PDA

View Full Version : Explanations from Episode Zero *spoilers*

TheSpoonyBard
11-20-2009, 01:29 PM
In the TGS 09 trailer there are two events that so far have been unexplained. First, we hear from Jihl that Dajh, Sazh's son, had become a crystal and was due to be displayed in Eden. Second, Sazh has a gun levelled at Vanille who is begging to be killed. What we didn't know were the details surrounding these events and how they came to pass. I think the answer is in the Episode Zero stories, so go read them before you read on :)

When a person becomes a l'Cie they are given a Focus and their destiny will be one of two things. They will either complete their Focus and become a crystal, or fail and become a Cie Corpse.

In Treasure we are told that Dajh was made a l'Cie by fal'Cie Kujata. His power is that he can sense people from Pulse. His Focus isn't mentioned but one can assume that it is related to his new power. So Dajh will complete his Focus, thereby turning into a crystal, when he finds some people from Pulse.

In Encounter Lightning is wandering around Bowdam when she spots two women. One is dark-haired and dressed in blue. The other is wearing similar clothes. Who do we know with dark hair and blue clothing? Fang. And if you remove her blue shawl her outfit is quite similar to Vanille's. Both are from Pulse.

So I'm thinking that when everyone converges at the firework display Dajh will see Fang and Vanille, completing his Focus and becoming a crystal. This is the reason Vanille feels so guilty and wants Sazh to shoot her – she is responsible for turning his son into a crystal. Fang obviously doesn't share this emotion because she's the 'tough' one.

-----

In the same trailer there's a scene where Serah has collapsed with Lightning and Snow at her side. She tells Lightning that she can save them all (referring to the l'Cie, I believe). This must mean there is a way to avoid the two outcomes and perhaps undo the crystallisation process. It must be possible as we have seen Dajh as a normal boy, not a crystal.

So, what do you think?