or something and think they're awesome when they blow. So I go out of my way to grief them and teabag them.

Garnie
11-20-2009, 08:32 PM
the thing is that most of the female players on xbox live just want to be treated like any other gamer. i certainly do, but i don't. that's what annoys me.

NorthernChaosGod
11-21-2009, 06:51 AM
Not any of the ones I've played against. They either want special treatment because they have boobs and vaginas or they try and act like dudes and talk mad amounts of :bou::bou::bou::bou: when they suck.

Renmiri
11-23-2009, 07:13 AM
All I'm gonna say is Second Life, Renmiri can laugh along on this one because she may remember what my avatar there looked like, it was awesome to see just how many sado's hit on me xD It's SECOND LIFE NOT FIRST LIFE!
:D You looked hot!

I get a lot of flirting on wow when people find out I'm "a girl". Is funny when then I tell them I'm over 30 mom of two.. You can hear the backpedaling and the "get me out of here" from miles away :tongue:

Awrini
11-23-2009, 07:41 AM
I've gotten used to playing games with women. Though in WoW the women that I'm guilded with "have to get used to a lot of, and no go ballistic over, the use of C-bombs, N-grenades and numerous F-sharps." (Quoted portion paraphrased from an Aussie guildie in the most recent female app's discussion thread)

Iceglow
11-23-2009, 10:49 AM
If the girls want to be treated the same as the guys then explain why a woman automatically explains her inability to do the mission F.N.G. (smurfing new guy if you need to know what it translates to, essentially a training mission time trial through a cargo ship mockup) on Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in a time of under 20 seconds (under is stressed because at one point I done the mission dead on 20 seconds, I got given the Vet difficulty reccomendation but not the achievement, when I went back through the next time I managed somehow to squeeze it to 19.6 seconds which put MILF to shame with his 23.2 or whatever he scored :P lol) is down to her being a woman and not because she just can't do it because she doesn't have the gaming skill to do so. I think that it goes both ways, you can't not expect to be treated like the rest of us who get mocked for not managing to do that kind of achievement at least not if you seriously want to be considered a good player and a gamer by nature.

Croyles
11-26-2009, 04:53 AM

Or get a PS3 ;)

60% dont have mics, 10% are total twats, 30% are old enough to not give a crap. :roll2

Yeargdribble
11-26-2009, 06:47 AM
The other day listening to a podcast I realized that girls are in a ridiculous catch 22. They almost cannot be taken seriously in gaming period.

If you talk "like a girl" you don't get taken seriously. But I also have trouble taking girls seriously when they try to be one of the guys. They start throwing out extra swears and talking about how "that chick is hot (see I like bewbz too)."

Almost not matter what you're gonna fall too far to one side or the other. There's almost no area left in the middle for a sweet spot. You're either an attention whore due to being a slut or trying to hard to hang with the guys or you're a girlie girl who isn't a serious gamer.

My wife and I have talked about this quite a bit and even though she really is bi, I admit she comes across wrong in online discussions (on the attention whore side). We could only think of one person who didn't fall hard into a girl gamer stereotype and that was a sweet old (50 years-old) lady who played FFXI with us... and even she would end up on the girlie girl end of the spectrum.

Marshall Banana
11-26-2009, 07:56 AM
If the girls want to be treated the same as the guys then explain why a woman automatically explains her inability to do the mission F.N.G. (smurfing new guy if you need to know what it translates to, essentially a training mission time trial through a cargo ship mockup) on Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in a time of under 20 seconds (under is stressed because at one point I done the mission dead on 20 seconds, I got given the Vet difficulty reccomendation but not the achievement, when I went back through the next time I managed somehow to squeeze it to 19.6 seconds which put MILF to shame with his 23.2 or whatever he scored :P lol) is down to her being a woman and not because she just can't do it because she doesn't have the gaming skill to do so. I think that it goes both ways, you can't not expect to be treated like the rest of us who get mocked for not managing to do that kind of achievement at least not if you seriously want to be considered a good player and a gamer by nature.
It means nothing. I say things like that all the time, jokingly.

Yeargdribble
11-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Another recent example of how girls can't be taken seriously is a comment I read on reddit in response to an article about how Wii has a huge percentage of the female market share.

I'm a girl and hate the wii, I refuse to play my boyfriends, I like my ps3 better.

