PDA

View Full Version : Wii Purchases

Depression Moon
11-20-2009, 09:03 PM
I was wondering how the wii handles purchases for games online. I know they have a points system. What I am particularly trying to get here is it possible for someone who owns another Wii to put points into your account or give you free games.

Yeargdribble
11-21-2009, 06:26 AM
I'm pretty sure you need actually access to the person's console to do that. You can purchase a number of Wii points directly on their system with your credit card and then download a game if you can do that all under the radar for gift giving purposes. Closest otherwise would be to buy a Wii points gift card.

I could be wrong though. It really seems like Nintendo's style to allow you to gift someone (via Friend Code) through their mail with a game or something, but keep in mind Nintendo probably wouldn't allow you to forcibly gift someone a game due to storage concerns on the recipients console (which they would need to have full control over).

Shlup
11-21-2009, 06:50 AM
You can gift points and games from your Wii to other Wiis.

Gifting Feature at Nintendo :: Wii :: Wii Channels (http://www.nintendo.com/wii/channels/gifting)

Depression Moon
11-22-2009, 02:05 AM
Alright thanks that's all i wanted to know. ShlupQuack xould you please close and delete this thread for me?