PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 power level under 9000!!!

Aerith's Knight
11-15-2009, 01:31 PM
My USB hub keeps switching off the power or something to my external hard disk, while in device manager I already turned off the computers ability to turn off power to the hub.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Slothy
11-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Do you have a number of other powered devices plugged into it? If so then there might just not be enough juice to power them all through the on USB port on the computer.

Baloki
11-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Try going into hardware manager and turning off Windows ability to turn off USB ports for power saving.

Aerith's Knight
11-15-2009, 02:07 PM
I have other powerful devices plugged in, but they never had this problem in Vista ultimate.

And I said I already turned off windows 7's ability to turn them off for power saving.

Baloki
11-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Then it's a device issue not a vista issue :/

Aerith's Knight
11-16-2009, 07:46 AM
Who mentioned I'm working in vista? I'm working in windows 7. Jeesh, do you actually read the problem before responding? I never had this problem in vista, which would make this a windows 7 issue.

o_O
11-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Y'know, you could try showing a little gratitude towards those who're trying to help you... Just a thought.

Have you tried unplugging the other high-powered devices to see if that makes a difference? How frequently does it switch off?

Baloki
11-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Who mentioned I'm working in vista? I'm working in windows 7. Jeesh, do you actually read the problem before responding? I never had this problem in vista, which would make this a windows 7 issue.

Windows 7 is a polished version of Vista with some security settings such as UAC turned down. As for reading you've given us very little information to go on.

Could you list the devices you've got plugged in, which ones are in when it turns off, if any pop-ups or alerts appear in Windows, information from the Event log. Is the USB port you using a direct or split connection to the motherboard. Have you in device manager done it for every device that you've plugged into the USB port?

Aerith's Knight
11-16-2009, 08:45 PM

Windows 7 is a polished version of Vista with some security settings such as UAC turned down. As for reading you've given us very little information to go on.

Could you list the devices you've got plugged in, which ones are in when it turns off, if any pop-ups or alerts appear in Windows, information from the Event log. Is the USB port you using a direct or split connection to the motherboard. Have you in device manager done it for every device that you've plugged into the USB port?

It happens every few hours. Restarting fixes it.

I have one external hard drive, 1 mouse, 1 keyboard and a part of a speaker set going to it.

Basic error is USB driver not recognized, while doing that just 3 seconds before.

Direct connection to motherboard.

Only the hard drive has this problem.

Event log:

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 during a paging operation.

o_O
11-16-2009, 11:27 PM
It's probably a driver issue. Try installing the latest drivers for your motherboard.

Aerith's Knight
11-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Perhaps it's not windows 7 compatible. Thx for the help.