I this was a guy I would take it as just a statement of opinion. It's not overly fanboyish or anything other than using the word hate instead of simply saying "I prefer my PS3 over the Wii."

But since it's a girl and she makes a point of saying she's a girl I immediately assume she fits into that category that wants to try way too hard to seem hip and seem like she's one of the guys.

Maybe I'm reading my own latent sexism into this, but it's just really difficult to read this type of comment and not think there's some angsty girl trying to show that she can be one of the guys rather than just a chick who happens to like playing games on the PS3.

Marshall Banana
11-26-2009, 09:13 PM
...Isn't the Wii expected to appeal to girls more than other consoles? I assume she was referring to/countering that.

Edge7
02-11-2010, 02:26 AM
This reminds me of a time my friend went on playstation home as a girl to see how many people would hit on him (we were bored). When someone finally did, my friend wated for about 5 minutes before saying he was a dude. The guy hitting on him honestly thought picking chicks up based on their avatars was a good idea, and was so insecure when his plan backfired he started calling my friend names like "tranny" and the like and ran off. We still like to joke about it from time to time. :D

NorthernChaosGod
02-11-2010, 02:41 AM
Lulz, sounds like good trolling.

Mirage
02-13-2010, 03:45 PM
I kinda hate when players assume that you are a girl just because you play as a female character in a game, and then they get all up in your face with messages about A/S/L and other shiet.
I'm a guy who happens to like Chun-li, get over it! >[

Are you kidding? I love when that happens.

Madame Adequate
02-13-2010, 05:35 PM
You do know I set that time like a billion years ago and have since beaten you soundly, right?

17.75, fyi.

KentaRawr!
02-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Today i actually went mad at someone asking me if i did girl on girl. i used 25 swearwords 2 of which iv never heard off and unsure of its meaning. i feel kinda better but its just getting worst. i wanna get over it but im slowly being put of gaming online....:(

Aw don't worry girl not all of us are like that. Now what's your age, height, and social security number?

Zeldy
02-14-2010, 05:10 PM
I used to have it alot. I remember when I used to play Phantasy Star Online and my brother specifically told me to avoid being this particular character (the HUnewearl), as when I would be one of those I'd get gamers sending me messages, just like you said. I was always too young to really understand, I thought they were being nice! till my brother told me to quickly leave a lobby once because of the things that were being said.

I always get it when I play on Guitar Hero, when I've like 100% a song on Expert, say something and they're all suddenly like OMG YOU'RE A GIRLLLLLLL and I'm like yeah, and?

(I joined your group :))

Mirage
02-14-2010, 05:17 PM
You're a minority, better get used to people being surprised

Rostum
02-16-2010, 11:18 PM
I get jealous of girls on MMO's. All they have to do is flaunt to the hardcore players, and they'll give her whatever she wants.

Next MMO I am pretending to be a chick. :\

NorthernChaosGod
02-17-2010, 12:17 AM
I get jealous of girls on MMO's. All they have to do is flaunt to the hardcore players, and they'll give her whatever she wants.

Half the "girls" probably are just doing this already.

VeloZer0
02-17-2010, 12:48 AM
I had a friend who was playing a female character in an MMO, an even though he didn't make any effort to make people think he was female there still were a bunch of losers who nonetheless seemed to develop a crush on him.

Mirage
02-17-2010, 09:21 PM

Half the "girls" probably are just doing this already.

And it still works surprisingly well! ;)

Bunny
02-17-2010, 09:41 PM

There was one girl in particular who wanted her application to go through for one of the top guilds in WoW. The GM said if she sent nude photos to him, she'd get in. She did send them, he didn't let her join. Instead he put them on the internet. Girls are so dumb.

Mirage
02-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Or she was hopelessly addicted and didn't have any sort of social life outside of the game

Jessweeee♪
02-17-2010, 10:13 PM
I had a friend who was playing a female character in an MMO, an even though he didn't make any effort to make people think he was female there still were a bunch of losers who nonetheless seemed to develop a crush on him.

This is very common. I only played FFXI for like two months and had all of this neat stuff because male characters would just give things to me out of nowhere :|

Crop
02-17-2010, 10:18 PM
This is very common. I only played FFXI for like two months and had all of this neat stuff because male characters would just give things to me out of nowhere :|

I never understood why guys do that. What do they think they're going to get out of it?

Mirage
02-17-2010, 10:33 PM
It's easy, their basic instincs have problems differensiating between real life females and ingame females.

