PDA

View Full Version : No Shave November?

Miss_Lulu
11-16-2009, 09:05 PM
All of the men in my family are doing the 'No Shave November' thing right now. So everyone has hairy faces. I see alot of people online are doing it too.

So, the question is: Are you participating in 'No Shave November' or do you know someone who is?

demondude
11-16-2009, 09:09 PM
I know loads of people doing it actually, and most of them look really dumb. Thing is though, they say they are doing it for Children In Need (British charity event) so i don't know if it will last for the whole month. I'm not taking part either way.

Meat Puppet
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I would never participate in something so ridiculous.

Ouch!
11-16-2009, 09:42 PM
I was until I had a job interview. Then that kind of died.

Agent Proto
11-16-2009, 09:52 PM
There's a thing called "No Shave November"? Damn, if I had known, I probably wouldn't have shaved the oter day. :P

Momiji
11-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Dear god, no. I've got barely more than stubble on my face right now, and that's already driving me crazy.

Shoeberto
11-16-2009, 10:08 PM
I think I've tried it before, but my facial hair doesn't look that great grown in. So yeah I haven't done it in a few years just out of fear of looking silly.

rubah
11-16-2009, 10:11 PM
I shaved yesterday :(

P4ine
11-16-2009, 10:31 PM
since I hate being completely shaved in the face, it's only natural for me to have a beard - but i do shorten and 'crop' my beard respectively

Christmas
11-16-2009, 10:35 PM

WHERE??~~~~~:bigsmile:

Bunny
11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Much to the chagrin of my girlfriend.

rubah
11-16-2009, 11:09 PM

WHERE??~~~~~:bigsmile:

*points on a doll*

legs!

I Don't Need A Name
11-16-2009, 11:12 PM
I haven't shaved yet, but I think I may do

Raistlin
11-16-2009, 11:29 PM
I am not. I get all itchy after 4 or 5 days, when I hack it all off. I kick ass at beard-growing contests, though. Which is a fact that I actually hate because I'm too lazy to shave very often, and I start to look like a scruffy hobo within a day or so of shaving.

Shattered Dreamer
11-16-2009, 11:31 PM
I did something similar last year. There is an Australian charity called Movember & basically you grow a mustache for the month of November & collect sponsors. Last year it was for prostate cancer! Twas pretty popular in Ireland last year alot of TV personalities got involved. I ended up at the official media launch totally by accident got a bunch of free shaving stuff & drank loads of free beer & vodka :D

Funnily enough though I'm growing my beard back at the moment because the weather is cold:tongue:

Levian
11-17-2009, 12:38 AM
I think I've shaved 2 or 3 times since August, so I kinda regularly do this thing. I haven't shaved my face in November yet but I have shaved my neck.

Chemical
11-17-2009, 12:50 AM
So far it has been...

NorthernChaosGod
11-17-2009, 01:16 AM
I would, if I didn't work at Macy's. I need to keep up a respectable image.

I mean, I would do it, but not for November. I just hate shaving and like beards.

theundeadhero
11-17-2009, 02:39 AM
I can't. It's political.

Evastio
11-17-2009, 03:14 AM
It's ironic that you've made this thread the day before I've shaved.

So, I guess this means no no-shave November for me.

Shiny
11-17-2009, 03:17 AM
I had no idea this even existed. I'll be shaved kthanx.

Cuchulainn
11-17-2009, 03:26 AM
I have permastubble. Well not stubble longer than that but not long enough to call a beard. It's complicated.

Tavrobel
11-17-2009, 05:37 AM
Yeah, I'm participating in No Shave November, followed by Don't Shave December, and then with Jesus Christ it's Cold January, Forgot to Shave February, and Manly March.

And then it's about time for Aww, It's Time to Shave April.

Booga
11-17-2009, 12:17 PM
I could stop shaving my legs, that hair might even keep my legs warm, and someone out there has to find hairy legs sexy on a girl. I'd better not let Mr Booga see this, I've been trying for weeks to make him get rid of that beard of his.

Iceglow
11-17-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm not participating, I can grow an awesome beard (most men kill for a goatee as cool as mine can be after just 7 days of not shaving and only giving it one trim) in no time at all. I am considering a chin-strap style goatee (I shaved the last one off because I couldn't be bothered) but it's a mixed bag, trimmed facial hair takes so much to keep neat and tidy can I really be bothered to do that? And on the other side of the coin it looks good on me to have a beard/goatee.

Christmas
11-17-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm not participating, I can grow an awesome beard (most men kill for a goatee as cool as mine can be after just 7 days of not shaving and only giving it one trim) in no time at all. I am considering a chin-strap style goatee (I shaved the last one off because I couldn't be bothered) but it's a mixed bag, trimmed facial hair takes so much to keep neat and tidy can I really be bothered to do that? And on the other side of the coin it looks good on me to have a beard/goatee.

You look good with or without goatie!! :kaoclove:

Jiro
11-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Movember (as it is known is Aus) raises money for prostate cancer research and whatnot. I only started shaving like two weeks ago (hair dun grow on my face too well) so I almost count as participating. Except I have to shave before my formal tomorrow so yeah :/

You're allowed to shave in Movember, you just have to grow a moustache. Dunno how it's done elsewhere though!

Breine
11-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Not participating in it because I didn't know it existed.

I do like my facial hair, though.

Unbreakable Will
11-17-2009, 08:22 PM
No shave November? >.>
Fuck...I haven't shaved in almost a month anyway...when in rome.

NorthernChaosGod
11-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I'm participating in No Shave November, followed by Don't Shave December, and then with Jesus Christ it's Cold January, Forgot to Shave February, and Manly March.

And then it's about time for Aww, It's Time to Shave April.

I like the way you think.

Denmark
11-18-2009, 01:27 AM
I haven't shaved since August, other than cleaning up certain areas that get annoying (neckbeard lol) and trimming the beard itself.

Mogi
11-18-2009, 01:57 AM
I may trim, but Jesswee doesn't want me to shave my face because she likes it X3

It has nothing to do with November though.

Quindiana Jones
11-18-2009, 03:15 PM
It's not for Children In Need. It's Movember, and men should grow a mo' to help a bro. Basically, it's to raise awareness of men's health issues, often targeting prostate cancer, though it does concentrate on other things like depression and stuff. You don't need to stop shaving, you just need to grow a moustache. And you don't actually have to grow a moustache, just show some kind of appreciation to it. Donate a little money if you like. Or just ignore it. I don't care. Though you should at least do a bit of research into prostate cancer, especially if you're a guy, because people are ridiculously ignorant when it comes to things prostate related. That's probably why it gets so pissed and ends up mauling you in old age. REVENGE!