PDA

View Full Version : Zeppole

Rye
11-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Praise be to Zeppoles, the best of all Italian pastries.
Fries dough and powdered sugar
I don't know what could be better

I'm really sad by the lack of authentic Italian food places in Britain (they honestly suck, the only good places for pizza here are shocking 1) pizza hut, and the Halal fast food joints that make amazing burgers/fries/pizzas), since it means I haven't been able to find any zeppoles here at all. The closest thing has to be a Yum Yum, except greasier, and powdered sugar instead of frosted.

Do you like zeppoles? If you don't know them, go out and try to find out.

Christmas
11-21-2009, 01:05 PM
http://www.guarinopastryshop.com/_images//zeppoles.jpg

I LIKE IT. I EAT EVERY BIT OF IT INCLUDING THE CHEF THAT MADE IT. HE TASTES THE NICEST!! :quina:

Breine
11-21-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure I've ever had one, but they kinda sound like a fattier version of "vandbakkelser" (in English, Choux pastries).

But really, living in Denmark literally means living in "The Land of Pastries". I love me some cakes and pastries.

scrumpleberry
11-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I've never had one! Goddammit Rye you're making me hungar :(

Raistlin
11-21-2009, 04:32 PM
I woke up with a headache today and do not yet feel up to eating. Thanks for making me queasy at the thought.

Christmas's picture also makes zeppoles seem to have a lot of other stuff in them. What is all that?

Rye
11-22-2009, 04:24 PM
I woke up with a headache today and do not yet feel up to eating. Thanks for making me queasy at the thought.

Christmas's picture also makes zeppoles seem to have a lot of other stuff in them. What is all that?

Sorry!

Yeah, I've never had a zeppole with all that red stuff in the middle. it's just a fried ball of dough, with lots of powdered sugar!