Miriel
02-17-2010, 10:33 PM

The only person who ever gave me stuff I wanted cause I'm a girl and they looove me was Del Murder and Misfit. :aimkiss:

No one else gave a crap. I'm sure there are people who throw themselves at females in games, but that's never really been my experience and I played FFXI for like 3 years. *shrug* Sure people give each other stuff, but that was always more of a "lets me nice to newbies thing". I gave female and male characters random stuff all the time. It's called being helpful and nice. No one ever gave me items or help and then turned around to be all, "Lets be in-game boyfriend/girlfriend!"

Madame Adequate
02-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Yeah in all my time playing MMOs, as both male and female characters, and what I've observed among others, I've never really seen this supposed phenomena about girls getting free stuff.

NorthernChaosGod
02-17-2010, 11:56 PM
There was one girl in particular who wanted her application to go through for one of the top guilds in WoW. The GM said if she sent nude photos to him, she'd get in. She did send them, he didn't let her join. Instead he put them on the internet. Girls are so dumb.
Bahaha, that's just great. Was she hot?

Iceglow
02-20-2010, 07:57 PM
On TPS (http://www.trollscantsing.eu) the game I help develop (when I have time at least, or rather I did help develop before I had not enough time for it at all) I used to play this psychotic lesbian dark elf who was pretty damn racist and sexist she hated men and basically wanted to rape half the female characters in the game and wasn't very discrete with her opinions. Before many players knew I was male I had quite a large following of guys who were totally and utterly in love with the persona of the character Lasuria-Bladebreak. All my posts on the game forums and everything were 100% in character even when she commented on events that were originally ooc by others I'd incorporate it in to the story as rumours and messages she'd heard in the game world through the extensive network of spies she kept. One guy in particular used to have this huge crush on me from the interactions he had in game it wasn't until he saw me on IRC once he found out the truth that I was male and had been dying laughing at his hitting on me with the handful of other players who knew my true identity. Best thing about this? My character was violently nasty to him, he must just like being abused by people.

NorthernChaosGod
02-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Haha, that's amazing. Do you have anything you can actually show us?

Jessweeee♪
02-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Oh my god xDDDD

Drift
03-03-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't usually throw abuse at other females in game, unless they started it. For example I joined a lobby for MW2 which had a full team of girls and they instantly started abuse while the game loaded, after the match (where they won by a couple of points) they started shouting how we should be ashamed that girls beat us and that we should stop the abuse, at which point all i said was "gg" and joined a different lobby. moral of the story? male or female there's always gonna be abuse at either gender, now i just direct it all at little kids screaming down the mic xD

bipper
03-04-2010, 12:44 AM
If you don't like getting hit on, play offline or get a sex change. :redface:

Lightening
03-04-2010, 03:52 AM
I don't play online much, but I've been in a chatroom so I know what you're talking about. :roll2

Yeargdribble
03-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah in all my time playing MMOs, as both male and female characters, and what I've observed among others, I've never really seen this supposed phenomena about girls getting free stuff.

I hear this sometimes. I wonder why it is some people never run into any of it while others run into tons of it. I just know my wife does run into this as well as male friends who play male characters. I've run into it on WoW mules who literally have the word "bank" in their name which makes it obvious they might just be pretty belf with penises. Odd.

Of course, I've played years of MMOs so I had a wider sample size.

Mirage
03-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Looking female isn't enough, guys :p. Most guys are aware there are tons of males playing as females. You need to act like a believable female too. Trust me, I'm a pro.

Iceglow
03-04-2010, 09:44 PM

Unfortunately not any more, I lost the files of the conversations 3 laptops ago.

As for acting like a believable female yeah that much is true I can pretty much flick a switch mentally and start acting really like the character I am portraying be it male, female, old, young, good, evil and when I'm in the mode for being that character I generally have an instantaneous response in character it makes me more convincing as the character it also scares some people especially those who encountered me playing the character Lasuria-Bladebreak, it was a fantasy game where she was a dark elf and she hated all the other races, worst thing you could be was male and human because she'd not even bother to find out if you wanted to fight or to come in peace she'd just kill you out right and to hell with the consequences.

I also later played a female character named Guinevere who yes was inspired after watching Arthur over christmas one year. Guinevere was a young, naieve human who was originally made with the idea of just running around being a bit of a side line character in the world. However she ended up having to rally the players on her side of the war and so we all saw how this innocent little girl became a fiercly loyal and determined warrior princess who whilst never the strongest proved to be the lynch pin in her army. I found it difficult to adapt to her but with some help from other characters in the game, one of whom became a revenant, something ressurected improperly and thus his RP became that of something neither dead nor truly alive and at the same point not undead either. He was caught in the middle of the 3, getting close to him would prove physically painful and so he provided a great aid in making Guinevere tougher physically and mentally because she made it her place to investigate what had happened to this character. Again I managed to play the character convincingly and people often assumed I must have been female irl prior to my relevation I was me. I even had players I knew fooled for a while. Players who had played alongside me as Lasuria for years.

~*~Celes~*~
03-04-2010, 09:53 PM
I make it obvious that I'm a female without even trying. Blessing and a curse :(

NorthernChaosGod
03-04-2010, 11:05 PM

Unfortunately not any more, I lost the files of the conversations 3 laptops ago.

As for acting like a believable female yeah that much is true I can pretty much flick a switch mentally and start acting really like the character I am portraying be it male, female, old, young, good, evil and when I'm in the mode for being that character I generally have an instantaneous response in character it makes me more convincing as the character it also scares some people especially those who encountered me playing the character Lasuria-Bladebreak, it was a fantasy game where she was a dark elf and she hated all the other races, worst thing you could be was male and human because she'd not even bother to find out if you wanted to fight or to come in peace she'd just kill you out right and to hell with the consequences.

I also later played a female character named Guinevere who yes was inspired after watching Arthur over christmas one year. Guinevere was a young, naieve human who was originally made with the idea of just running around being a bit of a side line character in the world. However she ended up having to rally the players on her side of the war and so we all saw how this innocent little girl became a fiercly loyal and determined warrior princess who whilst never the strongest proved to be the lynch pin in her army. I found it difficult to adapt to her but with some help from other characters in the game, one of whom became a revenant, something ressurected improperly and thus his RP became that of something neither dead nor truly alive and at the same point not undead either. He was caught in the middle of the 3, getting close to him would prove physically painful and so he provided a great aid in making Guinevere tougher physically and mentally because she made it her place to investigate what had happened to this character. Again I managed to play the character convincingly and people often assumed I must have been female irl prior to my relevation I was me. I even had players I knew fooled for a while. Players who had played alongside me as Lasuria for years.
Man, you must really like roleplaying.

Iceglow
03-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Man, you must really like roleplaying.

I wouldn't say I am one of those really geeky roleplayers who goes around doing live action stuff no. I write so I try and envision what my character is and how they would act so I can better convey their actions and thoughts, roleplay is a side part of this. Of the characters I have roleplayed the hardest to do was actually a male one. I played a ghoul an undead being note this is not a zombie, yes like a zombie the ghoul is a rotting cadaver ressurected and stalking the world however Ghouls move very quickly and are for the most part very strong they just lack a lot of intellect. Think 28 days later zombies :) Well the ghoul I played, Arrath he had been a soldier killed in battle by a vampire and then ressurected by a lich from afar. That in itself was not difficult to play out however to make it more difficult being a simple farmer turned soldier he was illiterate and his death had been particulary violent in fact the vampire whilst she hadn't fed from him she'd ripped his throat clean out leaving him even in his afterlife unable to speak. Therefore unable to speak, or to write it was left to me to communicate via actions alone.

NorthernChaosGod
03-05-2010, 10:38 PM
That's insane, I don't know how you manage. I would have been all, "Fuck this :bou::bou::bou::bou:, I speak using ghoul magic."

Iceglow
03-06-2010, 10:55 AM
hahaha I kept it up for well in excess of 2 years almost everyone wanted to get me to break it but I refused, it lead to some awesome confrontations when one of the enemies of our people confronted him and demanded to know why he'd done the killings he had done all I did was a shrug and walked away. The guy pursued me for around a third of the day before I led him calmly and silently in to a trap where I killed him too. I also had other special rules such as Arrath had to eat x quantity of meat a day otherwise he'd rot and that meant if there was a shortage of meat he'd either have to pack some with him from another area or kill someone including allies for meat. He done this a few times before all his allies learnt he'd kill them for meat if they didn't carry meat around.

NorthernChaosGod
03-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Haha, that's awesome. Your allies carried around meat for you. Lol.